PDA

View Full Version : What happens in women's restrooms, stays in women's restrooms...maybe...

Leslie Langford
05-31-2015, 08:16 PM
I know that for many of the ladies here, the thought of using the women's restroom when out en femme is an anxiety-inducing experience as it represents a journey into "Terra incognito" - typically, that region near the end of the world where ancient map-makers used to add the warning "Here be dragons". ;)

I am not one of these, having used women's restrooms on numerous occasions to fix my wig, my makeup, and - occasionally - do my "business" in the prescribed "feet forward/sitting position" so as not to attract undue attention. So far, this has worked out fine for me, the intimidation factor is long gone, I've often been surrounded by gaggles of GG's in there, and have never experienced a negative comment or even an odd look. Then again, I am fortunate enough to live in a jurisdiction where anti-discrimination legislation allows me the right to use the restroom congruent with my gender identity/presentation. Which brings me to my point...

What is is about GG's that makes going to public restrooms a team activity and a social event? It seems that every time I go, it's like there's a party going on in there - especially among the younger set. Laughing, giggling, gossiping, texting...you name it. But yesterday was a new one for me, and I had my first real "WTF" moment as I was focusing on fixing my wig in one of them (I had just entered a large regional mall on an extremely windy day).

"Selfies" in a public restroom??? :eek: Who the H*ll takes selfies in a public restroom? :eek: Teenage GG's, that's who... :doh:

Yes, as I was combing the tangles out my wig, I noticed a group of 3 teenage GG's close by animatedly laughing, giggling, and generally carrying on. I soon overheard them talking about taking some selfies to mark the occasion (?) and how awesome that would be, and the next thing I knew, they were positioning themselves in front of a nearby full length mirror and assuming various poses to do just that.

Ah, the exuberance of youth unfettered by normal boundaries, with the whole world at their disposal through the courtesy of photo-sharing social media! I can only hope that this aging CDer wasn't accidentally "photo-bombed" in the course of this orgy of narcissism and that her face doesn't appear somewhere in the background of all those shared photos. If so, I guess the joke's more on them than it is on me...:devil:

See, and all you thought you had to worry about when using the women's restrooms was being accosted by irate GG's with the transphobic gender police in tow? Ironic, isn't it, that women's restrooms can be just as "unsafe" from their own tribe as they can be for CDers just minding their own business in there...:eek:

Ineke Vashon
05-31-2015, 10:09 PM
....do my "business" in the prescribed "feet forward/sitting position" so as not to attract undue attention.

Never thought about it until you mentioned it. Due to the normal effects of aging my flow has been reduced to a leisurely dribble and because of that I've been sitting down for a good number of years. Feet forward. Good deal - I got that part down pat. Now I have to find the courage and assistance to leave the closet.

Ineke

Bria
05-31-2015, 10:14 PM
I know about the aging flow and also sit, feet forward these days!

Hugs, Bria

I Am Paula
06-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Sitting, feet backwards would be difficult.
I've not seen girls take selfies in there, but they do just keep on talking as they do their business. Are they so self involved that they have to continue their phone conversation while peeing?

Rhonda Darling
06-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Paula. In answer to your question about being self absorbed: YES!

michelleddg
06-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Leslie Leslie Leslie. You passed up the opportunity to photo bomb the sweet young things in the women's restroom? Disappointed! Hugs, Michelle

Princess Chantal
06-01-2015, 08:34 AM
But yesterday was a new one for me, and I had my first real "WTF" moment as I was focusing on fixing my wig in one of them (I had just entered a large regional mall on an extremely windy day).

"Selfies" in a public restroom??? :eek: Who the H*ll takes selfies in a public restroom? :eek: Teenage GG's, that's who... :doh:

I have seen people within the transgender spectrum do it as well, even before the popular facebook postings in protest of the washroom bill.

Victoria StJohn
06-01-2015, 09:36 AM
I know about the aging flow and also sit, feet forward these days!
Hugs, Bria

Wow, another club member.:D

Claire Cook
06-01-2015, 09:56 AM
What is is about GG's that makes going to public restrooms a team activity and a social event? It seems that every time I go, it's like there's a party going on in there - especially among the younger set.

Hi Leslie,

Well, teenagers will be teenagers, especially when several of them makes a group stop. Self-absorbed, yes. (But, then, we can be too.) You are right -- the atmosphere in a ladies' room is much more social than in a men's room -- and it's maybe strange that I feel at ease there and one of the crowd. But we need to be prepared for the unexpected , as in ladies in various stages of undress. (I have, and you have to be, umm, cool about that.)

I always chalk these things up as learning experiences. (the overheard conversations can be interesting....:battingeyelashes:

Hugs,

Claire

Stephanie47
06-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Having a teenage granddaughter I'd say it's great that several teenagers actually made it off their couches and stopped texting the person sitting next to them. I don't go into women's restrooms, but, I've seen women of all ages get up from a restaurant table and head en mass to the facilities. Do they all have super small bladders?

flatlander_48
06-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Do they all have super small bladders?

Shapewear will do that to you...

What happens in women's restrooms, stays in women's restrooms...
Well, that is the purpose of a toilet, is it not so?

DeeAnn

Beverley Sims
06-02-2015, 07:37 AM
I think a confrontation with teenage girls is akin to shock therapy