PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear about kissing your elbow

Ivy
05-28-2015, 04:41 PM
This may offend some, but this is my story.

My father was a great story teller. He once told me that when he was young, if you kissed your elbow that you would change sex. He swore that he started life as a girl. Then he kissed his elbow and became a boy. He said he was happier that way so he never tried to kiss it again.

I spent years trying to figure out how to kiss my elbow. Short of dislocating or breaking my arm, I have never physically kissed my elbow.

I leave it to your comments.

AllieSF
05-28-2015, 04:47 PM
"I spent years trying to figure out how to kiss my elbow. Short of dislocating or breaking my arm, I have never physically kissed my elbow."

And that is why your father told you that story. I bet he has a big smile on his face after reading your post!

Ivy
05-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Sadly no. I was always different, and he knew that to a point. In the end I will never know, he passed on before I was honest with myself.

My sisters and I worked so hard to kiss our elbows that night.

gailbridges
05-28-2015, 05:10 PM
I had never heard that kind of story.
As a teen I probably would have dislocated something too.

AllieSF
05-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Another one is trying to find an English word that rhymes with "orange".

Cindia
05-28-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't remember where I heard it, but I just heard it as if you kiss your elbow you'll turn into a girl. Of course I tried many times.

Marcelle
05-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Sorry never heard that one. My grandmother did tell me that I shouldn't put anything in my ear . . . except my elbow :confused: . . . grandmothers . . . always something odd to say when you are little.

Thanks for sharing . . . funny story :)

Hugs

Isha

Kristy 56
05-28-2015, 06:18 PM
Never heard of that either. I just tried it too without success! :)

NancyJ
05-28-2015, 07:24 PM
I am currently reading "My Brother/My Sister by Molly Haskell ( which I would highly reccomend). This myth is mentioned in the book as Ellen (formerly John) was also told this and tried repeatedly to make this magic work. BTW, the book is a well-written, well-researched, and empathetic story of transition late in life and the impact on her. Nancy

Jilmac
05-28-2015, 09:35 PM
I tried kissing another part of my anatomy but that didn't work either

Sandie70
05-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Ummmm... I wonder how to explain to my orthopedist why I want him to dislocate my shoulder on purpose.

Ineke Vashon
05-28-2015, 09:45 PM
What if you kissed your friends elbow???

Ineke

Dianne S
05-28-2015, 09:46 PM
There's a children's book called Marvin Redpost - Is he a Girl? (https://books.google.ca/books/about/Marvin_Redpost_3_Is_He_a_Girl.html?id=WiJ9n9J0VOIC&hl=en) that incorporates this into its plot. My daughter read it when she was young and quite liked it. It was actually a fairly decent book, trying to teach boys that girls aren't "yucky" and vice-versa.

Rhonda Jean
05-29-2015, 12:09 AM
Oh yes! My mom and sister used to tell me if I kissed my elbow I'd turn into a girl. I, too, about dislocated my shoulder. I finally just told them I did it!

Sandie70
05-29-2015, 01:19 AM
I'm singing to the Katy Perry song... "I kissed my elbow and I liked it!"

Hell on Heels
05-29-2015, 01:46 AM
Hell-o Ivy,
Seems there's an worldwide epidemic going on,
All around the world, transgender people are showing up
at their local emergency rooms with dislocated elbows!
Most of them have lipstick kiss looking marks on their elbows.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Dianne S
05-29-2015, 06:29 AM
OK, this is off-topic but mentioning Katy Perry reminded me of a parody my daughter's friend sings:

"I kicked a squirrel and I liked it..."

alwayshave
05-29-2015, 07:25 AM
OK, I may be a physiological oddity, but I can kiss my elbow. However, upon doing so, my gender was the same.

Rhonda Darling
05-29-2015, 07:30 AM
We used to call that "being gullible", but that was before they took "gullible" out of all the dictionaries.

Rhonda

Bobbi46
05-29-2015, 07:34 AM
I just tried it and got within an inch of my elbow! dislocation will follow!!

Persephone
05-29-2015, 02:07 PM
I remember a girl telling me that. Like everyone else, I almost dislocated my elbow!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tracy Hazel Lee
05-29-2015, 03:35 PM
LOL... How many people, who never heard the phrase, immediately tried doing it?

Wouldn't dislocating you shoulder be more applicable? At least then you might be able to move you elbow closer to your face. :)

But no.... never heard of that.

Jodi
05-29-2015, 06:41 PM
When I was young, I had an uncle that was known thruout the family for his story telling. I can remember him keeping me captivated for several hours (I was about 8 years old) telling me all about snipe hunting. I learned everything there is to know about the proper way to track them, freeze them in place with as flashlight, how to place the bag and how to chase them into the bag with the right snipe stick. I left that conversation set on going out snipe hunting the next night.

Has anyone else here gone out snipe hunting?

I'm sure we all have family members that enjoy yanking someone's chain.

Jodi