PDA

View Full Version : Laughing it off with my wife

Cassandra*
05-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Recently I came out to my wife and she's been one lining me with jokes. For the past two days we have become more physical sexually and loving it. I'm enjoying be me for once. I haven't dressed in front of her yet but it's coming. Went shopping at TJ's yesterday and when I got home the joke was did you buy me something? Nope it's all about me baby.I explained when it's time we can go together. It's really seems to be her coping method. Has any one had this experience?

KimBarely
05-27-2015, 09:10 PM
YES! I kind of had the same situation about 5 min ago. Been out to wife for a little over a month now.

She just got back from an overnight out of town for work and I had a VERY stressful day today. We've got some contractors out doing work on the house and it's just not been going as smoothly as I like. I mentioned I didn't even have time to underdress and she said, "Bless your heart, you didn't get undies even?!? What you needed was a dress! Sorry you had a hard day."

Damn, she's a great woman. My best friend.

AllieSF
05-27-2015, 09:16 PM
It sounds good for you and I agree it probably is her way of coping and maybe getting her head around all of it. Good luck and don't take anything for granted. Now is the time to build up those brownie points for those future down days.

Cassandra*
05-27-2015, 09:29 PM
My wife was interested in cd's when she went to a vegas show years before we met. I had to bring that up as a joke back. Sooo you like pretty boys do you well you married one and now you can play dress up. She literally fell off the bed laughing. Fortunately we have a great relationship and personalities. I had gotten some proactive mask in my eyes when rinsing and they were burning pretty bad. I tried saline solution and no luck. Wife shouts out laughing you need natural tears pretend your favorite dress ripped that should make you cry. We laughed for about half an our.

kimdl93
05-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Seems like a much better way to accommodate and cope than many that have been reported here. When my wife and I had our crisis...maybe too strong a word for it...15 months ago (she's known for years) part of the resolution was found in the humor of our 'inside joke'.

KimBarely
05-27-2015, 10:48 PM
Laughter is the best stress relief. Considering that much of my dressing is triggered by desire to relieve stress, sharing a laugh with my wife about this situation that would have been unimaginable just a month ago, even a bit of loving teasing is just a huge burden lifter.

It helps me not get my panties in a twist. Hahahaha! See my point?!?

I feel very fortunate.

P.S. Before she fell asleep tonight she told me that I should order more of the new panties I like. She wanted to make sure I was happy and had what I needed. Again, I feel very fortunate. Xo CarrieBeth.

Marcelle
05-28-2015, 03:42 AM
Hi Jarrodine,

It is likely a coping mechanism to help your wife deal and acclimate to this new revelation. Keep communicating and things should progress at a nice even keel. If she stops joking around about it, don't take it as a sign she no longer accepts, it might be it has just normalized for her.

Hugs

Isha

mike34
05-28-2015, 04:50 AM
Hi ive just started crossdressing tge last couple of mouths. Im getting married in sept to the girl that if been with for 8 years we have a son i dont no wether to tell her and risk losing them both.i dont know if this is a faze or its for long term. I really like dressing up what do i do???

Meghan4now
05-28-2015, 07:31 AM
Isha has a good point. Joking can be a coping mechanism. Usually a better mechanism than anger. My wife will make a gentle joke every now and then. But she also has said in the past that joking is one way she deals with something she is uncomfortable with.

Not that your situation is the same, but something to think about.

Amy Lynn3
05-28-2015, 07:46 AM
To Mike above. Ask yourself.....would it be better to tell now, knowing she may leave or wait until after you are married and tell, knowing she may leave ?

To Jarodine: I think you have a great companion and if she can deal with living with a crossdress, you have won the Jackpot.:)

JayeLefaye
05-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Very good responses. Open communication really is the key, long-term, but it's always good to have a smile sometimes interrupt our seriousness. It seems that everything is a "coping mechanism" when it comes to this thing we do.

I spent most of last Sunday in a cute skirt, and in the evening, as we were sitting out on the back deck swing, my wife just couldn't keep her hand off my thigh, inching up and down. At one point she smiled and half-seriously asked: Does this make me a closet lesbian? To which I answered: Depends on what you're hoping to find up there.

Jaye

Stephanie47
05-28-2015, 09:04 AM
I've been in a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" marriage. The last time my wife said something to me concerning cross dressing was literally over thirty years ago. Heck, I'd love to get a joke out of her. I agree your wife may be using it as a coping mechanism. Sometimes a sit down serious conversation with a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may be better than 'joking' about the 'big elephant in the room.'

Jaylyn
05-28-2015, 09:29 AM
As the doctors have always said Laughter is the best medicine. I think that her laughing and joking is really her way of coping with your dressing. At least laughing is way better than crying and saying no no no.

mykell
05-28-2015, 09:30 AM
hi,
laughter is the best medicine, glad that things are going well. must feel good enjoying yourself....
our way of coping is opposite i think, she makes a comment and i offer the sarcastic or humorous remarks, at this time any conversation is all good for myself...better than none at all....

mike....start your own thread.....possibly in loved ones section, it will help you get more posts and the info you seek....

Cassandra*
05-28-2015, 02:29 PM
Our great creator made us who we are and that's what makes the world go round. When we laugh we smile when we smile others smile and so on. It's completely contagious. My wife and I are always looking at each other and commenting on different views and subjects. I'm very lucky to have a beautiful wife and daughter that appreciates me for me. They know who to count on and that brings a smile to my face. Knock knock who's there? Me coming out that was my last joke I told my wife. Her reply was oh your out alright laughingly. Hope every one has a great day, I brought one of my new skirts and blouses to work for the ride home I know I will.

Beverley Sims
05-29-2015, 11:43 PM
I have had that experience, it lasts for a while....... Until the novelty wears off.

Yes it is good but don't push it or argue when negative comments creep in.

Shrug them off and steer a slightly different course for a while.

Enjoy it while you can.

Ellie52
05-30-2015, 07:03 AM
Totally agree with Bev
My wife is very accepting as she realizes its part of me, 'but' and its a big BUT watch the mood changes. Be very aware of any change in mood. As CDers we are VERY selfish and continually push the boundaries. We're like kid's working in a sweet shop - very tempting to try everything, with the owners consent. Just make sure you dont spoil the experience by over doing it.
Tolerance is great but its a two way street. As mentioned in a great movie 'Excalibur' 'She has given, Now you must'.
Enjoy the freedom you have, but watch the moods.......

Ellie