PDA

View Full Version : I just did something wonderful

SharonDenise
05-20-2015, 02:57 PM
I just did something wonderful. Thanks to a member posting a thread that Dress Barns are cross dresser friendly, I went to one nearby. I saw a blue-green metallic maxi skirt with a coordinating white top that I wanted to try. I took the skirt and top in two different sizes and went to the sales counter. I told the lady that I had heard that Dress Barn stores are cross dresser friendly and that I wanted to try these items on. She very warmly took me to one of the dressing rooms and told me to take my time. I wound up buying the skirt and top that best fitted me. I think I'm going to become their best customer. When I told her that it was my first time buying in this manner, she told me to come on back. Crossed another bridge.
Thank you fellow member for that great tip!

Amanda M
05-20-2015, 02:59 PM
Love it!

Barbara Black
05-20-2015, 03:02 PM
Hurray! Way to go Sharon! Now if I can find a Dress Barn in my area.... Aha. found one, but unfortunately it is in the middle of a Younkers. I wanted to say that it was especially brave of you to announce that you were a crossdresser, rather than just asking for a dressing room and letting the clerk guess.. Hurray again!!

ErikaS
05-20-2015, 03:46 PM
I just came from Dress Barn today it was amazing bought a black skirt and two tops, I just asked the SA if I could try it all on she said NP and ushered me into a dressing room.

Erika

Tora
05-20-2015, 03:49 PM
There have been quite a few good times at Dress Barn. there are a few metro Detroit stores with secondary dressing rooms which offer a bit more private time. Very helpful staff, my second favorite store, behind Long Tall Sally.

Pat
05-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Congratulations! Dress Barn today -- Saks tomorrow! ;)

justmetoo
05-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Good for you, SharonDenise! I also shopped at Dress Barn today - my local one, which I have shopped at several times before. I almost always buy a few things every time I go, and have always been treated well there. I go en femme, so they know what I am.

Kristy 56
05-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Three cheers for Dress Barn ! Thanks for sharing Sharon. Now be sure to let corporate know. :)

Jaylyn
05-20-2015, 06:27 PM
Sounds like a good place to buy from. That was a big bridge to step across by tell her you are a cross dresser. Good job.

Jodi
05-20-2015, 06:56 PM
The SA made a sale. That's all that counts in the retail world. A good SA doesn't care who is buying the clothing. She cares about providing great service, that the customer is satisfied, and that the customer will return to buy more.

Go out and shop til you drop.

Jodi

hope springs
05-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Last week got a dress from dress barn, no fuss.. No muss. Warm smile and decent service

Caryn Lynn
05-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Dressbarn is my favorite place to shop. I have spent way too much at their stores. Now when I go there it is immediately "should I start a room for you?" Guess that tells me I've been there too much.

Beverley Sims
05-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Sharon,
Nice to see a little wide eyed optimism here.

I hope you enjoy your adventures as much as I do.

Take care.

NancyJ
05-22-2015, 05:21 PM
It is important to be treated with the respect we deserve. I think when we are able to respect ourselves, hold our head up, and be up-front (although I would tend to use the term transgendered rather than Crossdresser) then we demonstrate our own self-respect. I've shopped (in drab) and bought at Dress Barn and used the dressing room there w/o a problem. Nancy

cdsara
05-22-2015, 05:23 PM
There opening one nearby next month. I will have to check it out.

brynnewilliams
05-22-2015, 05:33 PM
I will have to take a trip to the one near me!

Marcelle
05-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Hi Sharon,

Congrats on such a milestone step.

Hugs

Isha

Mark/Rebecca
05-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Get on their text club. It's kinda fun getting texted by them about 4 times a month.