PDA

View Full Version : One kind word can mean so much!

JayeLefaye
05-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Nothing special, just wanna share...

In the span of any given six weeks, I drop into a nail salon at a moment's notice, and get my nails done, with "color"...I travel about 200 miles per day, and never know when the mood may strike:-)...But it struck last week...

Today, after a 200 mile round trip, totally lumberjack drab, I stopped at my local gas station/convenience store to pick up a bottle of water and a sandwich...As often happens ONE person took up 87 minutes at a cash register, and another clerk hurried over to help move everyone along at her own register...She moved them in and out at a very rapid rate!!!

I was eventually the next in line, with 6 more patrons behind me...She rang me up. I swiped my card on the debit machine, picked up my products and was heading toward the door, and she said:

I love the color of your nails

I had totally forgotten that my nails were Turquoise this month...

Kinda cool, eh?

Jaye

Barbara Black
05-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Lucky you, no stress about whether you should do it or not, and a complement besides. Wahooo!!!!

JayeLefaye
05-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Wahooo indeed!...But i shold have added that I'm getting a lot of those comments lately, whether it's about my choice of boots or nails,

And I should have also added:

I'm in my late '50's...She was in her early 20's....

And I've actually notice that a lot lately...Skip down a generation tween us oldsters and the young 'uns...Perhaps there's hope for the future?

Jaye

Dana44
05-22-2015, 04:20 PM
That is cool that most people do complement.

JayeLefaye
05-22-2015, 04:39 PM
Yes, Dana :-)

And in retrospect, I realize that I perhaps titled this thread wrong.

It wasn't that she was being "kind", as if to help get me through a difficult moment...She was just ringing up my order while being really really busy, dealing with every day ordinary pain in the butt people...

I suspect that my nails gave her a distraction...Enough of a distraction for her to mention them...

So, keep that in mind folks....Vanilla can be boring, not just to us, but to others...

Jaye

Nadine Spirit
05-22-2015, 04:44 PM
From the general public I have never gotten anything but complements. From some work associates I have had some questions as to why I do it. From some friends of friends I had some involved discussions.

But most of it was years ago. Nowadays it appears as though nobody even notices that they are painted which is cool as I have been doing the coolest colors and wildest patterns lately.

It is so normal now I don't even know the last time I had them unpainted for more than a day.

JayeLefaye
05-22-2015, 05:06 PM
From the general public I have never gotten anything but complements. From some work associates I have had some questions as to why I do it. From some friends of friends I had some involved discussions.

But most of it was years ago. Nowadays it appears as though nobody even notices that they are painted which is cool as I have been doing the coolest colors and wildest patterns lately.

It is so normal now I don't even know the last time I had them unpainted for more than a day.

And there we go, Nadine....:-)

No one ever says anything about my earrings. sometimes dangly, most times left at home.

But my "nails"???? which are out there for all to see????

99.999% positive!

Jaye

Kristy 56
05-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Way cool,Jaye. After waiting on line she made your day. Should be more people like that. :)

Beverley Sims
05-23-2015, 12:00 PM
It seems less unusual to see guys with painted nails.
I have even seen nails with patterns on them, worn by guys of course.