PDA

View Full Version : Fooled the cat en femme.

Jennifer B
07-04-2015, 07:58 PM
This evening I am relaxing (for the first time in a while) in full en femme mode. This means fully waxed legs, shower and shave, candy floss body butter all over, Cherry Fashion nail varnish, bra knickers and hold ups, flower pattern panel dress, 4.5" nude patent open toe heels, torc necklace, bracelet and rings, dangly earrings, foundation concealer and blusher, eye liner mascara and eyebrow filler, hair styled and finally Cherry Pink lipstick that totally pops!

You get the picture. So I'm relaxed and feeling great and I go to the kitchen to get some wine from the fridge and the cat comes in through the cat flap in the back door and practically falls over!

My cat is called Esmerelda and she does not like men. I get the feeling that she tolerates me because I feed her. When we pass each other in the house she blanks me in the most regal fashion and when in the same room together she will look at me with contempt and then turn away, bless her.

Well this evening Jenny here trots into the kitchen humming 9 to 5, cat comes through the cat flap and seems to loose control of three of her legs. Then a miracle happens!! The cat moves her head in the way she does when she can't quite figure something out and then walks towards me, tail up and mews!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I stroke her and she purrs at which point I nearly fall off my heels! This is a break through of historic significance. I've fooled the cat and made a friend. Awesome!

Barbara Black
07-04-2015, 08:02 PM
You can fool some of the cats some of the time.... LOL nice job.

Maxi
07-04-2015, 08:35 PM
I ran into this problem with my American Bull dog. I am either in black pants, red shirt, or enfemmed. on the weekends, blue jeans, and red shirt, (old work shirt), or enfemmed. I came home the other night, and because it was so hot, I put on blue shorts, and a blue shirt. My American Bull Dog started barking and growling at me when I stepped out on the back porch. Once I talked to him, and he cautiously sniffed me he we ok. It is kind of a weird feeling when your loved pet is not sure who you are.

Have I been enfemmed too much lately, so my dog does not recognize me in drab? I have got to wonder, as this was quite unsettling having my 100lb Bull dog not sure of who I am.

Barbara Jo
07-04-2015, 09:57 PM
For one thing, unlike dogs, cats are very visually oriented. :)

phylis anne
07-04-2015, 10:06 PM
I spent a lot of time helping manage remote alakan lodge properties ,on one we had a spruce gorouse that if you were a guy walking down "his" trail he would peck the daylights out of your pants ,but if you were a girl he strutted right along with her and courted her wildlife go figure
hugs phylis anne

Jennifer B
07-04-2015, 10:25 PM
This is the thing how much of it is visual and how much smell? I look totally different, but also I've practically bathed in body butter, sprayed Revlon body spay all over and used a cloud of perfume which I forgot to mention.

Whatever the reason is the effect was dramatic.

Samantha2015
07-04-2015, 11:32 PM
I wonder if you didn't have on all the good smelling stuff if she still would have been fooled ?
A science test for the next time you dress. :)

victoria76
07-05-2015, 02:00 AM
:D That's a funny story!
I should try and see if I can fool my cat! lol

Teresa
07-05-2015, 04:56 AM
Jennifer,
I posted a while ago with a thread titled " Compliment from my dog " The first time she saw me fully dressed with makeup and wig she gave a few startled barks, it wasn't until I spoke and stroked her that she realised who it was ! I took it as a compliment that I managed to fool the dog . At the weekends when there's just the two of us she knows she'll have to wait for her walk until I get changed when she sees me carrying my bra and other stuff .

pamela7
07-05-2015, 06:08 AM
male or female cat?, it's awesome, by the way, so the male cat, that would be tom-foolery?

Pat
07-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Over the years I've had many cats in my life. They're pretty smart (unless there's a laser pointer in the room.) Many CDs report "stress relief" when they dress -- maybe the cat was willing to hang out with you because you finally seemed happy. ;)

Judith96a
07-05-2015, 09:04 AM
I suspect that it was the very feminine smell that confused your cat. I need to make a mental note to try it on our two!

Barbara Black
07-05-2015, 09:14 AM
tom-foolery. OMAL

jigna
07-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Wow!
Sounds great.

Angie G
07-05-2015, 09:48 AM
My dog does not care if I'm in drag or dressed as Angie. If I'm dressed and go to drab he knows it time for a walk.:hugs:
Angie

AprilMayy<3
07-05-2015, 11:21 AM
My dog is super protective, and anyone he does not know he will attempt to bite. I used to have my hair to my shoulders(oh middle school), and once I cut it he didn't recognize me. Same goes for when I dress, with a long wig and makeup, he goes nuts. He's super confused too, lol. I smell like me, just don't look like it haha. Outside he goes for a while :P

JennykBailey
07-05-2015, 02:40 PM
Our dog couldn't care less as long as she gets fed. Handy hint, if you want cats to like you squint at them!

JocelynJames
07-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Our cats just look at me as if to say "now what's he wearing?!"

Jennifer B
07-07-2015, 04:58 AM
@Samantha2015 & Judith96a I will have to try en-femme with my usual male deodorant and see. :)

@pamela7 Female. She's very precocious as well.

@Jennie-cd You're right about the laser pointer lol. I'm not normally very stressed by much, but I certainly feel in a different state of mind when dressed en-femme, so that could have something to do with it.

@JennykBailey Usually food is the only reason she interacts with me. I'll try the squinting tip!

@JocelynJames You know after everything that could just be it. And then she was being sarcastic fussing with me! lol that wouldn't surprise me. :)

Dana44
07-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Our Maine coon cat looks at me funny every time i put heels on. He likes men and looks at me like I'm a freak. lol. He still knows who I am though. I think he is trying to figure it out.

MelanieAnne
07-07-2015, 02:13 PM
My boxer used to give me strange looks when I dressed. Still miss him.

Kelsey21
07-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Both of my feline friends just sat in the middle of the living room when I walked out with a WTF look on their faces. They know for sure when something is different :)

reb.femme
07-07-2015, 04:26 PM
A cat called Esmerelda and doesn't like men. Sounds like a witch's cat, which would definitely fit my little alter ego. Is it for sale or re-homing? :heehee:

I've got two cats and neither gives a different reaction to me, whether femme or boy. In fact, I'm sat here on the settee in my nightie and dressing gown with my little English Grey Cat (supposedly a British Shorthair Blue) a few inches from my head. Bats my head all night with her tail.

Rebecca

Alice Torn
07-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Smaaaart cat! I have found that cats can handle me dressed up, far better than most dogs!

BLUE ORCHID
07-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Hi Jenn, I can't fool my dog because she lays there and watches me get dressed.:daydreaming:

MelanieAnne
07-07-2015, 09:02 PM
Smaaaart cat! I have found that cats can handle me dressed up, far better than most dogs!

Cats tend to be, "ummmm whatever"! :heehee: