PDA

View Full Version : Raised eyebrows....

Emma_Forbes
02-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi Girls,

I have just got back from the gym and whilst I was there was chatting to an elderly gent who was getting dressed as I was getting undressed. I then noticed that before he put his sock on he put on a flesh coloured knee-high! I was a little surprised to say the least. Presumably it is for some medical reason - I should have asked, coward me!

Do you think I could put on a lace topped stocking?:cheeky:

Emma

Lindahexi
02-06-2006, 10:58 AM
They were probably for varicose veins or to prevent DVT, there again perhaps he likes wearing them. Emma if you want to wear lace topped stockings, I say go for it girl.

SherriePall
02-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Ditto for the varicose veins. I have had problems with an ulcer around my right ankle. That's an open wound for all of us not medically inclined. I had it treated several times. The one time it healed a nurse told me to put on a pair of kneehighs before my socks because it was easier to put them on that way and it would not aggravate the wound again. Loved it!

Katrina
02-06-2006, 07:41 PM
My grandfather used to wear what looked like knee highs for bad circulation in his legs.

Sarah Smile
02-07-2006, 02:29 AM
I saw an older man wearing beige pantyhose (light support, maybe) with shorts once. I didn't get up the nerve to say anything, though. :/