PDA

View Full Version : I was longlegs but now the new name is better

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 08:54 AM
When I first joined this forum I was not sure what I should call myself and originally chose longlegs as My name for obvious reasons but being new to cd as I progressed through this wonderful world I realised that longlegs no longer really represented my inner self but to me just projected a suitable name, having contacted the powers to be I was able to change to my name to bobbi.
What a difference it made to me in that I feel more inline both with myself and more joined in with the cd community.
Has any body had this dilemma of name choosing?

Jenniferathome
05-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Bobbi, I chose a screen name based on my assumption hat I would always be a closet cross dresser. So I got a little clever, I thought, and came up with Jennifer At Home. Jennifer is just a name I liked but it has no special meaning for me. It is not part of my real name or anything like that.

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 09:48 AM
I do not try to seperat the bobbi from the real me as I feel so content with bobbi that it feels like a lovely soft extension of who I am.

Nadine Spirit
05-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Ugggh!!! Name choosing! You think it would be easy because you can pick anything you want. But no.... because you can pick anything then you begin to second guess yourself and think hmm..... maybe I should be called ________!!!

Personally this is my third name. I picked the first one for some reason. The second was a variant of my real name. And this one just sort of called to me.

I decided to sign up for some Google thing, like email, or my blog, or ???? and then what did I need? A LAST name! Double ugh!! I tried thing after thing, but none of them worked well and I saw Spirit on some printing sitting around my house, it was accepted to Google and it was done.

I think about changing things, but now my name is my top Google search string for folks to find my blog. So, like it or not, I am stuck with it til the end! Thanks Google!

pamela7
05-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Hi Bobbi,
Probably any gamer has chosen alter-ego's for their alternate realities. I was first faced with this in the interests of protecting my family/SO from local fallout, so I chose a pseudonym, the name "Pamela" popped out of nowhere and stuck. As the ID was taken here I added a "7". Then somewhere else needed a surname, and out came "white" (pretty obvious really given the 7 and CD obsessions with mirrors).

Out of respect to the CD/TG genre I use Pamela at group meetings and here, but my name is my name however I'm dressed.

xxx Pamela

Barbara Black
05-14-2015, 11:19 AM
My name came from gaming also. I wanted an alter-ego both for protection, and to be my female persona that I also wanted in real life. The last name was just what was available after the name Barbara, which I picked because all the Barbaras that I've known have been really nice. So I was stuck with it (willingly) when I opened my blog and people knew me by that name. And finally, when I opened this membership, I easily decided to stay with Barbara. The Black portion of it being the only thing close to Blackcinder that was available here.

cheryl reeves
05-14-2015, 11:55 AM
teresa cheryl reeves has been my femme name since i was 17.

bridget thronton
05-14-2015, 12:05 PM
Took me forever - but once I adopted Bridget i decided it was me (Brenda was a close second)

Sarah-RT
05-14-2015, 01:48 PM
My original username was what I used as an email address when I was a teen so it was fairly stupid, however I realised I was stupid since google searching it led to here so I changed it to an actual girls name which in hindsight I am much happier about!

Sarah x

Beverley Sims
05-14-2015, 03:45 PM
Not a dilemma as such but I did change mine to include my family name instead of a number.

Bobbi46
05-14-2015, 04:30 PM
bobbi is what I had set my heart on but having been told that there was allready a bobbi out ther I added 46 so that I could have the name

Diane1950
05-14-2015, 04:44 PM
When I joined, I hadn't given any thought to a name, so I hurriedly settled on a nice name and gave away the year of my birth. Very blah and unoriginal. I really should do something about it. LOL

Rebekah_uk
05-14-2015, 05:46 PM
I have always loved the name Rebekah, when the popular spelling was gone. I switched spelling and if we're to choose a full femme name it would be Rebekah Louise Taylor.

It rolls off the tongue

Rhonda Darling
05-15-2015, 06:17 AM
Back when I was young at this, I used the screen name Rhonda_Girl (a play off of "Ron, the girl"). After a while that seemed odd to me so I pulled "Darling" out of the air and the rest is internet history.

alice clair
05-15-2015, 06:59 AM
Michelle is a female version of my name but I had to add the three to make it work on here and on a few other places I visit on line

Sissy_Michelle
05-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Bobbi,

I think assigning a name was the most difficult part about my alter self. In the past my then girlfriends had just used a more feminine version of my name and it stuck. Later when I had gotten married I asked my wife and she seemed to like something else but she never uses it. So I kept my current name Michelle. Most of my friends that "know" me will use it so why change?

@--}---
Michelle

MsVal
05-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Some people have androgynous names.

Best wishes
MsVal

Nadia916
05-15-2015, 10:20 AM
I always stress out when I have to come up with a username! Not sure why... When I joined here, Nadia was already taken and I was all upset. My SO says, just put some numbers on the back end and be done with it! :) I love her!!

Nadia

Jilmac
05-15-2015, 09:24 PM
For many years (mostly in the closet) I used the name Billie, but one day my wife intercepted a package that I had ordered from a specialty boutique. The package should have been delivered to a private post box but was delivered to my home instead. My wife knew I dressed but never approved and when she met me at the door asking who Billie was, I had to think fast so I told her it must have been a mistake from the person who took my order. I then told her that the package was supposed to be a surprise for her. Anyway, after that encounter I didn't use the femme name any more. Once I was finally able to come out I picked an easy femme name by simply dropping a B and adding a J to become Jill, I added mac to my user name because of my last name.