PDA

View Full Version : came out to my brother, sister, sister-in-law

pamela7
05-27-2015, 03:41 PM
so i came out to them, as it was a complete face-to-face surprise, i got the instant reactions.
They're ok cos i'm already weird/out-there, but i could see a little disturbance in them.
They wanted to know "why?", which is our unanswerable question.
Apparently they all now know what to get me for Christmas!!!
Can't be too bad!

ShayLeigh Dominique
05-27-2015, 03:43 PM
Congratulations on taking one more step into the light!

reb.femme
05-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Certainly opens up a whole range of ideas for birthday and Christmas presents. Only time will tell how they digest the news though, but I hope it all goes well.

Rebecca

Suzie Petersen
05-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Good for you Pamela!

Lets talk about this again after Christmas ... what if all you get is a "Get well soon!" card ;)

So what did you answer to their Why question? Did they understand any of this, you think?

- Suzie

kimdl93
05-27-2015, 07:13 PM
The great thing about that 'why' is that you can make up you're own answer...what ever suits your mood at the time. I would attribute it to solar flares.

justmetoo
05-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Congratulations on bringing more people into your world! Hopefully any disturbances will be smoothed out over time.

Isabella Ross
05-27-2015, 09:42 PM
Pamela, I did the same within the last year and a half. Excellent reaction over the longer term, with some questions and concerns at first. Just seemed the right thing to do...I just couldn't stand being dishonest to the people who you are closest to me. And I don't think you can fully accept yourself if you live a lie to the most important people. Does that resonate?

Marcelle
05-28-2015, 03:38 AM
Hi Pamela,

Congrats on a good coming out. Christmas should be interesting.

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
05-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Well done Pamela... pleased for you and hopefully their disturbance is not too great or long lived... :)

Out of interest, when you say a 'face-to-face surprise', does that imply your coming out was simply appearing dressed to them? I'm curious as to how you described yourself to help them understand more.. as in 'crossdresser', 'transgender', 'genderqueer' etc. Curious... :thinking:

Katey x

pamela7
05-28-2015, 09:06 AM
Katey & Suzie: yes, appearing dressed, explaining "no, not TG, but CD" in essence.

They commented I'd not exactly revealed a fem side (to them), so perhaps this explained that to them - roughly their words. Guess it means I've mostly been a "man's man" in my work, sport, play from external perceptions. I would not say there was time for "understanding" but acceptance as "whatever goes" is more than good enough having read enough posts here.

Actually, one thing they pushed on that I chose not to reveal - my alter-ego - didn't really want them prying around here!

Isabella: I'd not say I was being dishonest before, but I will say I felt no point in hiding, so skirt+blouse it was. It was my first face-to-face since I realised I was CD anyway, so I took my first chance.

Ivy
05-28-2015, 02:05 PM
Everyone reacts differently. With time and love all will be understood.

Beverley Sims
05-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Another giant step for you, climbing the mountain can be hazardous.

Do watch out for the occasional landslide. :)

pamela7
05-30-2015, 12:35 PM
yes, via mum seems my bro is unsettled by this, does not understand why, yet won't ask me.