PDA

View Full Version : Professional Makeovers

Nikki700
02-06-2006, 01:11 PM
What experiences have people have with professional makeovers?

Nikki700

Carlacd
02-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Mine that i just had in January was the most awesome experience that i have ever had. The Lady that did mine was so cool. Mine was done at the Glamour Boutique in Las Vegas. I highly recommend them.

Tina Dixon
02-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Just had my second one done this weekend, its a learning exprerance, it has changed my look big time, do it.

tifftg
02-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Went to a wonderful lady in Chicago for my first makeover and my first real time out of the closet. Janna's Place in Chicago. Very discrete and private. This was my 50th birthday gift to myself. Wish I would have done it 30 years earlier.

Tiff

michellecd9999
02-06-2006, 03:12 PM
I had my first about a year and a half ago with Phoebe Cross in the Atlanta GA area. Then last Oct. I had another one with Arah as Phoebe was not available. I loved both for different reasons. Some pics are on my yahoo profile at michellecd9999@yahoo.com
If you are in the Atlanta area I would recommend either
Their web sites are:
http://www.phoebecross.com/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/arahminah (arah's ahoo profile)
http://arahminah.no-ip.biz/ (he web site)

Girly Sara
02-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi ya Nikki,

All my makeovers are professionally done here in London and although they cost quite a bit, it's well worth the expense. I've yet to learn to do my own but i'd always feel inadequate that mine wouldn't match the professionalism of other's work.

Hugs from Sara xxxx

DanaJ
02-06-2006, 05:44 PM
I've had more than I can count almost :D All have been good, some have been fantastic! What sort of specific experiences are you looking for?

Amanda Harriman
02-06-2006, 05:47 PM
I called a small glamour studio to see if they would take a crossdresser, do the makeup and take the pictures. The girl on the phone was very friendly and seemed a little suprised. "you have such a masculine voice," she said. After making the appointment, she told me to bring some favorite outfits and wigs with me. The appointment was for a month later- a long anticipating month.

When the big day finally came, I gathered my clothes together, gave them a good ironing, and put them on hangers. I walked into the studio and was greeted by a very pretty blonde girl. She took my clothes and directed me into a changing room. In the room I took off my t-shirt and put on this tube top that was used for the makeup portion of the session.

After I got changed, I headed to the chair. I sat infront of a mirrored wall lined with brushes and makeup stands. She immediately started her work and made small talk all the time. She asked if I go out often, how I do my makeup when I do it myself, and what my favorite brand of makeup was. The process seemed to take a long time just to get started. She got to one point where she told me to close my eyes and keep them shut so that she could put on liquid eyeliner. After the eyeliner I had to keep my eyes shut until it dried. While waiting, I suddenly felt a brush across my lips- she started the lipstick. I was terrific to have my eyes shut and feel her painting my lips. When I finally opened my eyes, the makeup was done. After the makeup, she worked on styling my wig and then she sent me to change.

I put on my bra and stuffed it with water balloons. I don't remember exactly which bra I wore, but it was at least a 40G. For my first outfit, I chose a red satin blouse, black knee length skirt and black pumps. While walking over to the photo room they fed me compliments and commented about the nice shoes. We spent about 10 minutes posing and taking pictures. It was quite a learning experience to see how modeling poses really were. The poses are quite unnatural but they look good in pictures.

After the first set, I changed into an off-white satin top and they changed my wig into an up do. It wasn't a bad look! More pictures and poses. They told me things like "arch your back" and "stick out your chest, it's all about the boobs." And if you look at the pictures, you'll see that they are right! They took some of the best boob shots I've done.

After the shoot, we went into a previewing room and I chose the pictures I wanted to have printed. It was really nice just sitting there with them in the darkened room still in complete drag. The whole experience took close to 3 1/2 hours and was well worth the money for the day.

That was over two years ago and I'm now eagerly awaiting my next one which will be in two weeks!

Vivian_Anne_1
02-06-2006, 07:43 PM
Amanda, by any chance was your professional makeover done by Karen from Femmefever?

Jacqui
02-06-2006, 08:00 PM
Nikki, I had my first and only with Karen at Femme Fever in Wantagh, Long Island (NY). I would describe it as an outer-body experience.
I can't wait till the stars are aligned so that I can do it again.

Jacqui

Amanda Harriman
02-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Amanda, by any chance was your professional makeover done by Karen from Femmefever?
No, my makeover was done at a glamour studio. But I imagine that they all have a similar way of operating.

Nikki700
02-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Nikki, I had my first and only with Karen at Femme Fever in Wantagh, Long Island (NY). I would describe it as an outer-body experience.
I can't wait till the stars are aligned so that I can do it again.

Jacqui
Hi Jacqui, What did you wear at your makeover and any photos of the experience?

Nikki700

Nikki700
02-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi ya Nikki,

All my makeovers are professionally done here in London and although they cost quite a bit, it's well worth the expense. I've yet to learn to do my own but i'd always feel inadequate that mine wouldn't match the professionalism of other's work.

Hugs from Sara xxxx
Hi Girly Sarah, Wher did you go and what did you wear on that ocassion?

Nikki700

Jacqui
02-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Hi Jacqui, What did you wear at your makeover and any photos of the experience?

Nikki700

Hi, Nikki,
Femmefever caters mainly to CD's/TG/TS as opposed to some of the other salons that the girls here use which may be primarily for GG's.

I had nothing of my own except panties. Karen supplied everything else from pantyhose, bra, breast forms (1st time for me!) and a wardrobe of skirts, dresses, blouses, shoes, and wigs. I was a little overwhelmed, having no real femme clothing of my own. We settled on picking out a business outfit as this was my first time out and I didn't want to jump into the sexy tramp look (save that for next time.)

The 2 inch heels that she sized for me were the first that I've ever worn (wife has size 5!) and they fit like a glove, although I could barely walk in them. I felt like I did the first time I went ice skating..

After the makeup, we did do about a 1/2 hr photo shoot and took about 20 shots. Having never posed in the presence of anyone but my own mirror, I felt like a "deer in the headlights" and I thought that most of the shots expressed that. So I deleted all but one of them and if you'd like to see it, pls pm me and I'll send it to you.

Overall, though, Karen made me feel about as comfortable as humanly possible, given my anxiety and paranoia at the time. She also gave me a list of the makeup she used, how she applied it and what sizes I wore.

I would go back in a minute, but this time, I'd be a little more relaxed and would be curious as to how 'Jacqui' would react.

Jacqui