PDA

View Full Version : Networking En Femme

Kimkandy
05-19-2015, 12:17 PM
I have a business networking event to go too and I'm really tempted to go as Kim...

It means getting the bus there and hopefully not having a problem getting in at the door.

Not sure wether to do it or just go drab?

Jorja
05-19-2015, 12:49 PM
I do not know how you identify, CD or TS. If you are in transition I can see maybe going as Kim because that is who you are. If you are just looking for an event to attend dressed, I don't think it is wise. This is business you are talking about. This can and will put change in your pocket and food on your table. I don't think I would take that risk.

LucyNewport
05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
I guess it depends on how out you are to your colleagues, and what field of work you are in. Some types of work, like the arts, will be more accepting than others. However, if you are just looking for a venue to fly your freak flag (nothing against that - I do it myself) there may be better options. I'm partial to gay bars myself. The risk of running into homophobes there is vanishingly small.

Kate Simmons
05-19-2015, 01:08 PM
I'd guess it really depends on how comfortable you are with yourself. :)

Dianne S
05-19-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm with Jorja. If you're transitioning, it makes sense. If not, why would you want to do that?

kimdl93
05-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Another vote in favor of assessing your reasons for networking as Kim. If you're intention is to live and work openly, then it makes sense.

Kimkandy
05-20-2015, 01:31 AM
Thanks for comments, didn't dress up went see movie, Mad Max after and got back about 1am...

I do go to Way Out Club sometimes on a Saturday.

Beverley Sims
05-20-2015, 09:42 PM
Kim,
I would say that networking would not be a good idea if you want to climb the corporate ladder easily.