PDA

View Full Version : Question about pantyhose & tights

Petra1
02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
When I buy hose or tights, I apply my height & weight to the chart on the back of the packaging. The problem is, I'm a tad overweight. I am finding that the waistline on my hose and tights always end up rolling. Is this common for CD's & GG's alike? Or am I buying the wrong size? I'm 5'8", 200 lbs.

Thanks,

Petra

LeeCD
02-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi Petra:
I had the same problem since I am 6'2" and 240lbs. I have had a lot of luck with JustMySize pantyhose. Likewise, WoMan makes wonderful pantyhose for men...see the web site "mytights.com" and you will be amazed at what's out there. In any case, you want the waist band to be above your belly line and take care not to tighten your belt too much. I'm sure you'll find that when you wear a skirt or dress, the pantyhose don't roll. That's the key.

Good luck and let me know how you like the site.
Lee

Felicity
02-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I think anything will roll that has a smaller diameter to travel to. Have you tried the ones that are advertised as 'low rise' or ones advertises for hip-huggers? They naturally sit lower. On me, the band is at where other roll to. I have the same problem at 5-11/185 lbs with the regular hose.

kristytv
02-07-2006, 05:47 PM
i have been buying the just my size stuff, usually from one of their outlet stores

pauleen
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
some do some dont depends on the manufacture,just my size is good .

kaitlin
02-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Hi, I am 5'8" 220, I buy the queen size in most all panty hose brands. Most all of them do roll some at the waist, I go ahead and roll them some when I put them on just to get ahead of there game. (haha) Another thing I do is to move the toe seam back under the ball of my foot then pull them up tight, no seam gives alot better look. Got to show off those pretty painted toes!! Have a good day!!! Kaitlin

Petra1
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Hi Petra:
I had the same problem since I am 6'2" and 240lbs. I have had a lot of luck with JustMySize pantyhose. Likewise, WoMan makes wonderful pantyhose for men...see the web site "mytights.com" and you will be amazed at what's out there. In any case, you want the waist band to be above your belly line and take care not to tighten your belt too much. I'm sure you'll find that when you wear a skirt or dress, the pantyhose don't roll. That's the key.

Good luck and let me know how you like the site.
Lee

Thanks for the tips, Lee. The rest of you, too. The waistline of the hose does go over most of my belly, but it still rolls, whether I'm wearing pants, dress or skirt.

Lindahexi
02-07-2006, 06:59 PM
I buy mine in Tesco's Supermarket, I'm 5' 7" and buy the medium size ones, they fit nicely and feel great; I pull them up as high as I can, usually above my navel, they never roll on me when stretched that high up.

TGMarla
02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm right in between a B and a Q. *Sob!* I may have to go with Q. Mine have a tendency to roll as well, and I really hate it.

Or I could actually attempt to lose the gut around the middle. Sigh! The good ideas are always a pain in the patoot.

Kathi-Anne
02-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Pantyhose are a lot like clothes. You have to determind what make you want to wear. Some manufacturers sizes and lengthe are different. I had to experiment which ones fit me best.
I also purchase from www.mytights.com. they have a lot of sizes for tall people. I also go to Fine Image hosiery. They have a few XTall sizes that go to 6'3 amd also up to 270 Lbs.

Butterfly Bill
02-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Are you stopping at "queen size", or are you looking at the X sizes? (1X,2X, etc. aka "plus sizes")

If you are on a borderline on the height-weight chart, always get the larger size. You could even try one size larger than the chart recommends. I can fit into Hanes 2x, but I have found that 3X still stay snug but dont have to stretch as much, resulting in their staying up longer and being more comfortable to have on for several hours.

I have also found the Hue has relatively low waistlines, and I buy them one size larger that what the h-w charts say.

Lisa Maren
02-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm 5'4" and 105 lbs (don't hate me) and I have the same problem. I'll try puilling them up higher, I guess. I think the problem is that the sides of any human body aren't perfectly vertical.

Hugs,
Lisa

MarieTS
02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Petra, unfortunately almost all pantyhose roll at the wasit line. There are only two things I'm aware of that will eliminate this.
Sometimes tucking your blouse into the hose can work because the skin of your tummy contributes to the rolling.
The best option is to find a brand that has an extra wide waistband, usually around 2+ inches.

Felicity
02-08-2006, 02:33 AM
LeeCD is right about the ones that go above the belly. I have a pair that sit about 6" to 8" above my belly button and they don't roll. They are one of the more expensive brands, Givenchy. These ones were a control top with a very sheer leg. They were $20+ a pair also, but they are great... They don't roll!

Julia Cross
02-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Trial and error, and eventually you will discover what works for you. PH styles and fit are as varied as the bodies they will adorn.

Julia