PDA

View Full Version : Amusing Drive Thru

ChristinaK
06-17-2015, 05:20 PM
Went to Dairy Queen today. I've been ma'amd a couple of times and I've had two grocery store workers go out of their way to ask me if I needed help (never in dude mode). But, today a young man said something that left me speechless.

After I ordered, I drove up to the window and he said, "how ya doin', baby?" It was like I was a bystander and not the object of his desire. Totally blew me away and left me completely speechless. Not exactly what I expected... I handed him my debit card and looked him in the eye, smiling. He smiled brightly, then disappeared when the window closed.

Shortly, the window opened again, then abruptly closed. A few minutes later, a girl appeared with my card and order. She looked me in the eye and smiled with a knowing look. She thanked me and wished me a good day, as I did her. In the background was another girl looking through the window at me with anticipation.

I laughed for some time. I'll bet that guy will think twice before he calls another female customer "baby!" I wonder if he threw up a little!

Now I know how an attractive woman feels. Not that I'm attractive, but with a nice wig, large forms, shapely legs, a form fitting polo top, a guy might be interested until he sees my face!

I'd love to hear about similar experiences. What a hoot!

alwayshave
06-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Christina, or should I say Baby, I'm sure you upset his tender little ego. When he realized he called, what he perceives as a guy, he was to embarrassed to come back to the window. What would you have said had he come back?

JoanAz
06-17-2015, 06:05 PM
"thanks for the compliment But I am old enough to be your Father !"

ChristinaK
06-17-2015, 06:08 PM
That's funny Joan! I would never have thought of that!

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Hi Christina, I would've liked to be a fly on the wall inside of that drive-up window.:daydreaming:

Debra Russell
06-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Now that's funny :eek::D.........................Debra