PDA

View Full Version : Telling my Mom

AKKaren
05-13-2015, 11:25 PM
:battingeyelashes:Well.....I finally did it. 57 years of working up the nerve to look my Mom in the eyes and tell her who I really am.
The earth is still spinning....
The waters are still flowing downhill.....
The sun still sets in the west....
All is OK.

Karen

DanaR
05-14-2015, 12:23 AM
That's great, how did she take it?

cheryl reeves
05-14-2015, 12:54 AM
i told my mom 15 yrs ago and she told me she kinda knew i was that way..

Marcelle
05-14-2015, 06:11 AM
Hi Karen,

Congrats and I am glad it went well.

Hugs

Isha

reb.femme
05-14-2015, 06:35 AM
Glad it hasn't caused the world to stop and the birds singing Karen, but come on, fill us in, so to speak. More info por favor.

Will she get to see the other you? Is she happy with keeping the staus quo?
Does anyone want to keep 'the real' Status Quo? :heehee:

Rebecca

kimdl93
05-14-2015, 06:40 AM
If you had stopped the world from spinning, I for one would have been really pissed. You are so lucky!

susancheerleader
05-14-2015, 09:35 AM
I didn't tell my mom. But she told me last year "I know you like to cross dress." I assume she heard it from my sister who came into my house unexpectedly one day and found me dressed in a skirt and a blouse. She asked about it but didn't really care and nothing was ever brought up again.
My mom isn't comfortable with it. And I get the feeling that as long as she doesn't see me dressed or I talk about it she is okay. In other words keep it to myself.

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 09:45 AM
you are so lucky/fortunate to have a mum, mine died about 5 years after my 21st birthday also my father had died 6 months after my 21st and brother followed some years after that so now i doc not have any relly close family that i can confide in. I wish i stil had my parents.

Isabella Ross
05-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Karen, good for you. I told my mother about a year and a half ago. I'm not sure why it was so important to me, but it was. She accepted completed and unreservedly, and concedes that she should have noticed the obvious signs so many years ago. I think you really accept yourself when you're determined to stop living a lie with your loved ones.

Nadia916
05-14-2015, 10:26 AM
That's great Karen! Good for you! Did she take it well? My SO is the only one who knows that I CD.

marshalynn
05-14-2015, 10:52 AM
I told my mother about two years ago, she got upset, because I took so long to tell her, she felt like a bad mother because I didn't think she would under stand and still love me. Mothers you have to LOVE them !!!!! Marshalynn

Beverley Sims
05-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Karen,
Good for you, also nice to still have a mum around after 57 years.

AdrenalineRush
05-14-2015, 07:00 PM
Tell us more!

Angie G
05-14-2015, 07:35 PM
Good for you Karen.:hugs:
Angie

Stephanie_83
05-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Good on all of you who are out to your parents! It's cool to hear about such accepting families... I'm comfortable in only being out to my s/o right now - opening it up to the folks is a bridge too far for me -- I don't think they'd be fundamentally unaccepting, but I don't see it going particularly well, either. But it's always awesome to hear about!

wilt575
05-15-2015, 01:22 PM
I didn't have to tell mom about the other me. SHE TOLD ME! Years back I had to move back home with mom, laid off lost apt. Moved things in she was helping me unpack. We were putting clothes away when she said where are your other clothes? What other clothes do you mean? Starla's clothes, yes I know about the other you (found out from girl cousin who I was out too) and I am fine with it dress whenever and however you feel comfortable. If you like you can use the extra closet in my room for Starla so people won't wonder about them in your room.