logo allover the package i had one sent by ups and someone ripped a hole in
it. i'm loking for make up and some other items to shipped to me privately
so if anyone has any suggestions

thank you
leanne 60

Kimberley
02-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi Leanne,
Make a list and go shopping. Men shopping for their wives is not unusual and if some wise a** has a comment just toss it back by making a joke out of it.

For instance, I bought a beautiful bikini last summer and when checking out the clerk asked if I would like to try it on. I held it up to my elbow looked her in the eye and said, "Yup, it fits." She was the one embarassed not me.

Most clerks really dont care as long as they get your money.

So go for it. As for online shopping, you could rent a mailbox with a street address and have it sent there. No embarassment that way. But as I said, most store clerks dont care and the few that do recognize you are more than helpful. Those are the ones to cultivate a relationship with.

Hope this helps.

Eileen
02-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Leanne,

Kimberley is right. Going shopping in person is really not that big of a problem. The clerks do not know who you are shopping for. Those who figure it out or who you decide to tell, will in most cases be very helpful. They know you will be back and they are there to make sales. I am also over 60 and just love to shop. It is the best, I must admit, when I am enfem!

Eileen

RenaCD
02-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey Leanne what kimberley suggests is all true most clerks don't care and a post office box is a great idea.
Also try thrift shops and consignment stores, usually you can't return things but you can't beat the prices. I bought a leather skirt at one yesterday for 3.00 I wished it it had fit but alas it was too small but for 3 bucks who's kicking.
For make up you can't beat Target or Walmart or even Costco or BJ's try there makeup kits until you find your colors.

Good Shopping Rena

Julie York
02-05-2006, 05:26 PM
If you are living alone then it is between you and the postman. And all you do then is have your address as C/O (care of) YOU and then you can even distance yourself from the package by explaining that you are doing a friend a favour while she is travelling...or between addresses... Or whatever.

In fact sod the postman.:D

If you live alone and no-one else wil see the parcel but the postman then......who cares? Go for it.

Tamara Croft
02-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Do you really think the postman or whoever delivers it really cares what you are buying? I mean, you could be buying it for anyone in your family etc.... trust me, the delivery man doesn't care what's in your package ;)