PDA

View Full Version : Came out to my group

SharonDenise
07-04-2015, 11:27 AM
I came out to my bereavement support group last night. I was invited over to watch the local (Oakbrook) fireworks display from a female member's
house with others from our group. For the second party in a row, (Memorial Day, last time) cross dressing and transgenderism came up. The same "resident expert" brought the subject up, again. The discussion and comments continued until I made a decision. One of the women who I had already trusted with my secret was watching me and showed concern in her face as she saw me struggle with my dilemma. I did have a packet of pictures in my jacket pocket which I hesitantly brought out. I then showed our resident expert if the girl in the picture was cute. ( Its the picture under the post, a deliciously embarrassing moment.) I passed out a handful of pictures to pass around the table. The people present thought I showed courage and mainly gave me their support for having shared something that is difficult to share. I called some of them this morning and they still felt the same way and that their friendship was unchanged.
In a related incident, I've been receiving in-home therapy for my recent hip replacement. I brought up my cross dressing as she could plainly see the panties I wore as she checked out my incision from the operation. She seemed interested, so I asked her if she would like to see Sharon. She said yes. Fortunately, the day I chose to dress as Sharon was a rainy one, so we couldn't go out for our walk. She seemed to enjoy meeting me as Sharon and thanked me for the occasion.
I've been crossing many bridges, lately.
SharonDenise

S. Lisa Smith
07-04-2015, 01:07 PM
Do exactly what they tell you to do about the hip. I hope you had the anterior method, I had both of mine done that way at once. I have worked my way back to the point where I am happy with my surfing. Good luck!!

LeslieSD
07-04-2015, 01:31 PM
It is really cool to come out to your friends. The feeling must be quite liberating!

Judith96a
07-04-2015, 01:36 PM
Sharon,
I think that you handled that situation admirably.

SharonDenise
07-04-2015, 08:57 PM
I was very nervous as I shared my secret with my group. However, because of the discussion that we were having, I felt it was a good opportunity to share with the others. I think its something I've been wanting to do and the moment was ripe.
No, my surgeon is old fashioned and did the posterior incision which takes longer to heal. However, he is very personable and is admired for his work. As such, I would turn to him again if I have need of another replacement. Since being released from being home bound, I've been walking over a mile each morning and hope to increase my distance.

Candee
07-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Sharon,
First of all, good luck on your recovery from surgery. Second, you did the right thing and I believe at the right time with the right group. Since you followed up with conversations with some of the group and nothing has changed with the way they feel about you, I think you must be feeling liberated! I know I would....and then to also open up about cd's to the nurse, well what can I say? Continue crossing those bridges........

kimdl93
07-06-2015, 05:20 PM
I think your group has a new resident expert!

Candice June Lee
07-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Good luck on the recovery Sharon. Wonderful coming out to that group. Very good in handling it and now they have a real expert.