PDA

View Full Version : No shaving!!

chantelle
10-11-2004, 09:06 AM
i have been very manly the last week or so and none of my body looks like a
girl anymore.
Why do we do this to ourselves and punish ourselves by being "manly" sometimes.
Just a thought.

babe4life
10-11-2004, 10:24 AM
girl anymore.
Just a thought.

I gave up shaving my legs about two weeks ago. They are a torrid sight at the moment (and you were all wondering why I converted to jeans!). My legs really react badly to shaving and depilatories and don't seem to recover for months afterwards leaving red dots behind. Very depressing. I was thinking of waxing, but just have not had a chance to do something about it yet.

The other reason is: I get lazy. :eek: Who would have thought? I get "moedeloos" (despondent, but not as great a depth of feeling) when day after day I have to shave just to keep the legs smooth. I have been using J&J's product though for a while, but nothing much to report on that front yet.

There, now I have blown all my beauty cover wide open! :D

Love,
Vicky

Alayna
10-11-2004, 10:36 AM
I gave up shaving my legs about two weeks ago. They are a torrid sight at the moment (and you were all wondering why I converted to jeans!). My legs really react badly to shaving and depilatories and don't seem to recover for months afterwards leaving red dots behind. Very depressing. I was thinking of waxing, but just have not had a chance to do something about it yet.

The other reason is: I get lazy. :eek: Who would have thought? I get "moedeloos" (despondent, but not as great a depth of feeling) when day after day I have to shave just to keep the legs smooth. I have been using J&J's product though for a while, but nothing much to report on that front yet.

There, now I have blown all my beauty cover wide open! :D

Love,
Vicky
I'm the same way - that 2nd day after a shave is so painful I don't want to move - but it's even more painful to try and shave again> Waxing for me works best so far, but I haven't quite thrown in the towel on this epilator - If only it didn't hurt so damn much. Laziness plays a factor too :rolleyes:

babe4life
10-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I had an epilator a few years go. After coming to tears on a few occasions, it was relegated to its new home: the BIN! :D

~Tammy~
10-11-2004, 04:36 PM
girl anymore.
Just a thought.

Its bad enough for a GG to keep looking prim & proper never mind us folk!
We have even more places that hair grows. By the time I get through shaving my face and until recently my chest I can't be bothered with the underarms, legs and bikini line.
As many of you may have noticed I have decided to only wax my legs (I have a full home waxing kit, curtesy of the ex) and as I've also mentioned, after several months of waxing the hairs grow back alot thinner and sparser due to the hair being ripped out of its folicle and some of them don't bother growing back again.
I waxed my chest a few days ago (yeah, ouch!) and although my chest wasn't my friend for a while it's still nice and smooooth!
Although it took my about an hour to torture my chest (I was also watching Lord of the Rings at the time), I'm getting much quicker at it and I know it won't look so much like Sherwood Forest next time, so will get easier and less painful (I hope).
I really do recommend having an all over waxing session at some point, and I must stress here, please have it done by someone professionally trained the first time. It may bring tears to your eyes (it sure did mine the first time), but I think the results are worth it.

Take care,

~Tammy~

P.S. If anyone would like any more info on waxing, please free to ask :)

Danielle1960
10-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi Tammy
I would like some more information on waxing.
Danielle

~Tammy~
10-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi Danielle,

What kind of thing do you want to know?
Any questions can be left here or anyone can private message me, though I'm sure any tips would be welcome for public vieiwing.

Lily_gg
10-12-2004, 04:00 AM
*looks ashamed*
Me too! Particularly when boyfriend's not around, or it's mid-winter and I'm just wearing trousers all the time... Shaved/smooth is so much nicer though, speshly if you're wearing something slinky or getting into a freshly made bed :)

ms. victoria
10-12-2004, 06:32 AM
Hi ya'll. (I just got back from South Carolina. I love the southern belle thing!) :) Anyhow, I cannot stand shaving my face and legs. I am going to go for the laser hair removal for my face. I may then have my legs done. Unfortunately, it does not work for light or gray hair. One of my parents gifts to me was premature graying. I started to gray in my mid 20's. Hopefully it all works and I dont end up a freak. I am more than a litte scared. :(

Anne Charlotte
10-12-2004, 07:06 AM
I just love it.......!!!

I love that slinky soft feel you get afterwards......lush......

Makes all the trouble worthwhile in my opinion, and now I don't seem to get those ingrowing hairs or spots like I used to.....

Wenda
10-12-2004, 08:26 AM
A sales clerk noticed the red dots on my legs and said it was because I was shaving using soap. She suggested a shaving gel. I bought a gel named Aveeno (has collegen from oats in it. oats are genus avina) and it does seem to make a difference. My place has no shower, only a tub, so I shave almost every day. Dressing or not, I like the feeling of my legs. wenda.

carolynhcd
10-12-2004, 11:22 AM
I dry shave my legs. No soap, no gel, no nothing. On my bikini area, I wipe everthing thoroughly with rubbing alcohol to prevent spots and follicular infection. It took a while for my legs to get used to it, but now I can shave while surfing this site or talking to my GG. A sharp triple blade is critical. I use a Venus on my body and a masculine triple on my face. I do shave my face after a shower and only use water to lubricate. I've often thought of waxing, but have been deterred by the wait for it to get long enough to rewax.

babe4life
10-12-2004, 11:49 AM
*looks ashamed*
Me too! Particularly when boyfriend's not around, or it's mid-winter and I'm just wearing trousers all the time... Shaved/smooth is so much nicer though, speshly if you're wearing something slinky or getting into a freshly made bed :)

Lily, you are a girl after my own heart ;). And I definitely concur about the something slinky or freshly made bed. There is just nothing to compare it with. Being furry doesn't begin to allow the stunning sensations :rolleyes:

Love,
Vicky

Tonia
10-12-2004, 07:41 PM
A sales clerk noticed the red dots on my legs and said it was because I was shaving using soap. She suggested a shaving gel. I bought a gel named Aveeno (has collegen from oats in it. oats are genus avina) and it does seem to make a difference. My place has no shower, only a tub, so I shave almost every day. Dressing or not, I like the feeling of my legs. wenda.

I have been shaving for many Years I have found that Skintimate Moisturizing Shave Gel works the best it has several ingredients that are fairly good for your skin I think Vitamin ā€œEā€ along with aloe Vera and baby oil will leave your skin soft and very smooth.

Tonia

windycissy
10-12-2004, 07:49 PM
I know I've said this before, but listen carefully: YOU DON'T HAVE TO SHAVE YOUR LEGS! Now that it's autumn, you can have sheer and lovely legs by using the old female impersonators' trick: a pair of white opaque tights, followed by a pair of flesh colored tights, topped off by your favorite nylons. Try it! I combine this technique with another: I wear sweaters that come halfway down my hands (very fashionable these days) and only have to shave the backs of my hands and my fingers...not noticeable when I am in guy mode. This way, I can pass as a woman anywhere once I apply a coat of quick-dry polish to my nails, and when I run my nails over my nylons....WOW! Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

CindyT
10-12-2004, 11:33 PM
I shaved everything about a 3 weeks ago, and paid dearly also. I also shaved my arms and nobody even noticed!
I have had good luck at minimising those red dots by first uning COLD water at the end of my shower, then covering my entire body liberally with lotion. I use a LOT and try to remain naked as long as I can so it won't rub off.

I too must admit that I'm lazy at keeping up on staying shaved too! With people around the house here, it's hard to do.

If I'm out of town and get a chance to venture out, I'll spend an entire day shaving and doing makeup, but normally I just have to wait till the days when I'm home alone to do a good shave job.

CindyT

JoannaDees
10-12-2004, 11:54 PM
I shave everything. I've never had a problem with the legs (as long as I don't cut myself behind the knee, the knee, the ankle!) or arms. The pubic area took some getting used to, but no problem now. I used Bikini Zone in that area and it works great. The chest and stomache sometimes get a few red spots, but if I shave WITH the hairs, none. It's not as close of a shave, but I do have light and fine hair.

I also don't have thck, dark hair, so I can go one or two weeks between leg shaving and you don't see it too much.

And lastly, I'm getting laser on my back, chest and abs. I'm not sure how well it's working, and I'm going in sometime this week to ask them about it. I have a chat friend that says it doesn't work and is NOT permanent, she's getting electrolysis.

So, my question is to anybody else getting laser, like Erica, have you heard of or read anything on the web about laser not being all it's cracked up to be?

And lastly, Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall I'LL shave my legs because it feels soooooo good!

Lily_gg
10-13-2004, 04:39 AM
I'm having laser at the minute, and I think it's great! But then I've only had two sessions, so don't have any long term results to compare with...

Problem is, because there's such a stupidly high number of hair follicles on some bits of the body (I heard 800-1000 per square inch in typically hairy areas, like underarms, can be as much as 1200...), and any number of them can be hibernating (can't remember the actual term, but it's like hibernating) at any time, and thus unaffected by any kind of hair removal, there's always going to be the chance that another hair will grow through, regardless of whether you have electrolysis or laser.

As far as I know, both completely kill the follicles that are growing at the time of treatment, so the follicles can't grow back. Laser is quicker than electrolysis too.

Oh, and if you go for laser, make sure you shave REALLY well beforehand, or it'll hurt worse than usual, plus you'll smell burning hairs if they're sticking through your skin - icky!

Hope that helps a bit.

crispy
10-13-2004, 05:03 AM
iWhy do we do this to ourselves and punish ourselves by being "manly" sometimes.
Just a thought.
The contrast from hairy man to smooth girly girl just has to be experienced every so often.

babe4life
10-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Lily, I am soooo tempted to go for laser for my face. I have had a recommendation for a clinic close to where I live. Just have to get the finances in place. At the moment it is a choice between hair removal, therapy and clothing. So at the moment, therapy is winning the battle of the money :D. I would love to hear how it all goes.

Love,
Vicky

Lily_gg
10-13-2004, 07:17 AM
:eek: :eek:

Therapy is winning over shopping?!!!!!! :eek:

You obviously need more therapy girl - there's something desperately wrong with that viewpoint!!!! :D

Lily_gg
10-13-2004, 07:24 AM
And seriously, yeah, I'll let you know how it goes!

I'm just having it done on my underarms/armpits - got fed up of never *looking* smooth if I just shaved, due to pale skin, dark hair just underneath it; and the pain/hassle of waxing, epilation etc were also getting to me (removal creams don't work on my hair at all!).

After the first treatment, it looked like they were still growing, and I was very tempted to epilate, but my beautician had strictly instructed me to shave only, no plucking etc. Then, about a fortnight after, they started just growing out and falling out - end of hair and out it slides! It's fab (if a little icky - some of them get a little stuck and don't quite come out, so you have to squeeze them slightly to encourage them out. Or maybe you don't, and I'm just too keen to get rid of them?!), and by the time I went to my second treatment four weeks later, I only had a small patch under each arm - about a third and a fifth of what I originally had (for some reason, left worked much better than right!). So, I currently reckon it's great, even if it is a bit pricey... And I s'pose it'd be a bit more expensive for you, cos you've got a greater area of tougher hairs to do...

If you do go for it though, just make sure you do shave absolutely everything off, really well, and be prepared for the fact that it does hurt - a bit like someone flicking you really hard with an elastic band just under the skin. Grin and bear it though - it gets easier to handle!

:D

babe4life
10-13-2004, 08:24 AM
:eek:
Therapy is winning over shopping?!!!!!! :eek:

You obviously need more therapy girl - there's something desperately wrong with that viewpoint!!!!

LOL

Well, I do try and do *some* shopping ... :D ... Got to keep my signing hand in shape you know ... :rolleyes:

Love,
Vicky

JoannaDees
10-13-2004, 10:55 AM
I've already had four sessions, each about two hours due to the large areas treated. I've never thought it really hurt that much. High pain threshold maybe. I can still feel the hairs getting zapped.

babe4life
10-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Hmm, Joanna. You aren't "into" pain are you?

:D

Where's Muffles when I need to hide behind someone!?

Love,
Vicky

Rachel_740
10-18-2004, 01:08 PM
Hi Girls,

I had my first professional waxing on Saturday. It was only my legs - I'm not as brave as Tammy and have my whole body done :eek: . It hurt but wasn't too bad, except 1 strip that the girl didn't hold onto properly so she didn't get a clean pull.

My legs feel so much better now and I'll be going back in the future!

Rachel