PDA

View Full Version : I have come to the conclusion that people here are happier dressed as a woman!

chinabrown
06-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I was viewing some of the threads that had both a male mode photo and a female mode photo.

this is what stood out.

in the female photos there are smiles and joys signs but in the male photos there appears to be a void of joy.

RADER
06-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the forum;
Yes all here that cross dress in some way or another are happier dressed as not.
I know that I am a lot happier dressed, even though I do not go out of the house.
This is a happy place for sure.
Rader

Kiwi Primrose
06-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Dressing up makes me much more settled and it is getting into my stockings or pantyhose, skirt, blouse and heels that help me to relax in the evenings and weekends.
This is my happy time and when my wife and I are closest.

docrobbysherry
06-11-2015, 11:40 PM
Here's another revelation:

If every day was Halloween it mite not be so much fun. Just ask the TS girls here who dress as women daily as a matter of course.:straightface:

prene
06-11-2015, 11:44 PM
I love dressing.
Clothes are prettier, they look better and feel better.
Of course.

Jacqueline85
06-12-2015, 12:19 AM
When I dress, I become a different person. All the worries in my life, money, work, responsibilities belong to my male side. When I am dressed, I worry about whether my makeup is as good as can be, or if my hair is flying all over the place or other such superficial worries. I think that could definitely lead to a happier appearance, but it can only be temporary.

Teresa
06-12-2015, 01:01 AM
When I showed my pictures to my counselor she remarked how happy I looked, it's not just the makeup but dressing takes the tension and stress away , your body feels more relaxed it shows in the face, wrinkles appear to melt away !

Barbara Black
06-12-2015, 01:47 AM
There's probably an aspect of acomplishment as well, dressing nicely instead of jeans and a wool shirt, and especially the ability to put on makeup (which I haven't figured out yet. haha). I certainly feel happier while dressed, but I still have problems with smiling for a camera.

prettytoes
06-12-2015, 03:46 AM
You should have seen the smile on my face when the gorgeous nail tech was applying neon orange polish to my toes! Now that was fun!
My wife has stated how much happier I have been since my secret was let out. I also found that I sleep much better at night....I guess it's the nightie!

Princess Chantal
06-12-2015, 04:04 AM
What you see in a brief photo pose may be deceiving. Take Robin Williams as an example

Donnagirl
06-12-2015, 04:44 AM
Absolutely...and since finding acceptance, and a better hormone balance, I'm happier all round... Reckon it's either all Donna or mostly Donna now.... Not much of the grumpy, moody, angry boy left.... :)

Claire Cook
06-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Hi CB,

I'd not thought about this but I think you are right, that our happy side comes through in photos when we're dressed, and that is not usually the case in "before" pictures. There's no doubt that I am grumpier and moodier in guy clothes (Thank you Donna!). I've noted this in previous posts, but some folks who know me both ways have said they prefer Claire -- and i would think that's because I'm just a happier me. (Or maybe it's because GG's prefer a feminine persona to interact with?)

sometimes_miss
06-12-2015, 06:19 AM
I have come to the conclusion that people here are happier dressed as a woman!
Yup. Much better as a girl.

Mollyanne
06-12-2015, 06:38 AM
I for one am MUCH happier when I am dressed as a woman and that's why I dress as often as I can. Actually I feel much more comfortable and confident.

Molly

Melissa in SE Tn
06-12-2015, 06:47 AM
You are correct... and we should be happier as that inner peace is set free.

chris63
06-12-2015, 07:47 AM
I have found this as well. When I'm in girl mode I have this inner calm and just feel normal. When I go too long without dressing the deadly 3 return - depression, anxiety and anger.

amanda2
06-12-2015, 08:11 AM
Absolutely. If only I could be a girl always.......sigh

Rhonda Darling
06-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Thank you for helping me spit my morning coffee across the room. :battingeyelashes: As the title of this forum so correctly announces, this place is for Crossdressers, in our many splendored forms (no pun intended). Most all of us are happy as larks when we get a chance to dress to our true feeling, as our often beaming faces attest. Even those who are transitioning/transitioned smile inwardly with the quiet assurance that they are now who they should have been all along. I suppose the best explanation for the smiles/joy is that when we present ourselves Crossdressers, we are able to cast off our lifelong disguise. :thumbsup:

Rhonda

LucyNewport
06-12-2015, 08:33 AM
My therapist tells me that I act way more relaxed when dressed as a lady. When I go as a dude I'm all fidgety and talk a mile a minute!

Sarah-RT
06-12-2015, 08:55 AM
When by myself browsing the net I'd have "resting b*tch face" as it's known, like a permanent scowl. When dressed I do feel happier but also use the assumption that girls often appear happy so I force myself to be cheery.

Sarah x

bridget thronton
06-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Quite true (for me any way)

Crissy Kay
06-12-2015, 09:10 AM
I think its true for the most part, for me too. I know I feel a little happier and more relaxed, when I am dressed up.

icantwait24
06-12-2015, 09:46 AM
I am much happier just in general. I asked my wife the other day, if she had to pick. Would she rather I be Jason or Jasmine, with no hesitation she said Jasmine hands down. I don't think I hv a male or female mode. I just hv different clothes I wear depending on what I'm doing. I always wear makeup, everything stays shaved. I always wear panties, my nails stay painted. I hardly wear dresses, I almost never wear a wig, only cause my wife loves my bald head no matter what I'm wearing. Xoxo Jazzy

Jenniferathome
06-12-2015, 09:52 AM
"Some" people, yes.

BeckyZ
06-12-2015, 10:05 AM
That's what my wife says also.

Amy Fakley
06-12-2015, 12:15 PM
LOL, if doing it didn't make us happy, I don't recon we'd be here in the first place :-)

I think for me, it comes from the simple joy of seeing someone in the mirror that I instinctively recognize as "me". For most of my life, I didn't even know I was missing that.

I'd fumbled around since I was 7 or 8 years old, trying on my mother's clothes ... later on nipping things out of the pile on the way to the thrift store, etc etc ...the usual sneaky stuff nearly all of us did as children. I didn't even know why, I was reaching toward something and I didn't even know what it was. Until one day, in my early 30's, the final piece of the puzzle fell into place. For me, it was hair. I put on a cheap Halloween store wig, and it finally clicked. No makeup or anything else ... I looked ridiculous for sure, but there was that instinctive recognition ... "that's me, the girl that's always been inside me, trying to get out ... that's ME!"

That was the first time I ever felt that simple joy, of seeing a reflection in the mirror that represented who I felt like . Of course I was all smiles! Still am, when I get to see her! :-)

Jorja
06-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Daggonne, nothing gets past you Sheerluck! Why you must be one of 'em thar rocket scientist. :)

AmyVanessa
06-12-2015, 12:42 PM
When I'm fully in male attire, I'm usually underdressed. I just feel more confident and motivated as Amy

Jaymees22
06-12-2015, 01:35 PM
I'm a happy man, but a much happier girl! Hugs Jaymee

Katey888
06-12-2015, 03:38 PM
This really sums it up for me...

When I dress, I become a different person. All the worries in my life, money, work, responsibilities belong to my male side. When I am dressed, I worry about whether my makeup is as good as can be, or if my hair is flying all over the place or other such superficial worries. I think that could definitely lead to a happier appearance, but it can only be temporary.

If my ratio of time spent as F (<2%) vs. M (>98%) were reversed, I have a sneaky suspicion those real-world worries would be making a really glum girl...

Katey x

Alice K
06-13-2015, 06:46 AM
I believe the joy comes from relaxing a mask that has been built up over the real person. Having to suppress the real me for so long wears heavily on me.

Alice

CynthiaD
06-13-2015, 07:57 AM
I've come to the conclusion that I'm a lot happier dressed as a woman (dressed as myself, that is). Male clothing feels like it's made out of battery acid.

CarlaWestin
06-13-2015, 08:16 AM
After an insane two weeks dealing with male mode irritants, work stress, root canal, marital nonsense and financial wrangling, it's Saturday morning. Finally! And, I'm just so happy dressed head to toe in my favorite maid's outfit. Heels, corset, lipstick, all sexey lingerie underneath, jinggly sissy necklace, hoop earrings, favorite red wig. This is the happy spot I crave always. I felt so good I went for a scandalous little morning walk around the neighborhood.

Maxi
06-13-2015, 09:15 AM
You are so RIGHT! When you get out of the closet, the world is a brighter, happier place.