PDA

View Full Version : a stripper gives some raw advice

Charlotte Williams
06-20-2015, 08:43 AM
I thought I might start camming (chaturbate) en femme, as the thought of making some money while doing things I already do sounded enticing, so I started looking at ways to remain anonymous while doing so. My thoughts were of a face mask, or maybe only showing my torso down, etc... Then I came across a site where strippers were giving advice on the matter to a teacher that was interested in doing the same thing. They informed her that being anonymous online is a myth and that it could potentially hurt her chances for getting her license renewed when it expired forcing her to lose the occupation/career that she felt was rewarding beyond financial means. Then they dropped the bomb that landed in my lap:

"Only person you are hiding from is yourself, NOT the world"

CynthiaD
06-20-2015, 10:00 AM
Some of us aren't hiding at all.

Katey888
06-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Charlotte - probably very sound advice to think extremely carefully about doing anything that would inadvertently 'out' you or damage your personal or professional life long-term.

Before anyone here tries to convince you otherwise, just check out their situation too... Most folk will be close to twice your age and have their employed time behind them - it's a lot easier to be blasé about the impact others prejudices may have on you when they can do little to impact your lifestyle or economic security. :)

If it seems too easy to make money, then it probably is because some other nasty aspect will bite your backside when you least expect it...

Take care! :hugs:

Katey x

Sandie70
06-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Katey is right. Some of us on this site are much older and have reached a point where being "outed" for anything might be a slight irritation at best. But, just as many are still "involved" in the world, and the world can be a cruel place. Being found to be a crossdresser (or internet performer) has consequences that vary... but for the young, they can be serious and can follow you the rest of your life. Once outed, be prepared for a change in how you conduct your life - sometimes for the better, but more often than not for worse.

I suppose that's why many on this site cut off their head in photos, or not post a profile picture. And I understand why. For years I hid who I really was for business and personal reasons. It was hard - and frustrating at times. I hated hiding and dreamed of the day when I could reveal myself and not give a damn.

Of course, I don't know if any of us can fully fulfill such a dream - the world is still full of those who would not understand us. Those who would do us harm even.

So, even as I revel in my new-found freedom after retirement, I'm still not completely free. I still hide just a bit. Not for the same reasons as before... but because the world has not changed - even if I have.

cheryl reeves
06-20-2015, 12:58 PM
im the oppisite,i never hid who i was,just chose who i could trust very carefully,never had a job where i had to hide..my problem is i can care less what people think of me.

Charlotte Williams
06-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone

Rhian
06-20-2015, 01:10 PM
If you use a sheet to hide the background of your room, purchase a good wig and smother yourself in make-up then it is unlikely you will be recognised.

Candice Mae
06-20-2015, 03:36 PM
I have a GG friend that cams, and she was trying to convince me to do it for extra cash. I don't need the money and my SO probably would approve either.

Jaylyn
06-20-2015, 04:09 PM
The very reason I cannot show my face on here is that I just plain n simply don't trust the Internet. I know that there are a few on here that know the real me by that I mean I have trusted to show my face and we have crammed with each other. On a commercial site to make money I feel it would be very different. One wouldn't know if the guy or gal you are chatting with is your next door neighbor or your own family member. I am older and retired from a teaching field and feel I have influenced many kids that are now adults. I feel sometimes that I have lived a double life by hiding my CD. The education community should be the ones who are the most educated on a subject and if it is in their field of expertise most are. I don't believe the education field folks are educated on human behaviors enough and very few would accept us unless they are CD s as well. I've had kids in my class that while teaching I felt I could pick out those that were feminine males and probably were either gay or showing signs of femininity. We could not though treat those any different than the males that were more masculine. The big shameful part of this is that their classmates could and did treat them differently, sometimes in the form of bullying and excluding them totally from a social life. Teaching is a very rewarding occupation but the pay just sucks. I always had side jobs and the farms to fall back on for making the ends meet. I feel the stripper gave you some good advice though.

giuseppina
06-20-2015, 10:48 PM
I agree with the above advice.

Rhian, facial recognition software can see through makeup, so that won't work.

chinabrown
06-20-2015, 11:27 PM
There is a TS STRIP CLUB VINTAGE INDUSTRIAL STRIP CLUB in Sun Valley ,calif here and the bars in the gay friendly area here have topless shows.
This makes you want to take hormones and or get surgeries to stay relative and on top.

The only other place in the
USA I know that has this is San Francisco.