PDA

View Full Version : Knock at the door

jillcutie
06-17-2015, 11:58 AM
I was dressed up this morning having some girl time before going to work. Then there was a knock at the door, it was the postal worker dropping off the package I ordered a few days ago. I decided to ignore it, but he kept knocking. I was getting nervous but finally I just decided to answer it. He was a bit surprised when I open the door, I don't know if he read me right away or if it was what I was wearing. He handed me the box and not needing a signature left and I went on about my day.

This is how I was dressed.

Persephone
06-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Cool! If you are in male mode next time you see him ask about the package. He'll probably say, "I handed it to your wife!"

You look great. I doubt he was looking up at your eyes! :)

Hugs,
Persephone.

Christie ann
06-17-2015, 12:34 PM
I agree with Persephone, he wasn't looking at your face. I figure postal people have seen almost everything and however I open the door won't be new, unless perhaps naked while carrying a chain saw.

countrygirl
06-17-2015, 12:40 PM
You look amazing!

Lacyfem
06-17-2015, 02:03 PM
I've been there and have done that and it's exciting, kind of like going out and always interesting in how they react. Usually very little but I'm sure in their minds the wheels are turning. I prefer being dressed and meeting a man at the door who I know and I've invited to come over as that's definitely more exciting. So much fun being a gurl!

Kate Simmons
06-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Looks good to me Hon. :)

Lorileah
06-17-2015, 02:34 PM
:thinking: if he didn't need a signature, why did he keep knocking?

Dianne S
06-17-2015, 03:01 PM
You look fine. I'm sure delivery guys have seen lots of things.

I don't care any more; I'm full-time now and even if I'm sort of halfway put together, I figure it's my house and I can look however I want. One time I answered the door and there were three (!) guys from Bell Canada trying to sell me stuff. There I was with painted nails but looking half like a guy. I didn't care and neither did they (except I guess they were disappointed I told them I wasn't interested in whatever they were selling.)

Hell on Heels
06-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Hell-o Jill,
Looks good to me too!
The mailman was probably just as impressed!
Much Love,
Kristyn

mechamoose
06-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Delivery people, postal, pizza, & otherwise need to keep a straight face.

"Yes, sign here" as my skirt flips in the breeze.

"Thank you!"

Will they talk about you back at the shop? Probably. Did he challenge you THEN? No.

Most folks won't, though you might observe their discomfort. They WANT to say something, but you know what? THEY don't have the courage to. They need to be in a group of similar minded people in order to speak up.

Sound familiar?

<3

- MM

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Hi Jill, I have a friend that drives for UPS and he says that Nothing Surprises him anymore.:daydreaming:

Tonya Rose
06-17-2015, 06:59 PM
Cute! Cute! Cute!,,,,,,, Jill, You are so passable! I will bet he never thought anything about it! But now remember UPS will be there Tomorrow! LOL!:hugs:

jillcutie
06-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks everyone :) Although I think he was more surprised by the fact I had opened the door when he was just about to leave. I had waited for a min deciding if I was going to or not. Also I think he kept knocking due to the box just being the actual product box and not covered, it was a little banged up but was a camera bag.

Michelle 78
06-18-2015, 03:28 PM
This has almost happened to me once, I thought about answering the door fully dressed, but instead I watched the delivery man through the upstairs window post a 'we missed you' note through the front door, I was a bit disappointed with myself afterwards. It wasn't so much being scared of the Delivery Man, I was more bothered about one of the neighbors seeing me!!.

Jennifer B
06-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Good for you Jill you look great!

I wouldn't dare do that where I live. I've had to master the "emergency strip and pull on jeans and a tee shirt in 30 seconds" routine for such circumstances. It certainly gets my heart racing though.

Kristie23
06-18-2015, 04:54 PM
You look gorgeous

Next time try flirting a little. I bet you both love it.

~Joanne~
06-18-2015, 05:44 PM
Delivery people, postal, pizza, & otherwise need to keep a straight face.

Just curious, said who? when?

Tracii G
06-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Yay you did well and see there is nothing to it.