PDA

View Full Version : The Right Daytime Shopping Look

Girly Sara
02-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi ya girls!

Was hoping for some help, please? I'm on the verge of going out shopping enfemme for the first time and was looking for some advice on what clothes you think would suit me please? My profile pix may help you to decide.

Apart from having a more 'daytime look' make over, i was thinking of either of the following two looks:

A cardigan with fur-trim neck over a camisole top, a boho-style skirt just above the knees and knee high boots

OR

A denim jacket over a blouse, t-shirt or cami top, denim skirt (above the knee but not mini) and knee high boots.

I'm unsure what type of bag to take with me too? Was maybe thinking of a shoulder bag in order to keep me upright, rather than a clutch bag for example. Also, was wondering how to have my hair?

E-mailed pix of suggestions would also be appreciated please. My e-mail address is: girly_sara@blueyonder.co.uk. Your feedback will be much appreciated girls and thanks for your time in advance!

Hugs from Sara xxxx

Tina Dixon
02-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Both are nice ideas, just keep it simple, don't need a show girl type of look, and short skirts is a no no, people always look at short skirts, I don't care if I ever wear a short skirt again my self.

Girly Sara
02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks for your feedback TJO :)

Sara xxxx

Tina Dixon
02-07-2006, 02:31 PM
As good looking as you are you could go in a Moo Moo and get away with it, but have fun, got to be a great feeling to be out dressed in public.

JoAnnDallas
02-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Remember, you want to blend in, not stand out. Ask your wife for suggestions. Also look what other GG shoppers are wearing.

Girly Sara
02-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Awww thanks for your compliment TJO...MWAH!!!

Thanks for your feedback too, joannplano. I do want to blend in but at the same time i want to wear clothes i feel comfortable in. I appreciate that wearing a mini skirt is not a wise move and would not wear one during the day.

Sara xxxx

Nikki Dee
02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi. Love...Think femme yes,...but a more minimalistic femme than you would perhaps otherwise...RG's don't go shopping in "glam"...they dress down really...sensible heels...minimum make-up etc...the trick is NOT to be noticed...which is always difficult for us girls I know...but force yourself.!!!!LOL...most importantly...have confidence and ENJOY.!!!...and definitely a shoulder bag as against a clutch bag...and one of the first things..make sure you get a plastic store type printed carrier bag...what could be more natural than to be carrying one of those.!!...Have a great time.
Love Nikki. x