PDA

View Full Version : Visiting the Parents

Taylor Ray
06-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Well gals, sorry I haven't been online for a spell, but I have been traveling. I am currently with my parents in Chicago. I packed minimally (panties, wig, summer short shorts, a cami top), and sure enough...it wasn't enough!!! I have since then dropped about $300 on some new summer dresses (Target!), shoes, etc. (Moral to story? If you are a daily dresser....never pack cd-light for a trip!!!!)

So anyway, I am staying in my parents basement...and sure enough, my mom has a whole "row" of old clothes. (Am I 12 years old again or what?!) So one morning I of course lock the basement door, put on some "Love and Rockets", and begin a 3 hour fashion show. I end up with a small suitcase worth of dresses and tops (Chico, Lane Bryant, etc.)

Then the dilemma sets in: Of course, in the Pink Fog I could care less what anyone thinks. But I need to ask her if I can have the items out of respect. My solution: I separate all of the "unisex items" (women's pants and slacks, black vests, black tops) and put them on a chair. I ask her: Is it alright if I take these items? Do you still use them?

She says "of course not, I would love if you took them!" She even gets more of her slacks and tops from her closet and sets them out for me.

Of course, she was very adamant about the "unisex" label. If she knew of the skirts and dresses I nabbed (ones which I know she hasn't worn in years), she might have lost her mind.

And of course, my father complaining about the gay pride weekend. Uggh! I wanted to say: "Dad, I am a bisexual crossdresser!!!"

But this would have been too devastating.

Anyway, small steps towards acceptance! Less hiding! Embracing my true self in relationship with others!

To all of you who are fully out to family and friends: Hats Off!!! I commend your bravery!!!!

Fany27ab
06-27-2015, 08:40 PM
thats really nice
you have the dreamed parents
now go out as a girl in front of them :)

Jaylyn
06-27-2015, 10:03 PM
I disagree about wearing your things in front of your folks no matter how much you want to. I bet they love you and would accept you but why chance a family shake up and cause your folks strife. Dads are dads and some see things the way they were taught growing up. Be thankful you still have a dad and mom. Respect them and if you feel they would not accept your lifestyle then don't force it on them. My suggestion be who you want when you are not around them. If and when you feel that your parents can accept who you are then break it to them. To me coming out is not about being a shocker to friends and family it's being you but still protecting those you love. Just my thoughts about your comment. You are correct though we need to take small steps, and I'll add slow ones at that especially around family.

docrobbysherry
06-28-2015, 03:58 AM
I subscribe to the, "Need to know", theory. Unless you're planning on coming out to everyone? Only tell friends and family that need that knowledge. It becomes a burden for them to keep your secret u know.

I'm sorry. Maybe I'm too old fashioned. But clothes thing with your mom creeped me out. I buy nearly all my stuff from thrifts. But taking my moms clothes on the sly or otherwise would be over the top for me.

Taylor Ray
06-28-2015, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry. Maybe I'm too old fashioned. But clothes thing with your mom creeped me out.

I'm not sure I follow your line of reasoning here. Do you mean to imply that it would be creepy for me to take hand-me-down slacks, dress shirts, and jackets from my father? Because either you think that both of these are creepy, or just re-using my mother's clothing. And if is only the latter, than you must be projecting some of your own issues onto me. I realize that many young boys are drawn to their mother's lingerie, but believe me, that has nothing to do with this experience, which is essentially salvaging women's clothing that is going to be taken to the goodwill anyway.

Badwolf
06-28-2015, 07:36 PM
I think they took Oedipus Rex to heart.

I'm not sure I follow your line of reasoning here. Do you mean to imply that it would be creepy for me to take hand-me-down slacks, dress shirts, and jackets from my father? Because either you think that both of these are creepy, or just re-using my mother's clothing. And if is only the latter, than you must be projecting some of your own issues onto me. I realize that many young boys are drawn to their mother's lingerie, but believe me, that has nothing to do with this experience, which is essentially salvaging women's clothing that is going to be taken to the goodwill anyway.

Barbara Black
06-29-2015, 01:20 AM
Now I'm curious if doc would be creeped out if you took some of your father's clothes as well? It's an interesting question. But maybe your mother has very good taste in clothing, it would be a shame to just throw it away wouldn't it? But I agree that shocking your parents and making them keep a secret wouldn't be right either. Good luck.

Marcelle
06-29-2015, 03:49 AM
Hi Taylor,

Tiny steps forward are sometimes the best option for many. If some day you truly wish to be out and public to your family, incremental gains can eventually lead to full disclosure. Will they accept you as Taylor? Only you will know the answer to that question. Anyway, sounds like you got a nice haul of clothing and had a good visit with your folks :) . . . thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

lingerieLiz
06-29-2015, 11:13 PM
Years ago my mother ended up with some of my clothes. She liked them and I had others. Over the years she has given me clothes that she couldn't wear. I know women who have given friends clothes and have received some also. Don't push your parents!