PDA

View Full Version : Won First Prize

Ronah
06-30-2015, 06:02 AM
My SO is away for two weeks so I have been able to come out of the closet and play. I took the opportunity to attend a pleasant support group some 65 miles away that I have visited whenever the opportunity arose. They have a dress theme for each meeting and to my surprise I was awarded First Prize. Having read recently a long thread on question of Age, with 86 years under my belt I felt it quite an achievement in being the best dressed "gurl" there. Unfortunately a photo opportunity did not occur so I have no record of the event

Suzie Petersen
06-30-2015, 06:48 AM
That is wonderful! Good for you :)

BLUE ORCHID
06-30-2015, 07:04 AM
Hi Ronah, That's just so wonderful:hugs:, I'm just a youngster of 72, But I plan on dressing as long as I can.:daydreaming:

bridget thronton
06-30-2015, 08:06 AM
Congratulations

docrobbysherry
06-30-2015, 08:31 AM
U know what they say, Ronah, "If u don't have a photo it didnt------ Oh what the heck! Congrats!:thumbsup:

Jaylyn
06-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Wow congratulations, 86 years that gives me lots of hope I'm 65 and thought I was have aches n pains especially after I do something when I'm still thinking I'm 25 again. This gives me hope.

jigna
06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Wow congratulations

Teressa
06-30-2015, 10:10 AM
That is so wonderful. Congratulations. What was the dress theme?

Katey888
06-30-2015, 10:20 AM
Congratz Ronah! :cheer:

Well done you - that showed all us youngsters, eh...? ;)

Curious as to where the support group was - wondering if it was in Surrey as there's been one nearby I've been pondering on attending... no need to reveal if you don't wish... but I know they have themes... :)

Katey x

Leslie Langford
06-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Proving yet again that age is just a number...congratulations and well done, Ronah! :notworthy:- you are an inspiration to the rest of us Boomers here who sometimes feel that it is time to pack up this whole "crossdressing foolishness" thing, "man up", and (un)gracefully(?) slip into a curmudgeonly old age where our main preoccupation becomes chasing the young 'uns off the lawn... ;)

Bria
06-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Three cheers, Ronah, from a 74 year old, just keep on having fun!

Hugs, Bria

charlenemichaels
06-30-2015, 10:51 AM
Ronah - doing the happy dance for you!! Its refreshing and inspiring for many of us 'mature' CDs here!!

Wishing you a hearty round of applause!
~Char:)

My SO is away for two weeks so I have been able to come out of the closet and play. I took the opportunity to attend a pleasant support group some 65 miles away that I have visited whenever the opportunity arose. They have a dress theme for each meeting and to my surprise I was awarded First Prize. Having read recently a long thread on question of Age, with 86 years under my belt I felt it quite an achievement in being the best dressed "gurl" there. Unfortunately a photo opportunity did not occur so I have no record of the event

BabyTia
06-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Well Done! I have not yet had the chance and support or guts to go out in my CD clothes :( - Tia x

Ronah
06-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Katey888 - Your area - "old" Hampshire, has a great proliferation of very friendly support and meet groups, even a disco evening (not my scene). Unfortunately quite a distance for me, and insufficient opportunities. If you need more info just PM me.

Ronah