PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the lines open

Dayna
02-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Since joining 'Crossdressers.com' I have become much more at ease with myself, and more confident. I wish to thank everyone here who has helped me.

Over the years, my wife and I have had "The Talk" more times than I case to count...usually every six months or so, which would give me the chance to dump six months worth of pent-up emotion on her all at once.

Before Christmas, we had another of our talks, in which I told her of my newfound peace and my desire to be able to share my thoughts and feelings with her on a more casual, daily basis--so we can avoid the 6 month drama. At first she sounded willing, but I pushed the wrong buttons a few too many times and her shields went up again. I decided to let it drop again, went through a pseudo-purge (moved all of my Dayna stuff to a locked closet).

We went out for dinner and drinks last weekend and, seeing an opportunity, I opened up again; this time things went better--although she has no interest in seeing me dressed (in person or in pictures), she did ask me for some Web links where she can go to learn more about crossdressing. I encouraged her to sign up here and join the GG forum (I assured her that Tamara won't bite! :D )... things were looking up... or, so I thought.

After our night out, she spent the next couple of days in a funk. I was leaving town on a business trip, and her "goodbye" to me included the words, "I think we could both use some time apart." Crushing. Made for a long flight. When I got to my destination I called her and she apologized, and told me that there were things we needed to talk about--specifically my crosdressing--but not on the phone. Although I was only gone two days, it seemed an eternity. I did not know what to expect.

Earlier this morning we sat down for another chat; what I learned is that much of her anxiety is being caused by MY expectation. I won't betry her confidence, but it things are definitely looking up.

So much so that I bought a navy blue VS dress off ebay this morning, with her blessing--and if I out bid you, sorry!!

AprilMae
02-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Good luck, Dayna. I'm watching all of your stories with keen interest as I lead my S/O through this as well.

RenaCD
02-05-2006, 05:04 PM
Dayna it sounds like things are taking shape for the better and that can only be good. take it all on her terms.
Slow and steady wins the race!

Good luck to you both Rena :thumbsup:

Julie York
02-05-2006, 05:14 PM
So much so that I bought a navy blue VS dress off ebay this morning, with her blessing--and if I out bid you, sorry!!

You rotten ****ing *******!!!

:D

Seriously, good luck. It all sounds far too stressful and over exciting having a SO these days. All that mental gymnastics must be very hard work for both parties.

Dayna
02-05-2006, 05:59 PM
You rotten ****ing *******!!!

:D

Seriously, good luck. It all sounds far too stressful and over exciting having a SO these days. All that mental gymnastics must be very hard work for both parties.

That's MISS ****ing ******* to you, and I will send you a photo. :cheeky:

(Then again, I have not had a lot of luck with VS sizing in the past...this one may wind up for dibs later...)

Thanks for the support, Julie.

Dayna
02-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Good luck, Dayna. I'm watching all of your stories with keen interest as I lead my S/O through this as well.

Thanks AprilMae!

Dayna
02-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Slow and steady wins the race!

Amen, Rena!

SherriePall
02-05-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm sort of on the same path. She doesn't want to see (and she doesn't know I've taken pics). We have our good moments and then there are times I innocently say the wrong thing about my hobby and BOOM! Good luck. Hope to hear good things in the future from you.

TGMarla
02-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi, Dayna. What an interesting turn of events. Still, you have to move slowly with this one. It's the brass ring, so don't rush it. After your talk, did she say that she was going to try and be more accepting of you? You said it went well, so I'm curious, without betraying her trust, can you say whether or not she is willing to, or moving towards, a greater allowance of this? Anyway, since it seems that it's not going south on you, I'm glad for you.

Wendy me
02-06-2006, 08:52 AM
that whole talking or lack of it with our so's can be stressfull for bouth of you i know i am going through the same thing with my wife .... rember small steps and listen to her what she says or dosen't say is importin ... good luck...

Tiffy
02-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Dayna, I wish you the best of luck. I hope the two of you work it out. it was not that long ago when I was married the first time and my SO did not support me. And for the past 9 years the SO I have now loves that I am a Cd. It is very humbling to watch my sisters try to forage paths to find themselves. My heart goes out to you. I have almost forgotten how hard it really is.

Kisses and hugs, April Marie