PDA

View Full Version : CD phone pic slip...

KittyD
07-01-2015, 03:21 AM
A few years back I had a long time friend over many years.
Nice enough guy and I actually lived with him for a while in a shared house.
Many years pasted and we caught up with each other and he came over to my house and sat and chatted like you do.
My partner was there and things were as normal, until he asked to see a few pictures on my phone of some horror zombie makeup that I had been working on.
As I carefully went through my photos on my phone I found the photos and leaned forwards and showed him what I thought were my zombie make up photos... until my partner quick said.
"No that's your girl" Some how with my big clumsy man hands and turning the phone around to show him, I had flipped or moved the photos forward to a single picture of Kate grinning happily.
The reply from the once long time friend was ".....O....K...!"
Never saw him again... shame but that's the level of some people I guess.

Have you ever had a CD phone pic slip?

Kate :doh:

Erika Lyne
07-01-2015, 03:41 AM
Kate,

I have but not that devastating.

I did the exact same thing. I went to show a picture to a work colleague and accidentally flipped the the screen to the next photo. It was a black and white of just my legs in a very suggestive selfie pose. I recovered, "Ahhhh...it is nice to have a seriously flirtatious female friend that is confident enough to know that her pics are there to make me want to go home and jump my wife." He laughed, never suspecting a thing.

Teeheehee,

Hugs,
-E

Sarah-RT
07-01-2015, 04:26 AM
Thankfully not, I always did have the worry of friends seeing pictures of me but since my circle of friends all know and have seen pictures that problem is gone. My sister or mom would occasionally ask to use the Internet on my phone which used to panic me, especially if they typed anything in with a C but my sister knows now and I know my mom is aware so all those problems are gone. Just the few times I would show a work colleague or someone else a picture that I get that concern

Marcelle
07-01-2015, 05:55 AM
Hi Kitty,

Unfortunate slip . . . sorry to hear that. However, give him time as he might just need time to synthesize the discovery. However, I did not note in your post that he said anything about him thinking you were CD. He could have just thought it was you experimenting with theatrical make-up looks.

Isha

Krisi
07-01-2015, 06:11 AM
There's a lesson to be learned here - never take or keep pictures of yourself with your phone that you wouldn't want anyone to see. Buy yourself an actual digital camera and use that for your "private" photos.

Cameras actually work better than telephones for taking photographs anyway.

Curiosity666
07-01-2015, 06:28 AM
I'll share a handy trick I learned if you happen to have an android phone.

Store all your CD photos in one album, then find that albums folder in a file browser (an app such as "my files", most handsets ship with one installed). They're usually under Device>Pictures>*folder name*

If you put a "." in front of the name, it will "hide" the folder. So rename it from "CD Pics" to ".CD Pics" (make sure you have "show hidden files and folders" selected in the options. Otherwise you won't be able to find it to get them back! D: )

You will now find that the photos have vanished from any of your galleries. To get them back, simply remove the "." using the same method!

Hope you gals find this helpful!

Debra Russell
07-01-2015, 11:42 AM
I down loaded an app "Quick Pic" to my phone - easy, allows hidden pass word protected files --- really - and I let anyone use my phone because all those cd pics are not visible - try it ..................................Debra

Jaylyn
07-01-2015, 12:02 PM
I use a small camera that I can just upload to my computer, then I have a flash drive to upload them to and then erase them from my computer. I can recall any of them to work on or enlarge, photoshop back grounds out lighten, and etc. I keep the flash drive in a separate place from my computer. Little chance of it ending up in the wrong hands by mistake. Just be sure to delete all photo sessions from the camera and so far this has worked great. I know nothing is 100% safe if your not out but this is hoops I go go thru to get a picture...

jigna
07-01-2015, 12:12 PM
I never keep any record of my CD photos.
Just store in a Flash drive and keep it in the office.

Lauri K
07-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I suppose it could bite me in the butt someday, but I am proud of my pictures and do not go to any extremes to hide them.

If someone accidently does see them, oh well I will have some explaining to do if they connect the dots.

But the comments here for those that need to keep them hidden are very good solutions.

KittyD
07-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Yeah some good advice if you wish to hide your photos and what not :D
But it was some time back now and now I just put myself out there anyways and stuff anyone who doesn't like it... I do and that is all that matters :D
Thanks Lauri :)

Hell on Heels
07-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Hell-o Kate,
Oh hell yeah I've had that happen!
That's how my SO came to know that I CD.
Thankfully she's open minded, and is trying to understand it.
Now she's seen all of my pics, and I don't have to stress out every
time she picks up my phone.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Samantha Clark
07-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Horrors! I delete my phone photos after importing them to iPhoto on my laptop. Then I move them all to "hidden" and select "hide hidden album". May not be perfect but it keeps them from being inadvertently displayed.

Just don't show pics in the album called "All Photos"!

Krisi
07-01-2015, 02:53 PM
I do what Jaylyn does. I used to have a password protected flash drive but it won't work with Windows 7. I had to dig out an old laptop running windows XP to remove the protection so I could see my old photos. I bought a new flash drive that's supposed to be password protected but it didn't work for photos so now it's just hoping my wife won't find the flash drive and put it in the computer. If anyone knows of a password protected flash drive that works well with windows 7, please let me know.

Tabitha_Lynn
07-01-2015, 03:02 PM
My phone pics are stored in a protected/locked photo vault. I have also kept some on an encrypted flash drive.

charlenemichaels
07-01-2015, 03:14 PM
This is very important. All my pics and such on the computer are protected.
My phone - not so much!

Thanks for the reminder. i need to clean up my pics on the phone. There is over 600 pics which i need to
offload and put away.

The camera idea is good too and usually with me most days.

Always careful or my phone never leaves my hand.

This is so easy to overlook thank you !!
You just saved a sister a ton of dread and headache!!

~Charlene.

Michelle 78
07-01-2015, 03:17 PM
This hasn't happened to me yet, I do have a couple of Michelle's pictures on my phone but I make sure it never leaves my side. I have lots on my ipad, but it is locked out and I never let anybody else use it.

Princess Ludwyna
07-01-2015, 06:08 PM
A few advices concerning smartphone pics.

1-) there are apps to password folders or hide pics.
2-) I suggest you don't keep pics but zip files instead that you unzip only when needed.
3-) use a password protected / hide cloud to store those files instead of your phone.

On my blackberry q10 that's what I do and never had a problem.

You can encrypt them too, use weird folder names (and not store them in the camera or pic folder) but if you're too paranoid, then maybe it's better not to store anything on a device someone could steal you.
Hope this helps.

Plan B : if you get caught, claim it was a fun cosplay session or even better carnival evening.

Donnagirl
07-01-2015, 06:28 PM
I've advised this before I know, but I accidentally sent a picture of me dressed via text to a work colleague rather than my wife... An occupational hazard when trying to conduct two text conversations at the same time. Can't really complain though, it was the catalyst for me to start 'coming out'.
Now, well as everyone knows the girls here at work want to see the pics if I've been out so they can critique and offer suggestions (read; hassle me about age appropriate, heel height, skirt length etc....)
My wife now has a picture of us out to dinner as her smartphone 'background'. She has had to field off a few questions, but I tell her just to let everyone know it's me...

JessicaJHall
07-01-2015, 09:29 PM
I do not put my lovely, stunning, gorgeous, provocative, game-changing and earth-shattering :rolleyes: pics on my phone, and I have a separate account for all this on the Macbook.
But what about backups to an external drive you may ask? Can anyone not peruse such leavings? Well my dear pretties, not if you encrypt the backup or thumb drive.
Instructions on how to encrypt external drives for your particular system are easy to find right here on the interwebbings.
Just don't forget the password!:eek:

Melody A
07-01-2015, 10:37 PM
No pictures but I have opened my browser within eye shot of others, realizing that the last site accessed was this one. Luckily, the text is small enough that no one could tell what it was.

Sandie70
07-01-2015, 11:54 PM
I don't keep my CD photos on my phone. But my computers are another story entirely. That's why I keep each one secured with a password. I am out to almost everyone these days and I have pictures all over the internet, but there are a few friends who don't know and who I am not yet ready to share my secret with. Because of that I have to be careful when I have a browser open showing nothing but ads on the side for high heels, panties, bras, dresses and almost anything else I have surfed in the days before. Anyone who understands how we are tracked online, can discover a lot about someone by checking out what comes up in the ads on their computer.

Nikki Heat
07-01-2015, 11:56 PM
My wife found Nikki's photo as my wallpaper when she answered my phone. She asked me to replace it, which I did, but I still have 20 or so of my best photos on my phone! I wouldn't have it any other way!

How else are you going to show off to your new friends, girls at the clubs, or even curious sales ladies??? I LOVE looking at my pictures! I'm proud of them and they brighten my day whenever I look at them!