PDA

View Full Version : Taking the plung

Staci K
06-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Hey all,

I haven't been around for a while - been working through things in my head. I'm happy to say though that I'm finally coming out the other side. I've been working with a gender therapist for a few weeks now and I've decided to transition. I'm starting weekly electrolysis appointments and have an appointment on July 21 to see a doc in my regular doc's clinic that is well versed in transgender medicine to get me on T blockers and hormones.

It's funny how once deciding to finally do it, all my qualms and distresses have vanished. Never has anything felt so right.

Looking forward to what tomorrow may bring. :-)

Stacy

Suzie Petersen
06-25-2015, 07:00 PM
As with most difficult things in life, when you finally make up your mind, a lot of things just seem to fall in line!

I wish you all the best Stacy!

Hugs
Suzie

Alexa Lynne
06-25-2015, 07:14 PM
Staci, does one person have to see a therapist before making the transition, or could I just go to my doctor and tell him that this is what I want to do?

Barbara Black
06-25-2015, 07:21 PM
From what I gather from this forum, the doctor will promptly send you to a therapist, or they are not a good doctor in the first place. Good luck with your transition.

Donnagirl
06-25-2015, 07:23 PM
Congrats Staci, a big decision.

And yes there is a measurable calm that descends once the decision is made.

Staci, does one person have to see a therapist before making the transition, or could I just go to my doctor and tell him that this is what I want to do?

You must see a therapist or more likely a psychiatrist. The doctor will want to know that you are informed and competent to make, what is a massive life changing decision. I this litigious society, I doubt any doctor will make any decision in isolation.

Victoria Demeanor
06-25-2015, 07:32 PM
Congratulations Staci on finding your path. I hope all goes well for you and please keep us updated.

Stephj
06-25-2015, 08:06 PM
Wish you all the best you are very brave

Sandie70
06-25-2015, 08:21 PM
Congratulations Staci. From what I see on this forum we all reach certain times when we have to make a decision. Whether it's to transition, come out to family and friends, or simply walk out the door into the world as a crossdresser. Individually, each step is important and, I'm certain, a relief for each of us when that happens.

Of course, you have reached a momentous decision that I'm sure will bring you great peace and satisfaction. May you have a wonderful life... a life that, in many ways, is just now starting.

Marcelle
06-26-2015, 05:51 AM
Hi Staci and congrats on making a decision which appears to have brought you great joy and stress relief. Good luck on your journey.

Hugs

Isha

Staci K
06-27-2015, 06:05 PM
Thank you for the well wishes everyone - I'm so excited to get it under way.

I went the route of going to a therapist first before my MD. For myself, I've known all my life I wasn't playing with a full deck. I'm missing the man-card. I tried playing the game with hand drawn man-cards (interests just for the sake of feeling like I'm proving my masculinity). Yet each time I've failed only to come back around to being miserable in my own skin. It was my most recent hand-drawn 'man-card' that made me realize to quit fighting nature - firearms. When I'm alone, miserable, and looking at my 9mm as a way to end my pain it was a wake up call that I have nothing left to lose and everything to gain. I know the road isn't going to be easy, but it's better to have a rough road than no road and winding up 6ft under.

Like I said above, since making the decision to transition everything seems to be falling into place. I'm no longer afraid to keep my guns around - I'm giving up my rights to most man things, but I'm not giving up my 2nd amendment rights - I will just conceal carry in my purse. :-)

LeslieSD
06-27-2015, 07:34 PM
Life is so precious!

Go along the path that brings you the most happiness, and enjoy the ride.