PDA

View Full Version : Summer hiatus

Stephanie47
06-09-2015, 02:30 PM
I am fortunate to be retired and have a wife who is still working. Monday through Friday I have the opportunity to be en femme for seven hours daily. Now the down side. My wife is a teacher. Sigh! Summer vacation. School will be out Friday, which is a half day. So, Thursday is my last day to be Stephanie for ten weeks. I will be looking forward to the first Wednesday after Labor Day. I wish I had an accepting and supportive wife, but, life is what it is. I have a lot of sleeveless summer dresses that will have to wait until September.

Are there any others on this forum in this same position?

One thing I iintend to do during the summer....get rid of that farmer's tan. Time to buy some sleeveless tee shirts and get rid of those northern European white shoulders.

Barbara Black
06-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Stephanie: No teachers here, but while we babysit the granddaughter, no dressing is allowed by my daughter, and with support by my wife of course. So my dressing is limited to late evenings (but having to do it in front of my wife), and weekends, where I try to dress as much as possible, but still prefer not to wear dresses in front of my wife. I'm not sure what difference it makes between skirts with a blouse, or a dress, but I'm just not comfortable wearing dresses in front of her. It sucks doesn't it?

debbeelee1
06-09-2015, 03:41 PM
I'm lucky; I have a very supportive and encouraging wife, but I cut back on my crossdressing in the summertime; just too hot for wigs and all of the layering!

mykell
06-09-2015, 03:48 PM
im sure their are many here in that situation, myself included, son will be out of school soon....just as well since i dont do too well in the summer heat....

Stephanie A
06-09-2015, 04:05 PM
Yeah summer is tough to dress as so many activities with many people who do not no about my cd, so I just put it on a back burner a lot more. Look for a day here and there. Also when my wife is gone I can dress around the house for awhile. It would be nice to lay around in a bikini or one piece swimsuit, but not easy to do only think about it. The rest of the year a lot easier for me, as can dress part way and go out. On well such is life.

Jorja
06-09-2015, 04:11 PM
See you in ten weeks, Stephanie. In the mean time, enjoy the time with your wife. Live a little and go see a part of the world you have never seen together.

kimdl93
06-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Really great advice, Jorja! Or as der Bingle might have crooned ' accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, and watch out for Mr In-between

justmetoo
06-09-2015, 07:26 PM
I tend to hibernate in the Summer, because it gets too hot here for wig, forms and makeup (though I do still wear some light items, at home only, during this season). So you could say I will likely be on hiatus, too, but for different reasons. I agree with Jorja as well.

Stephanie47
06-10-2015, 10:56 AM
I really pity all of you who live in the warm and humid areas of the country. I grew up in NYC. The family apartment was on the top floor of the building. The ceiling of the apartment was the roof. I remember days when the overnight low OUTSIDE of the apartment was cooler than the temperature indoors. A humid over night low of 95 in the apartment was a killer. There were times my family left me alone for the weekend while they went upstate New York. Being en femme as a teenager in that heat was awful. I sweated profusely. Now, out in western Washington the heat is moderate by east coast standards and at night you usually need a light cover. Yesterday it was in the low 80's but at night dipped into the 50's. No sweating.

Yes, Jorga, summer is full of fun things, especially since our granddaughter does not required supervision, i.e, babysitting, anymore.

What I miss is the opportunity to wear those lovely sundresses. I figure what really attracts me to women's clothing is the vast array of colors of the clothing.

Dana44
06-10-2015, 11:26 AM
It is hot here in central Texas. We do picnics and go to the lake. But indoors, the air conditioning is okay and can dress. Yet in the evening it does get a lot better to go see a movie or something.

Adriana Moretti
06-10-2015, 09:00 PM
...what are you gunna do whe SHE retires.....?? food for thought.......

ChristinaK
06-11-2015, 01:19 PM
I feel your pain. Same deal with me, but this year I'll be out of town all summer. The down side is that I don't present near as well in summer clothes and a wig makes me sweat so much it takes the fun away. Can't wait for the cool fall months.

I shave my legs and really want to work up the courage to go out in a skirt or shorts. I tend to be chicken though. We'll see...

Katey888
06-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Chin up Stephanie... :hugs:

Not in the same position here, and not in the same sort of climate either as a lot of the US, but I know how you feel about opportunistic time... however, I do think Jorja's point is a good one regarding indulging in other things. I know it's not the same, but it does sometime force us to reconsider what balance and harmony is for us as individuals and partners... :thinking:

For me...?? Screw the family, I'm off to the golf course... ;)

(I'm KIDDING! :))

Katey x

OCCarly
06-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Summer is prime time for me. I only dress at home, and we have our own private swimming pool. My wife is fine with me dressing in front of her, thank god. I just need to be careful not to be seen by the neighbors, since the ones on one side are born again Christian, and the ones across the street are Jehova's witnesses.

Stephanie47
06-14-2015, 12:32 PM
...what are you gunna do whe SHE retires.....?? food for thought.......

That has crossed my mind. She says she is going to work part time, which means full time but less days per week, until age 70. So, I have about six years to postpone the issue. It's kicking the can down the road.

As to the summer hiatus my days are full with activities. It's relatively easy for me to weather the summer absence of femme time because I am able to look forward to September.

One of the things I have noticed with myself and others on this board is the stress that can arise when there is not adequate time for self expression. I pity those who do not have adequate time and are begging for crumbs of time to dress or underdress on the sly. That absence of time for self expression can really feed upon itself. When you know the summer is no more than delayed gratification, then it is relatively easy to get through. It's like life in general. As a bread winner father and husband, there has always been delayed gratification because of the expenses of raising a family and paying off a home.

Now, I just had to check the school district calendar for the 201-2016 year. First day of school is September 9th.