PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife go with you?

Maxi
06-28-2015, 08:03 PM
My wife and daughter went walking with me today. We toured several parks. She even held my hand walking around the lake. We came to the conclusion it would give people something to talk about.

Here are some pics.

Jenniferathome
06-28-2015, 08:11 PM
Your wife and daughter are brave women. And yes, my wife goes out with me.

Donnagirl
06-28-2015, 08:29 PM
Yep mine does....

Nadine Spirit
06-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Yes my wife and I are together most of the time.

Good for your family to get out together and enjoy the day. Let others talk if they will.

Badwolf
06-28-2015, 09:04 PM
My SO has gone out w/ me but it's been a long time. It was during her phase of denial of her issues w/ my dressing.

susie evans
06-28-2015, 11:13 PM
my wife has been going out with me for years we do many things together as girl friends it's just part of who we are enjoy life is way to short not to enjoy

Susie

Suzanne F
06-29-2015, 12:37 AM
My wife was so beautiful today walking hand in hand with me at the SF Pride Parade. It has been a coming out process for her. What a wonderful and courageous woman she is. Oh and very cute!

Megan70
06-29-2015, 03:15 AM
All the time, for over 40 years; dinner, movies, plays, errands, shopping, she even helps me with final hair and clothes inspection. Sometimes over the years we come home and have intimate relations afterwards while I'm dressed or in lingerie ready to go back. I'm so privileged and grateful, i know there are hundred of sister CD's out here that would envy this. I count my blessing

Henriette7
06-29-2015, 03:35 AM
Hi Maxi

Great to hear that you are enjoying life. Yes my wife go out with me. Shopping, restaurants, parks bassiclally everywhere. It's fun. Let people talk, it's your life, enjoy :-)

Hugs
Henriette

Marcelle
06-29-2015, 04:12 AM
Hi Maxi,

While my wife is very supportive and never denies me the opportunity to be me out in public or at home, she will not go out with me. Now before anyone jumps on with "not very supportive then" let me qualify this statement. My very first attempt at going out in public was with my wife. It did not go well and ended up in what could have been a nasty confrontation (fortunately it did not). That scared her. Not scared her personally but the individuals were vile, nasty and mean in their comments and it was a public setting complete with snickering and finger pointing from others. She cannot bear to see hate, ridicule and whatnot from people directed at me and I accept that even though I told her it is rare. The more recent attack against me only solidified this fear. So I respect her right to be who she needs to be as she does mine.

Hugs

Isha

docrobbysherry
06-29-2015, 04:38 AM
U r all quite fortunate. My family doesn't want to know, see, or hear anything about Sherry.

I believe being seen out in public with her would be worse than marching down Main St. naked. They r all women.

Jillian Faith
06-29-2015, 05:04 AM
Yes my wife has been out with me enfemme, in fact she was with me as my wing-women on my maiden voyage out in public.

Claire Cook
06-29-2015, 05:27 AM
Hi Maxi,

I think it is beautiful that the three of you went walking together. Yep, mine does too. We shop, go out to dinner with girl friends and go out to parties. I'm proud to refer to her in public as my wife, and several times people have thought us a same-sex couple, maybe more often than I think. But it's dangerous -- two girls out together are going to spend more than a guy and a gal would! We really rely on our mutual feminine instincts when buying clothes and stuff for the house. She's said several times that it is much more fun shopping with Claire than that uptight guy who doesn't like to shop. :heehee:

But- - a big but -- we still love our regular guy- gal dates!!

Hugs,

Claire

Michelle Crossfire
06-29-2015, 08:50 AM
Nope, tried to convince her, but to no avail

Krisi
06-29-2015, 08:59 AM
My wife has not been out with me so far. I have been out alone a few times but that was when she was out of town.

While I'm pretty confident I would not be recognized once I leave the neighborhood, she would be easily recognized and together, someone might want to know who I was or even recognize me by my association with her. The other difficulty of course is getting in and out of the house and neighborhood.

My hope is to get her to agree to go to another town, get a room, and spend some time out and about together as girlfriends. I am still trying to figure out how to approach the subject.

Gwinnie
06-29-2015, 10:49 AM
not yet. I want to. Our main problem is how she would refer to me. And what our relationship would be. I said the best would be to just be honest. I'm her husband. That also seems to be the most difficult. Hard to explain that one. But I hope we go out together soon.

Gwendolyn

Prissy Linda
06-29-2015, 11:10 AM
yes my wife goes out with me, we are together most of the time so it normal that we go out when i'm dressed. Some of our best time on vacation or just doing regular stuff is when we are just two women enjoying our lives.

2B Natasha
06-29-2015, 11:50 AM
Does my wife go out with me? Why yes. Yes she does. As a matter of fact. Yesterday she marched along side me in the pride parade in Seattle. I was driving the school bus for Seattle school district gas et al. And she was marching along side me protecting one set of wheels and making sure nobody decided to get a piece of candy while I drove! God forbid I should run over anybody with a 20,000 pound bus. ( yes they weigh that much ). So we where scene by 400k people live and it was streamed live on all 3 local news stations.

We also go out all over the place. Theatre, dinner, dancing, museums.....247378

Here's a picture of me driving in the parade. We drove down hill allot LOL!!!

Dana44
06-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Yeah, my SO does go with me everywhere. So, we plan parks and lakes and movie nights out. Dinner also.

Cheryl T
06-29-2015, 01:09 PM
Yes, my wife goes everywhere with me.
We don't hold hands or anything, it's strictly girl friends this way.

Brenda Freeman
06-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Not yet but the invitation is always there.

Bria
06-29-2015, 03:01 PM
My wife won't go with me and is afraid something will happen to me, never has!

Hugs, Bria

Rhonda Darling
06-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Yes, my SO goes out with me sometimes. We've been to dinner by ourselves, dinner with a local T girls Meetup group, shopping, local LGBT bar scene, and Keystone Conference -- the latter only once, the others multiple times. She does not begrudge me going out on my own, either (how better to run weekend errands to Home Depot, grocery, pharmysist, take away food pickup, bank, car inspection, etc.). She not a big fan of the T girl Meetup events because she feels that's my thing, not hers.

I consider myself very lucky, she's one of the good ones. :cheers:

Rhonda

Michaelasfun
06-29-2015, 03:17 PM
No, I'm in the same camp as Bria. But I look on it in a similar way as regards model aviation, it's not her bag so...lol

aprilgirl
06-29-2015, 03:34 PM
She does, but finding the time and occasion to do so is a challenge. I do have the freedom to go solo, but prefer it's an experience we share together.

Maxi, I'm glad you found the support you've received from your family.

Sherlyn
06-29-2015, 05:08 PM
...lately its me that wants to stay home ..lol
..this is Di and I at Absolute Comedy..Both Reds for the Night...:D

Jorja
06-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Hummm, maybe that's the ticket. I never tried having a wife. Where to you carry her? She surely won't fit in my purse with all that other stuff in there!:)

charlenemichaels
06-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Solo here also. My SO wont talk about and only tolerates me for my 'hobby'.
Been my loving SO for 34 years but dislikes what i do.
No amount of soul talk had helped. We press on.

Seeing how some of you have an SO with you sharing your lifestyle is endearing to see.
Glad somebody is 'living the dream'

~Char

SharonDenise
06-29-2015, 07:37 PM
While my wife was alive, I only dressed up at home. It would have been nice to have gone out together like some of you are posting. I don't think she would have done it, though. I don't think I would have been ready, either. You couples are fortunate and I'm happy for you.

TrishaTX
06-29-2015, 08:39 PM
My wife just found out and we are getting used to the bedroom. I do not have interest in going out( I have done so in the past) and I don't think she does either. I would love to shop with her for sure...it would make is easier for me.

BLUE ORCHID
06-29-2015, 08:56 PM
Hi Maxi, I really don't think that it's ever going to happen in this life time.:daydreaming:

Karen RHT
06-30-2015, 07:53 AM
No my wife doesn't go out with me, but there's good reason for that at present...I don't go out yet either. :laughing: I plan to get out in the near future (looking for wig and working on makeup) and would be happy if she joined me. Doubt she ever will though, as she really doesn't want others to know I crossdress.

Karen.

Patrica Gil
06-30-2015, 09:12 AM
Yes, and it feels wonderful. I have a dancing partner and don't have to wait for someone to ask.

jigna
06-30-2015, 09:44 AM
Not even in a dream.

Marie-Claude, France
07-01-2015, 01:23 PM
My wife does know about Marie-Claude, but she would never go outside with her.
Perhaps, next Halloween, if we find a suitable party...

Jennifer0874
07-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Three years ago I would say it would be rare. Now it's a somewhat regular occurrence. It used to be more like two friends going out, but now it's clear we're a romantic couple.http://i.imgur.com/O4BXgo1.jpg

chris63
07-01-2015, 06:11 PM
Mine went out with me for the first time to a lesbian bar on the night SCOTUS legalized same sex marriage. Let's just say it was being thrown into the deep end of the pool! We both had a wonderful time though. She even kissed me after she had a few drinks:)

Nikki Heat
07-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Sadly, no.

Our local group has two kinds of meetings: IN and OUT. The IN meetings are great for first timers, newbies,etc. We stay safely indoors, and its all gurls. Spouses, girlfriends, supporters, etc. are invited to the OUT meetings. It's a chance to share the femme side of ourselves with those who care most about us.

In theory, it's a great idea. In practice, usually the only SO there is the wife of our leader. :( My wife does not even want to see me dressed at home, much less to be with me in public. I think the fact that she might be recognized worries her most. Also, if she's recognized and we're together, I'll be identified as well. My daughter is 29 yo, and is the only one of my three kids who know about Nikki. I am hopeful that she and I will be able to go out together sometime. She (at 6 ft tall) will be good cover for me (at 6'3") as well! :)

Krisi
07-03-2015, 08:42 AM
I suspect the key issue for some wives is, does my husband pass as a woman or is he obviously a man in a dress? Of course, that's the issue for many of us as well. If I were 6' 3" tall and 260 lb, I would not consider going out, at least where I could be seen. At 5' 8" tall and 180, I feel like I have a chance as long as I keep moving and don't make eye contact.

As I posted above, If I can get my wife to go out with me, it will be in another town, far from home. I think having another woman along reinforces the illusion that I am a female. Having a man along and holding hands would be even better but that's not going to happen.

Alice_2014_B
07-31-2015, 06:59 PM
Only once.
I have a whole thread about it with pictures.
I'm not sure if she will again though.
Nothing bad happened, but she did kind of feel weird.
It was a real unique and fun experience!
:)

cheryl reeves
08-01-2015, 01:22 AM
my wife was the one who got me out of the house,she even found us a group to go to,shopping,out to eat,etc..we been trying to find time to go out again for its been 12 yrs..sometimes life and family makes one take a breather.

pamela7
08-01-2015, 01:56 AM
It is a different experience when she does.
When alone I'm more aware/conscious of others, but also probably more dressed and more "out there".
When she comes along then I'm less aware of others, more interacting with her, but more andro in all likelihood, so less worried about others but more worried for her as she get worried by what others think.
Overall I prefer going out together, ideally at least in a dress; it's coming.

flatlander_48
08-01-2015, 07:05 AM
My wife was with me the first time that I went out dressed and actually she sort of dressed also. Halloween 2003. There was a showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show on the Cornell University campus. You could get in free if you crossdressed. She encouraged me to do this and the rest was downhill after that. Other than me underdressing, the next we went out together time was when we vacationed in Palm Springs, January 2014.

However, about midway between those 2 points in time, she suffered a spinal cord injury, resulting from a bicycle accident. We've gone out shopping once in recent times as I was looking to add to my wardrobe, but I wasn't dressed at the time. She has not gone with me to the various gatherings I've attended while dressed in recent times. She has a significant hearing deficiency and background noise, such as you get in bar, really hurts the effectiveness of hearing aides.

The next big event she will be in attendance for will be in October when I MC the fall event for our LGBT employee affinity group as DeeAnn. That'll be a trip...

I would also add that I cannot get dressed without my wife's assistance. I cannot put a wig on due to limited flexibility in my elbows and shoulders. There would be no DeeAnn without Pat.

DeeAnn

Belle Cri
08-01-2015, 07:29 AM
Always, always always. As snarky as I am in waiting for a stray comment, trust me you have never seen this particular Alaskan Joan of Arc in action. She has, quite literally, broken a bottle over a biker's head who thought I was a bit too sissy for his taste. When I go shopping, of course I take her. She hates to shop and generally has no taste for 'girly' things, unless of course I pick out her wardrobe and tell her exactly what to wear, etc., then she's all for it, lol, and goes off to work and brags that her husband not only cooks all these outrageous 5 stars meals because he's a little tired of international finance all day, but then also is her fashion consultant. At first the other women are utterly disbelieving, then having seen us together 'normally', they begin to put two and two together and ...

Apparently begin to entirely rethink their notions about CD husbands, which apparently in turn only worsens when they arrive home to Ed the Ogre belching on the couch in his t-shirt.

This is entirely anecdotally true. Stay the course.

Angela Marie
08-01-2015, 07:32 AM
My wife has been very supportive and went out with me a few times in the beginning. After that she stopped. As I said she is incredibly supportive in all other aspects; my going out alone, buying makeup, seeing a nice dress or outfit and knowing I would like it, etc. I respect her decision. We ask for tolerance from others; we should at least show the same to those who are supportive in 99% of our lifestyle but still have some inhibitions on the last 1%.

SandraB
08-01-2015, 09:53 AM
I've invited her on a few occassions and so far has declined. I hope she will one day.

Michelle_NY
08-01-2015, 10:40 AM
In my dreams also

Kathleen Ann Trees
08-01-2015, 10:56 AM
No. My wife's choice is to be nonsupportive.

CarlaWestin
08-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Unfortunately, no. She's one notch shy of go fornicate yourself as far as communication on that subject.

But, she's fine with everything else.

:straightface:

Sarah Doepner
08-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Before my wife got too sick she did go out with me a number of times, mostly to "safe" venues like support groups. But one magical time we went out in Las Vegas for mani-pedis, shopping for wigs, shoes, gambling, dinner and eventually a show. Since she passed away I can't even come close to that kind of support and love.

Maxi, you are in a wonderful relationship with amazing women. My best to you and especially to them.

LaSirenaBella
08-01-2015, 06:24 PM
She and I go out together most of the time, yes. She's also a good fashion critic.

Sometimes Steffi
08-01-2015, 10:05 PM
That's what happens when you're late to the party. Someone already used all of my answers.

My wife won't go with me and is afraid something will happen to me, never has!

Hugs, Bria

Solo here also. My SO wont talk about and only tolerates me for my 'hobby'.
Been my loving SO for 34 years but dislikes what i do.
No amount of soul talk had helped. We press on.

Seeing how some of you have an SO with you sharing your lifestyle is endearing to see.
Glad somebody is 'living the dream'

~Char

Hi Maxi, I really don't think that it's ever going to happen in this life time.:daydreaming:

Not even in a dream

I've invited her on a few occasions and so far has declined. I hope she will one day.

In my dreams also

Kevyn53
08-01-2015, 10:48 PM
My wife goes with me almost all the time. Ok, all the time. We just got back from 2 days in a city about 3 hours away. I dressed at home, we drove to the city, and a fabulous time shopping and a great dinner at a restaurant that my wife found out about. We spent the whole 2 days as "sisters-in-law" because our credit cards and checks all have both our names. We say we're sisters-in-law and have a business together. I think in our heads I'm married to her brother, she wouldn't want to be married to mine. Anyway, we just got home and BOTH had a great time. we have talked about me doing some trips without her, but we haven't gotten to that point yet. And she saves me from several fashion faux pas. Oh, and I missed out on a great pair of sparkly 4 inch heels that she thought I should have. I said no, then went back to the store and they were gone!

Jorja
08-01-2015, 10:49 PM
No, I don't have a wife. However, if you are really cute.....

jjjjohanne
08-02-2015, 06:46 AM
My not-so-supportive wife has only gone out with me five times that I can count. Once, I was in a costume and she did not know I was a crossdresser (we were dating). She helped me with my makeup and outfit. The second time, was Halloween. I convinced her to wear my clothes while I wore my pretty clothes. On that Halloween, we both presented as the other gender. The third time, I was wearing shorts and skin-toned pantyhose while we were on a long road trip. She noticed what I was wearing an hour into the trip. I wore the same sort of outfit on the second day of our trip, too. I wore shorts and hose on another road trip with her. Finally, a few Halloweens ago, she agreed to go ballroom dancing with us both crossdressed. I bought her an outfit that fit her. I already had something for me. We both presented our birth genders. I found that women do not mind dancing with a man in a dress. My wife did not mind how I was dressed. She looked into my eyes and smiled with such love at one point while dancing. It was such a nice moment. I was wearing a black dress and heels, dancing with the love of my life, she was loving me, and people were all around us. That turns out to be a bit of an addictive force! I have yearned for that kind of moment again. Unfortunately, she normally does not want to be near me when I wear hose and shorts at home.

Chrissy1966
08-02-2015, 01:36 PM
I don't go out but my wife has gone shopping with me. Today, we went to walmart (me, wife and son) and she picked up some panyhose and tights for me while I kept my son occupied in another part of the store. He's too young to ask why mommy is buying Queen plus size. LoL