PDA

View Full Version : They're still out there!!!

Donnagirl
06-25-2015, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

Though I'd share an amusing incident that just happened at lunch in the mall close to the office. Now by way of background, my employer is not as decisive as Isha's is, still unable to even offer someone I can talk too capable of making a decision. So, in the mean time I'm advancing incrementally, adding something new each few days.. This has two benifits, it makes me feel more at ease, but most importantly by boss is so awkward about it, I'm now the last to be called into his office when the bad jobs get handed out.

So at the moment the attached pic gives a fair indication of how far I have come... Suit and tie but both hands all blinged up!!!

Now after eating lunch, this bloke (and I use that term in is most generic) comes over, points a my hand and says, "what's with the painted nails? You gay or something?"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not" I answer rising from the chair and advancing towards him... "but if you're keen, I can certainly arrange for a night in the watch-house for you with someone who definitely is!!! A cosy little cell for two!!" (And yes I've paraphrased the conversation a little, refining it for a more eloquant audience)

By now he's walking backwards into another table, hands held in front.... I got a few sorry' before he beat a hasty retreat...

Shame really... I would have liked to teach him a few manners and I would have got me out of a boring training session this afternoon.

Rachelakld
06-25-2015, 11:51 PM
never upset an Aussie chick :) love your response.

docrobbysherry
06-25-2015, 11:58 PM
Was "The bloke" your boss?

Barbara Black
06-26-2015, 12:47 AM
A quick comeback to be sure, but I think you may have also missed a chance to talk about CDing or being Trans. Of course, you know exactly where he was coming from. :-)

deebra
06-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Can't anybody seeee your pinky and wrist look so much better embellished.

Krisi
06-26-2015, 06:49 AM
We think we turn into a female when we strap on a bra and wig or in this case, just some bracelets and nail polish, but inside we are still 100% male. We instinctively want to fight when insulted or embarrassed. A woman would not have reacted this way.

Donnagirl
06-26-2015, 06:51 AM
Was "The bloke" your boss?

No... He's not that bad, just a little uncomfortable... And I need the job!!!

A quick comeback to be sure, but I think you may have also missed a chance to talk about CDing or being Trans. Of course, you know exactly where he was coming from. :-)

This bloke was definitely not the conversational type... In my younger days I may well have feigned fear and acted like I was backing away before.... well I got my stress relief in a different manner back then!!!

Old mate was undoubtably looking for a blue... Frocked up I may have reacted differently, but then again, the habits of a lifetime are hard to change...

Mollyanne
06-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Nice bracelets!!!!!! I think you should have mentioned those as well as the nails!!!!!

Molly

BLUE ORCHID
06-26-2015, 08:05 AM
Hi Donna, Just be careful not to break a nail when teaching someone manners.:hugs:

stefan37
06-26-2015, 09:30 AM
Why not just go all out and paint all of your nails? The cat's already out of the bag.

AmyVanessa
06-26-2015, 11:36 AM
Every once in awhile I get someone who says that same thing to me, I just reply, "Nah, I just like nail polish.
Then again, I also get a lot of compliments on my nails too.

Badwolf
06-26-2015, 11:45 AM
We think we turn into a female when we strap on a bra and wig or in this case, just some bracelets and nail polish, but inside we are still 100% male. We instinctively want to fight when insulted or embarrassed. A woman would not have reacted this way.

I know women who are down to fight faster than many of my guy friends.