PDA

View Full Version : What attracted your SO to you?

Kimberley
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
This should be revealing particularly if the GG's get involved. All of us have feminine qualities. I have long held the belief that our SO's are (after the initial physical attraction) attracted to us because of our feminine attributes.

My SO was initially attracted by my calm and uncompetitive nature.

BrendaB GG
02-06-2006, 12:33 AM
I guess for me I have to agree.
Tori was so far removed from the other men that I dated that I just had to be with him. He loved to come shopping with me and would follow me around the stores for hours on end, always completely interested in all that I was doing, so funny to think of it now! Loved to watch chick flicks with me, didn't care for sports, knew just what to do with a girl in bed, unlike most men out there. Never looked masculine either. Yup, I married a woman! :D :D
Brenda

Bernadina
02-06-2006, 12:45 AM
I have absolutely no idea. Its just a thought but maybe I should ask her.

TGMarla
02-06-2006, 01:12 AM
It was my magnetic personality.

RuthChambers
02-06-2006, 10:11 AM
She said I was different to all the other lads :angel:

Sharon
02-06-2006, 10:30 AM
I always assumed it was my rugged and chiseled Marlboro Man looks. :)

No, I've been told I'm basically a pretty good person -- sensitive, attentive, compassionate, and all that type of BS.

I just wanted to be studly..., well, until a few years ago, anyway.;)

jenny c
02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Not a clue really but it was love at first sight on both parts 14 years ago.

Stormgirl
02-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I am unattractive :rolleyes:

insearchofme
02-06-2006, 11:03 AM
My wife has told me it was my smile, sense of humor and my big arms. Well two out of three ain't bad.

BethGG
02-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Hmmm....well, we worked together first, and I just started getting a crush on him as we started talking more and cause he's SEXY :o I love his personality.... So yeah...personality and looks. As far as "feminine qualities" I don't tend to go out with overly manly guys anyway.

Cheery GG
02-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I guess for me I have to agree.
Tori was so far removed from the other men that I dated that I just had to be with him. He loved to come shopping with me and would follow me around the stores for hours on end, always completely interested in all that I was doing, so funny to think of it now! Loved to watch chick flicks with me, didn't care for sports, knew just what to do with a girl in bed, unlike most men out there. Never looked masculine either. Yup, I married a woman! :D :D
Brenda

brenda i have to agree with everything you said and more...but just in case Lisa reads this i wont go into anymore details.....shes struggling to get through the door as it is....dont want her getting anymore big headed....i sometimes feel i am with a woman and not a man. In fact i look at these blokey blokes, all manly and macho and think they gotta impress the ladies by their stupid one liners....i mean really !!!!!!!!!!

cheery
xx

Wendy me
02-06-2006, 01:04 PM
you ever get that warm fuzzy feeling when you meet somone?? i did and still feel that way it was over twenty something years ago.. i just knew that we were ment to be together....

Kimberley
02-06-2006, 01:22 PM
I have to agree with you ladies BrendaB's comments were pretty much on the mark with mine and my SO's relationship (at least at first.)

I was never any good at one liners, thought they were dumb to begin with. That, combined with being introverted, meeting GG's wasnt easy. It usually occured around social situations and then it seemed most were interested in a friend not a relationship so I had plenty of girlfriends but no "girlfriends". It is still that way today despite a marriage that is well... let's just say not strong.

Toyah
02-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Stuffed if I know !!!!!

Imogen_Mann
02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
What attracted my (ex) SO ? My ability to hold a civilsed intelligent conversation, an ability lacking in many of her other friends and totally absent within her close family.

XX

Jayme.

daniellalee
02-06-2006, 02:32 PM
I think it is the god Pluto or Hades that pull women to me. I'm a Scorpio, enough said. We are the rulers of sexual disire, JK lol. but really, She said that she always thought i was cute. We had known each other for awhile before dating. I think after the initial physical attraction, she became attracted to my honesty and complete lack of shame. Which of course is just a facade. i have alot of things i'm ashamed of but there is no sense in dwelling on what can't be changed. I do not wear my shame on the outside. I always seem to give the impression of being cold and unyielding. I always fight for what i believe. I'm very confrontational and defensive. It comes from having to hear so much BS from all the idiots that live near me. Most people think that i'm haughty and stuck up. I guess that attracts alot of people. It's really just a sheild of protection because on the inside i'm soft and sweet.

mellisa's wife
02-06-2006, 02:42 PM
What attracted him to me.... beside the fact that I thought he was hot... I fell for his dry sense of humor , his honesty,and his vulnerability. If he reads this, it won't be a surprised.

One of the qualities gets under my skin lately, but I knew that going in. It was love at first sight ( kinda of... it took till the middle of our second meeting). Just love the guy .. no matter what!
:c9: most of the time but..... :kickbutt: on occasion.

sokimberly
02-06-2006, 03:15 PM
It's a really interesting question for me. I'm still unmarried but have had some amasing relationships. It seems the intial attraction (I think) is a combination of two things. On a high self esteem day I would call it the warrior/poet in me. The warrior is the side that likes being a man, having dreams and pursing them, damn the fear. In the movie Tin Cup, Renee Russo falls for Kevin Costners' character because "he's a man that goes for it". I like being the hero, the strong one. Lean on me girl, I will hold you up. The poetic side is the intuitve, sensitive "feminine side. The one that really listens. The side that wants to be held up sometimes.
I'm finding that the women I'm generally attracted to see both those sides and are intially intrigued by it. At first it seems like the best of both worlds, a guy who can be a man "my hero" and will listen to her and notice how cute she looks in those new square toed heels with the little strap. But as time marches on, she discovers that sensitive side actually has needs. That I need to be thought of and cherished. That I might actually be hurt buy some stupid thing she said. And well, you know the rest of the story, the bloom is off the rose. They might be thinkinking, "I'll just go back to being with a stupid macho man, it's less confusing at least." Oh well, the search continues...
I have, over the last year of self imposed monkdom actually come up with a solution (I think) to the above dilema if anyone is interested.

kathy gg
02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Although I think it is common knowledge on here that I was looking for a cd to date when I was single....I was looking for a very special person. There are alot of cute and attractive cd's and I certainly met many......but what ultimatly attracted me to Amanda and kept {and keeps} me coming back for more is how grounded and responsible and loving he is. My sweety has this honesty about himself and this inner stength. He has drive and focus and from the first time I met him I knew that this is the kind of person who not only says what he means, but follows it up with actions and a written guarantee. When he tells me something it is not a whim. I knew when I heard "I love you" that this was the real deal. Hard not to fall and give your heart when you know it will be handled with care, respect, and love.

When we were just starting to get to know each other via email...I thought "oh boy, another long distance guy" {I was in Texas, him in canada} . Because I had talked to so many who made promises about coming to visit me or saying how they would invite me to meet them. This rarely if ever happened. There was just something about his voice that made me feel in my heart I could believe the promises I was told. And of course every promise he ever made me he has kept.

Of course I dont want to not mention the fact that I think he is the cutest guy I have ever been with in my entire life. As a boy or girl, he is so beautiful to me.

Anyway, I think this magical combination made me fall in love with him and this January 31st marks that first fateful email that I sent him. So:<3: :twirl: glad he responded back to me....