PDA

View Full Version : Stepping back to think and reflect

Michelle Deere
06-07-2015, 11:43 AM
Over the last few months, I have been jogging along, head in the clouds, immersed in my own thoughts, only to have run headlong into an obstacle I should have seen coming.
This has forced me to STOP, take a few steps backward to look at what is in my way and also to reflect on what I was doing, where I was going and how I was getting there.
Now I could just ignore the fact there is an obstruction and run straight through it, but this action would cause curtain harm to both myself and others. Best to study the problem and figure out a less drastic course of action on how to overcome this blockade. Maybe talk to others on how to maneuver around or through this “mine field”, or even co-operate with others to figure out the solution.
Once around this difficult section of the path, I will slow down. I have not been observant of what has been going on around me or even considered the destination I was running to. With a slower pace, it will be easier to stop and smell the roses along the way, being careful not to be too hasty and grab the stem for fear of being pricked and hurt. It will also allow time to consider options when approaching a fork in the road; no snap decision to be made. Look down the different paths to see what you might see. Oh, there will be some regrets after taking one route over the other, but there will always be something to see or do, no matter which path one decides to follow.
For me personally, I don’t really have a definitive destination, I would rather just enjoy the journey, but have to work at making it as smoother ride as possible.

M.

cheryl reeves
06-07-2015, 05:25 PM
i do that myself time to time,for taking a step back helps at times when the dedtination is not in sight. i ask myself why all the time and thats after i boarded the train to the next stop. ive been a pretty good actor at being male,except never being comfortable around other males,always felt out of place and males always get a bad case of stupid and think im easy pickings,that is til they find out that was a bad idea. but life is what it is we can either hide or fight for our place in it.

Dawn cd
06-07-2015, 07:43 PM
This is mostly allegory. Do you want to tell us what really happened?

kimdl93
06-07-2015, 09:01 PM
My experience has been that I've invariably regretted impulsive actions and, conversely, things tend to turn out well when I think them through and act deliberately.

There is only one destination, and you won't be here once you've reached it. So, enjoy your long, slow walk towards the inevitable.

Rachelakld
06-08-2015, 03:20 AM
Dam,
I'm a bull in a china shop, impulsive and reckless living on the edge.
I was not gifted with patience, never looked back unless someone hits me hard from behind

Maybe because I'm at one with the universe, life is and always has been fun for me.