PDA

View Full Version : My 1st time to a local CD meeting

Gisele
02-05-2006, 04:18 PM
I had my first experience last night and it was wonderful!

I had been a web member for a few years but last night I got the nerve up to attend their monthly meeting.

There were a couple of things getting in my way of going and I had an easy out if I wanted. First the weather was not so good with the roads getting iced over and the second thing was I forgot the directions to the house where the meeting was.

So I just drove the hour out towards the house and went by memory. I guess my mind was not as gone as I thought cause I ended up at the front door! I was not sure it was the right house but I peeped in the door window and saw fellow sisters inside. Whew....I would hate to have had the cops called on me for a peeping tom call.

So, I rang the doorbell and answered was a friendly smile attached to a pretty girl.:D I was welcomed with open arms and I felt at home quite quickly with never talking to any one before face to face.

The GG that had the party was very open minded as her husband came out to her last Aug. Her brother came up form Nashville, TN. to teach us the art of make up. He works for MAC and does work on stars for music videos and the such. Needless to say I learned a lot last night.

After that we ordered pizza and watched UK get beat by FL:mad: We talked about a few things and then I had to head back to the house because the roads were getting worse. All in all in the three hours I was there I made new friends and had a great time although I was quiet and kept to myself some. I am a shy person by nature but I will come out more next time.

On the way home I almost stopped at wal mart to run in and look around for a minute but I chickened out and the roads were on my mind as well. I had the courage to go in after I was told that I can pass without a doubt. I would have never thought I could. But they think I do!:clap:

So, I hope after reading this it will give some other girls here that was thinking about going to a support group to DO IT!

You won't regret it.

I just wished my fiance could have come but she is in OH at her grandmothers this week. She wanted to come but had to go up to OH. She supports me 100%

Sorry for the long post but had to yell this to the internet world!!!

OK, I feel better:cheeky:

Beth

Stlalice
02-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Beth,

It's good to see that despite any doubts that you had that you had the courage to go out to that meeting. The first time out, wether you are TS or CD is always a really scary expeience. Now that the first time is behind you, you can relax and learn to enjoy the freedom of being the person that you have always been. With the support and acceptance of your S/O you can build on that base and be that person you have always imagined. You have in the words of a civil war veteran "Seen the elaphant and been forever changed." Good luck and hang in there! :D

Rachel Morley
02-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Hi Beth,

Great news! I love happy endings :D

I also enjoy meeting fellow "girls" at socials. Now that my wife Marla and I are both members of the Sacramento chapter of Tri-Ess we socialize regularly. Our Tri-Ess meetings are always at a local restaurant and we always have dinner. Sometimes some of the girls go on to Faces (a local GLBT nightclub) or a local TG friendly coffee shop.

Anyway, I totally agree with you that everyone should (if they want to that is) get out and have some fun. Reading about other peoples outings on this forum was instrumental in our decision to "go more public" :)

Eileen
02-05-2006, 04:59 PM
Beth,

Yes that first time out is a nail bitter! Most tend to put it off and then after wonder why we waited so long. Summer is coming and weather will not be a problem. Enjoy your new found freedom. You are so blessed to have a supportive SO!

Eileen

Gisele
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I just got the most beautiful note form the GG that had the meeting. I am going crazy to go to another meeting. But I'll have to wait until next month.:(

I wish she wasn't moving to N.C. in a couple of months. But she said that she will help us out on keeping the group together.

I can't believe I was so nervous on going. Now, going out to a store will be another matter. But, I will deal with it when I do it as I did with the meeting. I'm just afraid after I go out in the public eye that I will never want to get out of my woman attire.:bs:

I thank you girls and this site for letting me express my thoughts on here!

I plan to become more of a woman than I ever thought...except cutting of Lil'Beth and her two friends.LOL

maid phylis
02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
dear beth.first let me say way to go girl i am proud of you,...now my name is phylisanne and i am from new york and i have been out for a few years and i remember the first time i went to a cd group meeting,it was in long island and i had to drive there fully dressed also first time and when i got there i was wellcomed by the gg that was the head of the group and all the other girls.since then i have been a member of a very nice group in new york city called crossdressers international .we meet every wed evening and i travel by subway fully dressed to our apt in the city.and like you said once you go out the first time everything falls into place,,,,your sister phylisanne:D :cheer: :c9: :gorgeous:

Ms Alison Janes
02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I recall when I went to my first CD meeting. I got changed when I got there and then joined the others. But just how I managed to walk into a room full of people when I was dressed in female clothes I don't know, I think I must have been on auto pilot.

Gisele
02-06-2006, 02:30 PM
maid phylis,
WOW, the subway! That calls for a "way to go girl"!
the only time I have been out is at nite and only driving around. I did once stop at a rest area with my girlfriend and we ran inside and did out business. No one was there but the care taker and he didn't even notice us.

I But just how I managed to walk into a room full of people when I was dressed in female clothes I don't know, I think I must have been on auto pilot.

LOL.....I know what you are saying!

I will have to start driving to the meetings in guy mode here when summer comes around. They start a 7pm. I live in a good area with many neighbors that are great. They just don't know about Beth.

paulaN
02-06-2006, 08:17 PM
way to go beth. A supportive SO. and your first gender meeting. Your well on your way to a great year.

uknowhoo
02-06-2006, 08:23 PM
:clap: :clap: Congratulations, Beth :clap: :clap: That's a big step.

I'm sure it will just get easier from here.;)

Hugs,

Tammi

Maddie Nolan
02-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Well done Beth! Its such a magical feeling when you enter the room for the first time and realise that nobody is judging you or laughing. I made my first social group meeting last month and, like Alison, had to arrive in drab and change. I was real nervous when I stuck my head out from behind the door but all my nerves disappeared in 30 seconds as everyone was great.
The strange thing was, at the end of the night when I had to change back, I felt really self concious back in my drab clothes!
Anyway, well done again Beth. There will be no stopping you now!