PDA

View Full Version : Good will / has anyone else done this it seem weird

Lexi Moralas
06-11-2015, 07:46 AM
Ok I am traveling alone , which would be a great time to dress , only it's impossible to get my stash out of its hiding place. I few times in the past. I hit the bargain stores and got what I needed to get buy for 50 or less. So It wast the end of the world when I had to donate them then next day of throw out in the case make up ect.
But this time I did not have the disposable cash to go this route. Now this is what feels odd , quite unexpectedly after taking a wrong turn I drove past a massively over flowing donation box it caught my eye. I stopped looks through a few bad saw a cute item or 2 so I threw a couple bags in the car took them back to the room and sorted through them there was actually a bunch of cute stuff in there ( even a couple. Ice pairs of heels , but they were size 6 , I'm a 9.5)
But still I had a fun night trying on everything and spent the night in a cute outfit.
A lot of this stuff I would love to keep.
But I can not so its all going back to the donation box this morning. I hope the next owner don't mind I borrowed there cloths lol
Is this weird ? Has any one else done anything like this.

Teresa
06-11-2015, 07:53 AM
Lexi,
I'm glad you took the stuff back otherwise you might have upset a few members !
I think it's a female trait coming out, women love to rummage through stuff at jumble sales making a great find is like finding the crown jewels !
My wife loves things from Ebay as much as new clothes from the high street, so do I given the chance !!!

Adriana Moretti
06-11-2015, 08:19 AM
that takes thrift shopping to a whole new level LOL.....You get first dibs that way I guess .......kudos for creativity...even though that may be illegal...im not quite sure

geek
06-11-2015, 08:29 AM
Lexi, good will has cameras pointed at the donation reception area... you are very lucky a patrol car wasn't notified and given your plate number and description.

NicoleScott
06-11-2015, 10:04 AM
You just need a better, more accessible hiding place for your own things.

Tracii G
06-11-2015, 10:36 AM
Nicole makes a good point.

Jenniferathome
06-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes, it's weird and gross. Those clothes have not been cleaned.

ReineD
06-11-2015, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry you had to go that route. Can you find a better hiding place?

I think it's a female trait coming out, women love to rummage through stuff at jumble sales making a great find is like finding the crown jewels !

No, it's not a female trait. Men like bargains too. And this is not what the OP was doing.

Sheila11
06-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Don't get caught. It is considered theft.

Teresa
06-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Reine, I fully understand what Lexi was doing, and why ! Maybe I was just avoiding admitting the strange attraction to a bundle of clothes, the thought of stealing doesn't come into it. You may or may not recall the roasting I received from members over admitting borrowing a leather skirt from my wife's niece without permission , I admitted it was wrong but not everyone understands the reasons behind it !

Alice Torn
06-11-2015, 07:26 PM
I used to have a few friends who loved to gather "at the drop"., to find things in the overflow of stuff left there. I changed the words of the 1950's song, "At the Hop", to "At the Drop." Lexi,I did something worse than borrowing from the goodwill drop. One time , doing work for a lady i knew for quite a while, she had gone for a few hours. I noticed dresses hanging in the master bathroom. Noticed a LBD, gave in, and tried it on!! After a few looks in the mirror, took it off, and changed back, and kept working! A real NO NO. If i had been caught, it would not have been the most pleasant of days. Very decent, and good of you to return the things.

TrishaTX
06-11-2015, 09:18 PM
Certainly not the worst thing I have ever heard of but bothering you all the same, because you posted it. I would find a good hiding place, I used to do a cheap storage closet before I came out to my wife...which is obviously best! But if you can't you need to solve for that. You should feel relaxed whiny are dressing and enjoy it.

Erica Marie
06-11-2015, 10:14 PM
It is wrong. I would consider it theft. The least you could do would be stop at a local Goodwill store and buy a few items. It is the price you must pay if you must sneak in a dressing session. For under $20 you could buy a few things and donate them back if you didnt want to try and sneak them back home.

Donnagirl
06-11-2015, 10:20 PM
Mmmmmm, it is theft.... Even without an 'intent to permenantly deprive' it would be a walk up start for even a probationary constable... Strongly recommend you cease and desist... Buy, try and re-donate. I'm sure it will make you feel better as well.

Stephanie A
06-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Yes it is a theft and as long as donate it all back ok. I find that there are wonderful bargains at thrift stores. I bought a skirt for $1.99 that was listed at $4.99, wow I thought what a deal. So prices are so low and fun to wander and shop. So do the right thing.

docrobbysherry
06-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Those who live in glass houses---. I'm NOT throwing any stones here, Lexi.

But, even I have my limits----:straightface:

Lexi Moralas
06-12-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the great advice girls.
It was very much an impulse thing , I hadn't even considered the theft angle ,
The stuff was just there in parking lot of an out of business Macy's. And drew me in. It was unexpected and I did feel weird about it. But on the bright side it rained like hell that night. So in the big picture maybe a saved them from being ruined , who knows. Well now I know better.
Thanks again girls
Xx Lexi

harmony
06-12-2015, 04:04 PM
i once drove by a mall parking lot with a donation box in a corner.inside it was a guy trying on clothes.no theft there yet?

Lorileah
06-12-2015, 04:30 PM
^^^ yes, as soon as it is put into the donation bin, it belongs to the thrift store. I would guess most consider the circumstance, allowing people who are, say, homeless a little latitude. However, people who go through for profit or if they really could afford to buy their own (later even @ the thrift store), they could and should prosecute .

If you take you should really give money and/time to the non-profit. Their donation stations are not you private playhouse

char GG
06-12-2015, 04:51 PM
If someone decides to press charges for theft, I doubt they will care about your story.

Teresa
06-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Maybe it's better someone gets the clothes than stupid kids setting the bins alight !
Some of our bins have had to be changed to stop people forcing young children through the slots to raid the bins !

Maria 60
06-13-2015, 05:07 AM
That's funny because a while back I was working and there was a donation box there that I never noticed, one morning I see this amazing looking women step out of her car and started unloading bags of cloths, I was walking into my work place and I thought I would be polite and help her, she thanked me and told me it was a shame to throw away that stuff specilly because most of them still had the store tags on them and never been worn. I sized her up and would have been a good fit for me. I remember thinking how to get a hold of those bags, but didn't do it, must have been some good things in there she looked very sharply dressed and looked like she had good taste. So your not alone, I guess if I didn't have anything to go home to I believe I would have been in that donation box after work. I am going off subject alittle but I have to tell you what happened a few years back. I got a service call to a warehouse, when I got there it was a place where they cut up cloths to make rags, I questioned some workers there if those cloths were from fake donation boxes and instead of going to the poor they are cut into rags and sold for money, most people didn't really say no but they did avoid the question, while I was walking around the cloth were separated by the fabric, I couldn't believe my eyes there was a pile of slips and silky items and after asking what they were going to do with those, the worker told me they throw those out because they can't be used for rags, I couldn't stop looking at all those slips, the lace all the different colours and design, I felt like grabbing them and running. What a shame everyone knows the connection with crossdressing and slips. What a shame especially how hard it is to find nice lacy slips these days.

I Am Paula
06-13-2015, 08:03 AM
Please pardon my candor. I think when one starts raiding Goodwill boxes this is a sign you have to re-evaluate your hobby. A friend dropped a joint in the urinal, and fished it out. He re-evaluated his hobbies.