PDA

View Full Version : eBay search

Wenda
02-05-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi girls, just want to share with you that this morning I typed : crossdressers in as a search title, and voila! 12 pages of shoes, dresses, lingerie, make-up, etc. Shoes up to size 14. Lots of nice XL clothes. Maybe I am the last one to think of searching using crossdressers as a category, but, if not, wanted to share it with you. wenda

Dayna
02-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Welcome to MY world, Wenda! :)

If you really want a lot of hits, type (crossdress,crossdresser,crossdressing) and search Titles and Descriptions--prepare to be overwhelmed.

Putting your search words in parentheses will do an either/or search; this is especially useful when looking for (XL,1X) or (16,18) or (satin,lace) or (heels,pumps)... you get the idea.

Happy hunting!

AprilMae
02-05-2006, 03:04 PM
I just bought my first item from ebay, a pair of shoes. I will be shopping there more often.

jo_ann
02-05-2006, 04:53 PM
the only thing I don't like is when people purposly tag an auction with "crossdress" just to get viewers when it's not even that great of an item.

Imogen_Mann
02-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm tempted to offer you another search term... to ensure you see a few of my listings and maybe buy something and send me some money.... But It'd blow the whistle on me... as my listings are all in my drab name.... all a bit of a give away.

XX

Jayme

Maria D
02-05-2006, 06:20 PM
My fiancee runs an ebay shop because she's too ill to work (has been for 2½ years). As well as books and stuff she sells a lot of underwear. A lot of people who buy from her are men buying ladies underwear, some for 'girlfriends' but a lot are honest it's for them. She usually offers advice on ladies sizes and stuff (she loves her feedback and is one of those fairtrader things). She never flags things 'crossdress' though, just calls the items what they are.

Mind you, shoes up to a 14 is good, since they are hard to find. I'm lucky being a size 6. :)

stlmichelle
02-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Just be careful, alot of unscrupulious people will tag things as crossdresser and mark the price up. Taking advantage of our fears of being outed. However I have had great luck with some, just have to know what you want, and what you think it is worth.

Robertacd
02-05-2006, 11:22 PM
I have found on E-bay just as in "brick and morter" stores that once an item has been labled a "crossdresser" item then the seller seems to think that now it is worth more.

christine55
02-06-2006, 04:26 AM
As with all generalities this does not apply 100% of the time but I have seen that when ever some item is labeled for crossdressers, you can expect half the quality at twice the price. Better to just search for what you need and buy it just like a regular girl.
Hugs, Christine

Sharon86
02-06-2006, 12:13 PM
i agree with you 100% christine55. Myself & my GG have never searched under any 'cd' headings and nor will we, i've just been kitted out from head to toe under womens clothes & accessories. The postman will get crushed in the rush to get to the front door over the next few days:bs: sharon86.

Dayna
02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Let the buyer beware!

No doubt that some eBay sellers (and most Web-based stores) take advantage of crossdressers, but many will simply use CD labels to help sell their plus sized merchandise--there is a lot of competition out there, and key words are used in item descriptions to draw in buyers. If you pay too much for a no-name item, shame on YOU!

If the seller cares, they will let you know when you are buying Olga, Talbots, or other quality brands. And if they are truly targeting the CD community, they will ship discreetly.

Finally, look at the Seller's Feedback--and specifically, the feedback they leave for others... don't know about you, but I would rather not receive, "Thanks for the payment, and enjoy your pink ruffled sissy panties!"

pattied
02-06-2006, 02:57 PM
My fiancee runs an ebay shop because she's too ill to work (has been for 2½ years). As well as books and stuff she sells a lot of underwear. A lot of people who buy from her are men buying ladies underwear, some for 'girlfriends' but a lot are honest it's for them. She usually offers advice on ladies sizes and stuff (she loves her feedback and is one of those fairtrader things). She never flags things 'crossdress' though, just calls the items what they are.

Mind you, shoes up to a 14 is good, since they are hard to find. I'm lucky being a size 6. :)
Sorry, I know this is off topic but... Maria... Where does she buy her stock? I have always been curious about wholesale/ebay trader supplies.

Back on topic, I recently bought some earrings on ebay, and have browsed a ton in serach of other excellent deals (of whch there are many, but my money tree isn't bearing much fruit this winter - bad crop:) )

Maria D
02-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Hi Pattie,
She buys some stuff from ebay traders from the wholesale section (like make-up, normal clothes etc), but buys most of her stuff (bras, basques, knickers, baby-dolls etc) from a wholesaler near us in Leeds. There's a minimum purchase requirement for each item (say a bra is £3 and you must buy 20 of them) so it's a big shop each time lol, but she sells cheap so they sell really well. Because she combines postage she gets loads of people who buy multiple items. The only trouble is having to go to the post office every day with a huge load of posting, which, being ill, she can't always do.

Take care
xxx

pattied
02-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the info Maria!!! I have always been curious.

Pink Satin Sissy
02-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Another great word to enter is "sissy". You will find all kinds of femminine lingerie and dresses for crossdressers.

Pink