PDA

View Full Version : GG Has a Question.. Why the word Sissy??

Stacie_Kimmi'sGG
07-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi everyone. First Im hoping this type of question is even allowed here? I have wondered this for several years. I see a lot of the use of the word "Sissy" on Pinterest in quotes and dressing among other places online. As a GG , an SO of a CD, I find it a complete turn off in all aspects. The idea of the dressing like a little girl, or in a little Bo-Peep outfits, pictures of young boys dressed in said costumes referred to as Sissys etc..or just calling one selves a sissy. Its such an old word from when we were in grade school in 1960, Just curious.......Am I in the minority?

CONSUELO
07-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I have always found it to be a rather nasty term. As a child my memory is that it was used to criticise certain behaviours of both girls and boys and yet another weapon of conformity.
You mention those who like to dress as young girls and call themselves "sissy". I don't know much about that "community" but I suspect that they take pleasure in adopting a pejorative, rather like male homosexuals adopting the word "queer" which used to be used as an insult against them.

AngelaYVR
07-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I'm with you on this one and find the whole thing a bit skin crawling. Mind you, I'm sure I could find some people who thought the same of what I do. But it definitely lives down at the fetish end of the spectrum.

Stephanie A
07-04-2015, 11:42 AM
What a turnoff is right. It is very much a put down. It can kill self-esteem in young boys. I remember the feeling I had when I was called that as a youngster.

RADER
07-04-2015, 11:47 AM
First is to welcome Stacie to our forum, Glad you found us.
As for the word "Sissy", I too find it a demeaning word.
I am not sure how it came about, but remembering hearing it
way back in Grade School as a very demeaning name calling
incident.
In Short, I do not like it.
Rader

Crissy Kay
07-04-2015, 12:15 PM
Interesting question, and welcome to the forum Stacie. "Sissy' could also be cosidered as a type or style of dressing. Basicly anything that is very frilly and fem can be sissy. I really do not think of myself as an old school kind of sissy, as I am a part time cd only, and have other interests. I suppose you could make up a new term, and call cds who like frilly clothes, "costume" cds, instead of sissy, or fetish. I rather prefer that, as it more directly descibes me.
Anyway, hope that helps, and enjoy your stay on the forums.

NicoleScott
07-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Stacie, there are some words, like certain racial or sexual slurs, that most people think are never appropriate to use. Some words are only offensive when they are used inappropriately, and sissy is one of them, at least in my opinion. Others think it is always offensive and should never be used.
Sissy can be either a lifestyle, role play, or fashion style. For me, it is only a dressup style. When I put on my maid's outfit, I have no objection to being called a sissy maid. A sissy (little girl's) dress is still on my wish list. Call me a sissy when I wear it, if I ever get one.
When I wear "regular" women's clothing, it wouldn't be appropriate (or accurate) to call me a sissy, but getting offended is a choice, and I choose to not get offended.

Katey888
07-04-2015, 12:30 PM
Hi Stacie,

I think it's been alluded to already here, 'sissy' is commonly used in a fetish or BDSM connotation as a particular style of dressing and activity... :eek:

We don't see it much around here but it will crop up a lot more on other sites that cater for that side of life... ;) We tend to be more in the 'femulator' category here although we do support all sorts of crossdressers on the site... I think the BDSM lifestyle folk tend to be more into doing stuff than talking about what we chat about here... if you catch my drift... And yeah - does nix for me either, but to each their own...

Katey x

Jenniferathome
07-04-2015, 01:06 PM
I agree with you completely. I can't understand it and the word itself is derogatory to me.

Jocelyn Quivers
07-04-2015, 01:13 PM
Never been a fan of the word, it kind of reminds of an insult from some old western movie leading to a bar room/saloon brawl. "You ride your horse like a sissy!!!!" followed by broken windows, flying bodies, turned over tables etc.

Isabella Ross
07-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Hmmm...don't you think we should show some tolerance and avoid rushing to judgement here? I'd hazard a guess that there are many here on this forum who enjoy the word "sissy" and everything that it entails. Personally, I don't have an issue with the word or CDs who have a sissy or submissive nature while dressed, providing it's all in the context of good clean fun. Not really sure that any of us here need to be this close-minded...

Judith96a
07-04-2015, 01:23 PM
I am very much a femulating CD. Ordinarily I have zero interest in presenting as anything other than a (hopefully reasonably stylish) 'normal' woman.

However (serious blushing here, hope that I don't get my "femulator credentials" revoked ;) ), I must admit that if the opportunity presented itself to do so in a safe environment I might quite enjoy getting dressed up in an uber-feminine, outrageously frilly outfit - the sort of thing that only an excessively precocious twelve-year old prissy 'princess' would wear! :o :o :o Just for a bit of fun you understand! Didn't get to do things like that when I WAS 12! In that context, it would be appropriate to describe me as a sissy.

However, mostly the word 'sissy' is used by bullies to belittle others, in which case it is wholly inappropriate.

Of course, to those who don't understand (and maybe don't really want to be bothered) we may all appear to be "just a bunch of big sissies" (in the most pejorative sense). THAT is a whole other conversation!

LilSissySteve,
Saw your post (without taking any notice of your name) and was about to retort - THEN saw your name! Nice One!

LilSissyStevie
07-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Just cuz a guy sometimes likes to dress up like a girl and fantasize about servicing big strong hunks and/or Dominatrices doesn't make him a queer or a sissy. Sheesh!

Sarasometimes
07-04-2015, 02:39 PM
I agree that sisy is not an endearing term and I'm not into it at all. I have posted often about the lack of an endearing term for a male who has and wants the world to know he has feminine qualities and interests. Whether it is a andro/fem taste in clothes or if he is the male version of a tomboy.

Candice June Lee
07-04-2015, 03:00 PM
This is one of those touchy subjects. Some like it some dont, some dont care either way. It is usually used in fetish instances more than not. And that is what is being catered to on tumblr, pinterst, and the like. I am not sure i would let it get under my skin to much. Unless someone is really using it as a derogatory statement in outing your love.

Jason+
07-04-2015, 03:08 PM
I think the problem with "sissy" is the connotations each person brings for themselves with it. Growing up it was just another volley in the uncountable barrage, long before a dress of any style was on the radar. When I first turned to the internet (insert groans here) to try and learn about me it's a term you couldn't avoid in the searches. It could mean anything from a man who dressed in nothing feminine but liked to be submissive all the way through the full on sissy dress and taskings (if such a thing could exist.)

For me and only me the connotation that steers me way from it is one of my two standards for fair game in what people do in life i.e. consenting and adult. Clearly an adult in a sissy, Lolita or little girl dress or role who isn't involved in anything wrong with an actual non-adult is no more wrong or right than any other given direction but much like how many feel about the way I go about things it isn't for me. It's a line for me that needs to stay clear and distinct.

However (serious blushing here, hope that I don't get my "femulator credentials" revoked ;) ), I must admit that if the opportunity presented itself to do so in a safe environment I might quite enjoy getting dressed up in an uber-feminine, outrageously frilly outfit - the sort of thing that only an excessively precocious twelve-year old prissy 'princess' would wear! :o :o :o Just for a bit of fun you understand! Didn't get to do things like that when I WAS 12! In that context, it would be appropriate to describe me as a sissy

There is something to be said for some of things you might not have been able to experience at for lack of a better way to put it an age appropriate time in life. I can see the draw for Judith on this one. While I discovered this whole concept at 12 years old I was well into adulthood before I was able to explore it more fully. A few decades past a sweet 16 party. :o

Tracii G
07-04-2015, 03:12 PM
I look at it as a style of CD ing more than anything.
Fetish related end of the CD spectrum.
I don't like the term personally but if someone likes that style that is A OK with me.
In the 50' 60's, 70's for a male that term was very derogatory.
I'm sure some would view gay men as "sissies" but let them say that to my face LOL.

docrobbysherry
07-04-2015, 03:18 PM
I don't like the term applied to myself. Even tho folks here refer to me as a "fetish" dresser. Altho I've seen many dressers using the term? It's them referring to themselves or their fantasies. I can't recall ever seeing anyone calling someone else a sissy.

As others stated, I believe it's a common, submissive fantasy or lifestyle for some BDSM dressers. The topic hasn't been, and probably shouldn't be, discussed in depth on this site. Because cd.com in NOT Fetlife!:battingeyelashes:

Marcelle
07-04-2015, 03:51 PM
Hi Stacie,

If the term is used to belittle, demean or insult someone without their acquiescence then I would hazard a guess that it would not be welcomed by any gender. However, I think in the world of cross dressing it speaks to a particular style which some may wish to exhibit in order to derive please/emotional release or just plain fun. It take all kinds to make the world turn and whatever floats your boat is fine by me so long as it doesn't hurt others and you play nice.

Cheers

Isha

NicoleScott
07-04-2015, 03:53 PM
That's true, Doc, but it can be discussed here in the context of clothing style apart from any other aspect (activities). I have some outfits I consider "specialty" clothing, and I wear them for no other reason than they are so darned cute. Sissy is a good word when used properly.

Barbara Black
07-04-2015, 04:10 PM
I certainly don't like the term the way it is commonly used, as derogatory, demeaning, etc. That's the part of it we grew up with in most cases. But the 'fetish' side, wearing girlish or childish clothing and being subservient is purely a lifestyle chosen or driven into by being subservient. The two are really not interchangable. One not necessarily derogatory but willingly accepted.

docrobbysherry
07-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Maybe for u, Nicole, but not me. I have created many photo themes with Sherry as a bondage maid or in other kinky costumes. In fetish poses not suitable for this site.

But, even tho Sherry is often in submissive, or worse, situations? I never think of or refer to her as a "sissy". Possibly because women aren't referred to that way? Only men. And then, it's either used in a derogatory fashion or in a fetish context. I think of Sherry as a female. Also, being thot of as a sissy is not one of my fetishes.

I don't think costumes of any kind r, "sissy style". Child like, maid, or otherwise. Unless using that term blows your hair back? My 2 cents anyway!:devil:

Young girl with toy bunny. Not a sissy.

Tracii G
07-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Thats cute Sherry.

Sarah-RT
07-04-2015, 07:57 PM
Yeah I dislike the phrase too, as mentioned by others we appear to be more in the femulator area of crossdressing.

Sarah x

adrienner99
07-04-2015, 09:41 PM
It's a fantasy for some, a lifestyle for a few, and most of us here do not identify with the term at all--though plenty of ignorant, macho men might call me one. Yes, i dress in womens clothes but am not a sissy...i am also fine with anyone who enjoys that syndrome...no judging from me. But consider also... I think one small reason i dress is to escape the conventional pressures most males feel. I am not aggressive or overly confrontational tho years of my life demanded that behavior. If sissy is one end of a scale, the other end is much worse.

sometimes_miss
07-04-2015, 09:42 PM
I think that the use of the word sissy tends to reflect the guilt we feel about being girl-like. We're brought up to believe that it's the worst thing we can be, and indeed, so bad that some may need to imagine that a woman take the responsibility for our desires (forced feminization fantasies) or castigate us for wanting to be feminine, by referring to us in a demeaning term such as 'sissy'. I went through this stage when I was in adolescence, wishing my older sister and/or her friends, or a girl at school, would somehow discover that I was crossdressing and punish me by having me dress up and do what she told me, or challenge me to dress up as a girl and then hide my male clothing so that I couldn't change back, then tease me about secretly wanting to be a girl and referring to me as a sissy. All because we feel guilty about something that we shouldn't have to. 100 years ago, women were made to feel guilty about wearing pants. We've progressed past that. Maybe someday we'll be able to dress pretty without being made fun of. But I probably won't live long enough to see it.

MissTee
07-04-2015, 10:15 PM
There are a whole lot of folk in the groups Iknow that would call a man dressing like a woman a sissy. Nothing really to do with little girls. I don't refer to myself as sissy, and find the term a bit demeaning.

Valery L
07-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Such a beautiful word!, I do not see why it is a turn off for you.

LexiNexi
07-04-2015, 11:26 PM
I like it because it's kind of degrading, but then again I am a masochist. I dress because it feels to be against the norm, I think.

Sandie70
07-04-2015, 11:35 PM
The word "sissy" takes me back to the 1950's when kids would use the word as a dare... "go ahead and jump, don't be such a sissy." Kids back then usually used the word as a substitute for "scaredy pants" or "chicken" - equating timid behavior to be girly-like (sissy). This was so, even though I had a number of girl cousins who could whip my butt any day.

And then, as we got older it was a derogatory term for a boy who was effeminate - suggesting he was homosexual. And, of course, many gays also define extremely effeminate fellow gays as sissies.

Personally, I look at the word as offensive, and also misleading as far as crossdressers are concerned. If you inhabit an alter-ego as a woman, you are aiming to be effeminate, but could no more be called a "sissy" than a beautiful GG would. And if you called a GG a sissy, you can bet your bottom dollar she would be offended by the use of the word. When I dress, I feel like a woman - and would never venture that I, in any way, am a "sissy."

But when all is said and done... it's just a word. The only way it can hurt you is if you let it.

Piora
07-04-2015, 11:39 PM
I hate the term with a passion. I agree with everyone else who are saying it's demeaning, because it is. Some clothing sites that cater specifically to crossdressers reference certain articles as "sissy". I just can't get past it.

TrishaTX
07-04-2015, 11:52 PM
I have to be honest, i doesn't bother me. If that is what someone thinks of me fine...I don't see it as a bad or good word.

Jazzy Jaz
07-05-2015, 03:25 AM
Although i have some fetish/submissive interests i dont care for the word, definately also turns me off, but to each their own and everyone has the right to identify themselves how they choose.

Teresa
07-05-2015, 04:19 AM
Stacie,
First of all welcome, I hope you stick around for a while as we appear to be losing GG members, and I find it a bit of a leveler to get a GGs opinion when I question my wife's attitude to my CDing.

As many have said if the word is used in an abusive way then most of us will dislike it but that can apply to many words especially in our community !
Having your father call you a sissy was probably the biggest insult most young boys had to live with, you could always get back at school friends but not at your father !

Some actually enjoy being sissified and lets face when you visit those sites most are run by women who make good money out of it, I guess some enjoy it to satisfy their own kinks !
I'm guilty of a liking some of the frilly stuff as you'd find if you dig back in the picture section, I have fond memories of my sister's full petticoats and the feeling of all that froth around the knees !
I may ruffle a few feathers but when you look back women looked like women I don't mean that in a demeaning way, but after the austerity of the war women really jumped on the femininity band wagon which carried right through the sixties . It is slightly saddening to see how much fashion has changed, perhaps it will go full circle and women will tire of wearing trousers and jeans .
As I said in a thread a while ago the person you pass in the street must be a CDer because he's the only one wearing a skirt !

NickyLycra
07-05-2015, 05:18 AM
I can see your point Stacie, and looking at it from your eyes, how could you not be repulsed.
Sadly much of society also attach those beliefs to very images you describe with all crossdressing.
I'm curious, when your SO came out to you were they the first images that came to mind for you?

Minorities have all had their fair share of twisted descriptions, if you choose to look hard enough it's possible to fill your head with all sorts of disasters.

However, on the other hand hopefully here in your search you can also find acceptance that the only difference between a guy wanting to be pretty and a woman wanting to be macho is your state of mind and your own personal beliefs. Both of which you have the choice to change if you're open to it.

AnnieMac
07-05-2015, 06:02 AM
I agree that sisy is not an endearing term and I'm not into it at all. I have posted often about the lack of an endearing term for a male who has and wants the world to know he has feminine qualities and interests. Whether it is a andro/fem taste in clothes or if he is the male version of a tomboy.

That's because the general public does not find it endearing. I actually prefer the term sissy to transvestite. I find it a little cuter, and in no way offensive.

JamieG
07-05-2015, 06:49 AM
Yes, there are definitely people who like the term and like to dress in over-the-top little girl fashions. However, I think it's a bit hypocritical for this community, to point at them and go, "Eww. Now those people are messed up." To each their own.

Personally, I dislike the term "sissy" with a passion. I'd rather be called "tranny" than "sissy," and that's saying something: unless it is used by good friends in a jocular manner, "tranny" is an extremely insulting word. This might be due to my personal history. I was often called a sissy as a kid, and I hated it so much, that I tried to bury all my feminine mannerisms for a long time.

Robbin_Sinclair
07-05-2015, 06:54 AM
Sissy is one of those words that is very derrogatory. When said in the context of sexual arrousal, people find that it can be a turn on. Like "*****", "****", etc. It is part of role playing. Eventually, some may form this as an identity.

:hugs: robbin

in edit,
p.s. I see two words did not print. They were the derrogatory terms for prostitute (beginning with a "w" and a four letter word for vile GG beginning with "s".
Always happy with this site. Very professional.

Krisi
07-06-2015, 09:23 AM
It's a term used for a sexual fetish. I don't like or or use it. For me, dressing as a woman is not a sexual fetish. And I have no clothing that would not be worn by an adult woman under normal circumstances.

Giselle(Oshawa)
07-06-2015, 10:00 AM
i too am offended by the term "sissy" many girls both ts's and cd's have served in combat missions in the military
and are anything but "sissy's"
i don't dress to "demasculate" myself but rather to match my feelings on the inside of me.

Trishpdxcd2
07-06-2015, 10:01 AM
Hi Stacie,

I think it's been alluded to already here, 'sissy' is commonly used in a fetish or BDSM connotation as a particular style of dressing and activity... :eek:

We don't see it much around here but it will crop up a lot more on other sites that cater for that side of life... ;) We tend to be more in the 'femulator' category here although we do support all sorts of crossdressers on the site... I think the BDSM lifestyle folk tend to be more into doing stuff than talking about what we chat about here... if you catch my drift... And yeah - does nix for me either, but to each their own...

Katey x

I think Katey summed it up really well. I associate it with a particular kind of fetish and to each their own. Many people associate dressing with a fetish and I understand that as well. Now if someone generally uses that term in reference to cd's then that is offensive and they need to be educated.

Jaylyn
07-06-2015, 10:14 AM
I really don't like the term sissy because of my upbringing . A sissy was always the kid who couldn't or was too scared to to take the dare. We grew up thinks a person that was a scaredy cat. I now know that as has been said its a term also for a fetish type of CD. I think from searching other sites the dressing is more elaborate. Some even look child like. Really doesn't appeal to my tastes but I know my tastes in dressing doesn't appeal to others also. To each his own but remember we all are CD to an extent.

Gwinnie
07-06-2015, 10:35 AM
I think it's similar to a racial slur in some context. But also a clothing style. I'll admit that if given the opportunity to wear one of those dresses in a safe environment I would jump at the chance. Absurd amount of ruffles, lace, puffy sleeves? Yes please!!!

Gwendolyn

BillieJoEllen
07-06-2015, 10:47 AM
These days the term 'sissy' doesn't bother me. When I was growing up the term was applied to me probably thousands of times by relatives (some very close). I didn't know what to do. Inside I felt like a girl but my outward appearance said boy. I had no idea how to fix the problem. I believe my mother would tell certain people that I had to wear my sister's undies because my boy undies were dirty. I was baptized at three and a half years old wearing the prettiest most dainty gown one could imagine and it seemed like everyone knew that my mother would use me as a dress model for a girl cousin from time to time. There are numerous other instances that occurred also. I always strove to be as 'macho' as possible.

About 11 or twelve years ago or whenever the JCPenney company stopped selling wedding dresses and bridesmaids gowns I was down in their resale shop and noticed they had petticoats for sale for I think it was $6.00. Since I didn't have one I decided to buy one. I've always wanted to do and wear what girls wore when I was younger and petticoats were all the rage back when I was a young boy. After trying it on and wearing a full dress with it I was hooked on 'revisiting' my childhood. I came to realize that this was what they are now calling a sissy. So in that respect I don't really mind the term and don't\find it offensive at all. The term 'transvestite' I find to be the most offensive term in the English language.

Cheryl T
07-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Stacie,
You are most certainly not alone. I totally dislike that term as it not only refers to those you mentioned that like the "little girl" look, but also in a derogatory way to all of us.
I dislike all labels in general, but this one in particular. Those that enjoy that style of clothing may or may not like the term, I don't know. If they enjoy dressing that way, good for them. We all have our specific tastes, but for the public to apply that term to all of us I find distasteful at the least.

pamela7
07-06-2015, 01:36 PM
I don't think we should accept normal society's labels, especially old 1960's labelling of feminine males (sissy). The term these days means a particular form of dress and behaviour/sexual interaction, called sissy or cissy; we even have several maybe hundreds of members putting sissy into the name/id here.

So, while I don't like the term as used in school in the 70's, now its re-specified, its not a problem for me at all, and I don't feel we should judge anyone else here for using the word to describe their orientation. Same with other sub-genres, we accept and welcome all.

xxx Pamela

linda booth
07-06-2015, 02:18 PM
I've bought a number of vintage clothing items from ebay. If the seller uses the term sissy, I don't go there. I find the term demeaning.

Erika Lyne
07-06-2015, 02:30 PM
So, while I don't like the term as used in school in the 70's, now its re-specified, its not a problem for me at all, and I don't feel we should judge anyone else here for using the word to describe their orientation. Same with other sub-genres, we accept and welcome all.

I think this line from Pam says it best. The term of the 60s and 70s is a derogatory term for males who didn't fit into a stereotypical male mold or did not perform as brave. However, ther term has been "repurposed" and is now a welcomed title to those who like to dress in very frilly clothing, almost doll-like. I was on occation insulted as a child by being called a "sissy" and I would immediately retaliate in a very over-the-top aggressive manner.

Didn't get to do things like that when I WAS 12

Now, I also think that it may be true that at the time on our entering into awareness that boys and girls are dressed different that we, as CDers, never had the chance to live in that style of clothing. Judith96 has skimmed this thought by saying she "didn't get to wear these things when she WAS 12." I myself, have such a fixation but not to "Sissy" attire. (Although, I do wish I had the chance to "outgrow" the style.)

So, I think the term used in a derogatory manner is very much an insult. However, when used by someone to describe something about themself it is less insulting. It should not be used by someone outside of thier own labeling. Those on the other sites and even those here who say they are into the "Sissy" genre, we know what they are aiming for but THEY said it, THEY called themselves that, THEY are happy in the persona and it can be assumed that THEY are ok with the label.

I'm guessing that a comparison is the way that in certain circles of African Americans it is ok for them to call themselves a certain very derogatory word but NOT suitable for people outside their own circles to do so. I do not, will not and refuse to use the word specifically because I do not believe the current "purpose" of the word has any use in normal lexicon. "Sissy" too can be very derogatory word and is viewed as such by the general public, as it is to many on the forum here but if someone is referring themselves as such or referring to their clothing preferences as such then, who am I to judge? After all, I don't exactly subscribe to societal norms either.

I hope this helps and welcome to the site. It is very informative, sometimes opinionated but always supportive. Just remeber, you are not alone and we welcome a supportive GG SO. So, feel free to ask away. Just be ready to filter through many of the responses to find what fits your needs. Everyone's story is a little different and many have lots in common but it is your life as well as your SOs. You two need to live up to your needs.

-Erika

PS: another "repurposed" word: "ap" used to mean "appetizer" not a handy cell phone gadget-program! Language is always moving.

LilSissyStevie
07-07-2015, 03:59 PM
A "sissy" is merely a male that engages in what is perceived as feminine behavior. Dressing up in women's clothing qualifies. The thugs on the playground in grade school didn't call me a sissy because I came to school dressed up like Little Bo Peep. It was because I cried when they punched me in the face. Real boys don't cry, only sissies and girls do. It's always fun to read the attempts to "other" sissies by defining them using the form: A sissy is [whatever I don't do.] There is no qualitative difference between a man that gets aroused dressing up like Bo Peep or a French maid and a man that gets a similar reaction from dressing up as a MILF (or GILF on this forum.) It's just a difference in style but not a difference of type.

Some of the responses in this thread inspired me to make my first caption:

Stacie_Kimmi'sGG
07-07-2015, 09:40 PM
:) I wanted to Thank Everyone for their response's to my question. Its been enlightening, and very interesting. I understand more , So many Tentacles to this...and diversity.
Huggs!!

Stephanie_CD_64
07-08-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm not entirely sure how to phrase this so it comes across correctly. However:

When dressed as a woman, the term 'Sissy' does not bother me at all.

When in male mode, it really bothers me a lot.

Strange, I know.

Wendy me
07-08-2015, 07:59 AM
for sure Wendy is no sissy......i hate to name what i am so i go with happy.... so much a beach girl .... long hair down to my butt 36b/c boobs for real .... call Wendy a sissy and i just might come unglued in a bitchy way......call "HIM" a sissy and your going to need a doctor....

see i am as Wendy as i can be it's not a game or a thing i do it's me .... being missunderstood goes with it... i got refused for the trans section here .... lol .... cool just don't call me a sissy..... or i will hit you with my beach chair...............

Sissy_Michelle
07-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Stacie,

"Why the word Sissy??"... For me it was what my very small circle of friends called me when they would dress me up when I was a teenager. My then girlfriend and her close friends didn't like me hanging around all the time and encouraged me to dress up if I were to hang out with them. It was fun and I was able to hang out with four girls and dress up fully, or sleep over during slumber parties. I didn't have any guy friends really so why should I mind what they called me? Everyone now just calls me "Michelle". When I joined this site I needed a name, I remembered back to a time where I was completely accepted and was able to dress up fully. I was the most comfortable back then.

I have since looked up the term "Sissy" at Google University and have seen many links and definitions for this term. If that is how they enjoy themselves then who am I to regulate it or judge? Personally I wouldn't dress up that way, but I won't chastise someone that does like it.

@--}----
Michelle

Adriana Moretti
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
those pics with quotes you see on the internet...mostly are actually posted by guys...or extreme closet cd's that dress like one a month ,never shave, and masterbate in womans panties its all make believe ....i actually made this & put this up on the internet a year ago and was well recieved

grace7777
07-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Personally, I would find it offensive to be called a "sissy". It seems there are some people who like to call themselves a sissy, and if it is their choice then that would be ok. One should never call someone a "sissy", with the exception being they choose to be referred to as one.

LilSissyStevie
07-08-2015, 11:50 AM
those pics with quotes you see on the internet...mostly are actually posted by guys...or extreme closet cd's that dress like one a month ,never shave, and masterbate in womans panties its all make believe ....i actually made this & put this up on the internet a year ago and was well recieved

As if being a more "authentic" CD makes you LESS of a loser!

Dana44
07-08-2015, 12:17 PM
I always thought that it was a bad thing to call someone. My dad called me sissy a lot when I was young. I was that small boy that could not live up to what he wanted. So, for me it is a bad word.

Kelsey21
07-08-2015, 12:18 PM
I think that this is just another one of those words that has morphed as the times change.
I barely heard it while growing up as it's original meaning as per the dictionary meaning weak, unwilling to fight etc etc, and has evolved into something that may have multiple applications depending on the context that it is used.
Kind of like the word s**t. How many different ways can it be used?
Gotta love the English language
Giggle.....

AbigailJordan
07-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I think as with anything, a lot depends on the context. Being called a sissy because someone perceives you as weak or girly is insulting.. it's like being called a pansy or a "wuftah" was another one we had at school.. And obviously, in those days they were all varying degrees of homosexual reference.

To those who choose the fetish type lifestyle of "frilly innocence" and want to be "sissified" by a master or mistress and play the sub role in silks and satins and lace fringes it isn't an insulting term, quite the opposite.

Personally, I've never seen the appeal of the whole sissy vibe.. If Abi is getting some action, she wants to be wearing her best stockings and heels with a nice bodycon.. not some pink puffy outfit to be degraded in.. but each to their own. After all, there are many people out there who find anything that begins with "trans" and isn't a sportscar an offensive word.. but we can only be who we are

Luv
Abi
x x x

AletaHawk
07-09-2015, 11:17 PM
[QUOTE=Sissy_Michelle;3773590
I have since looked up the term "Sissy" at Google University and have seen many links and definitions for this term. If that is how they enjoy themselves then who am I to regulate it or judge? Personally I wouldn't dress up that way, but I won't chastise someone that does like it.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly how I feel. I don't like the word myself, and loathe the style, but I'm not going to judge anyone for it as long as they're not harming anyone.