PDA

View Full Version : What Social Media are you all on?

VanTG
07-05-2015, 01:04 AM
Curious, because I just created a Instagram account and I have more random likes and followers under my girl account than my male account.
Also on Facebook and Twitter under my female self.

How about others out there?

DW
07-05-2015, 01:16 AM
Facebook ,here, and fetlife.

GeauxStacy
07-05-2015, 03:05 AM
Just here. Call me old fashioned, but I do not like being plugged in to this new interweb. lol

Curiosity666
07-05-2015, 03:08 AM
I've found that the /r/crossdressing reddit sub is a really nice and accepting community. They also have some people who are really talented and willing to help others learn :)

Teresa
07-05-2015, 04:44 AM
VanTG,
I feel I've taken enough chances joining this forum, I'm wary just visiting the social media sites as your searches are all recorded whether you join or not ! Our computers or whatever means you use to access the internet have a way of biting back, from a frozen screen just when your wife wants the laptop to an unexpected Email on an open account or worse could be finding your pictures have been used elsewhere !
Don't forget the small print on facebook about their freedom to use your pics and other information whether you decide to remain a member or not !

Raychel
07-05-2015, 05:58 AM
Just here for Raychel and Facebook for my guy side,
no blending of territories.

BLUE ORCHID
07-05-2015, 06:24 AM
Hi Van-TG, Absolutely NONE !

alwayshave
07-05-2015, 06:45 AM
For my en-femme self here, my guy side instagram, facebook and linkedin.

Ineke Vashon
07-05-2015, 07:04 AM
NONE, except this forum

Ineke

Tonya Rose
07-05-2015, 08:38 AM
Only here... In fact this forum is the reason I even bought the PC in the first place. LOL! :thumbup:

UNDERDRESSER
07-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Here, and SkirtCafe, as far as talking about this stuff. I'm also on the dreaded FB, where there has been some discussion of my skirt wearing, but not much. No pictures yet, except one on SkirtCafe.

Marie-Claude, France
07-05-2015, 09:51 AM
I am in a social network with a female identity, where I behave as a real lady. I don't invite anybody, and I accept most friendship invitations - but not all -. Four of my social network friends know my real identity.

I am in LinkedIn with my male identity.

Isabella Ross
07-05-2015, 10:24 AM
This is about as social as I get...this and flickr, which of course is more about photo sharing than social networking. Just can't get excited about FB and Twitter...just seems like a bunch of superficial "friendships" in my view.

Lily Catherine
07-05-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm on Facebook as my male self, stopped using Twitter and Instagram. My female self has a number of video game accounts and is on this site.

natalie_cheryl
07-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm On Twitter

Jodi
07-05-2015, 03:15 PM
None other than this forum

Jodi

countrygirl
07-05-2015, 03:32 PM
For Amanda here only and for my guy side yes all social media.

Candice June Lee
07-05-2015, 05:11 PM
On here, fetlife and wordpress. The later still on as abezure, as i have not switched my name.

Dianne S
07-05-2015, 05:29 PM
Facebook and LinkedIn. My kids think that's so passé because all the cool kids are on snapchat and instagram now. Even Twitter is for old-timers, apparently.

Caden Lane
07-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Flickr...

docrobbysherry
07-05-2015, 05:44 PM
Sherry is on a number of them. Her FB page is the most active and has over a 1000 Friends. With new folks asking to join daily!

Jorja
07-05-2015, 05:47 PM
You are going to have to pound the jungle drums if you want to reach me. No facebook, no instagram, no twitter. Gosh, life is grand!

Jaylyn
07-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Only here as I'm not computer savvy enough to keep several accounts from merging into one. To me that's a way waiting to be outed to many friends and people who wouldn't understand. I wouldn't be on here but it's my only way of having any touch with another CD. I have also played with the Skype and instant message a few times but have a different account and they are on an old lap top that I hope is not traceable to our main one. Who knows though.

Sarah-RT
07-05-2015, 06:29 PM
I have facebook, twitter, whatsapp and linkedin for my male self but only this for my female side, I want to branch out a bit since people my age use all of them, I have snapchat which i use mostly as my male side but I send pictures to my friends who are in the know. If anyone else has snapchat since its fairly private send me a PM and Ill give you my username

Sarah x

JocelynJames
07-05-2015, 07:04 PM
FB, Twitter, LinkedIn for my male self. Once upon a time I had a twitter acct for Jocelyn, deleted it , but still get recommendations for friends on it. Damn it twitter!

Sometimes Steffi
07-05-2015, 08:50 PM
guyself: FB only, and I can remember the lat time I used in. I turned off all notifications and have very limited info there.
Steffi: Here only.

candykowal
07-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh gosh, for someone in the closet, I am really out there on social media.
Crossdressers.com, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, tagged.com, Flickr, Photobucket, Pink Essence, Pretty T-girls, Transformations Message Board, URnotAlone, Men Wear Bras, Meet Up, Sisterhouse.net, and Experience Project....not to mention my blog page.
Gosh, that's a lot!

Launa
07-05-2015, 09:20 PM
Facebook all the way!!!! I check in here once in a while to see if anything is new.

Madeleine Quinn
07-05-2015, 09:53 PM
For my feminine persona, I've just recently set up a Facebook account; I don't even have any pictures uploaded or friends added on that account yet. I have Tumblr, Instagram and Pinterest accounts that I use to follow other people (mostly lolita fashion stuff, but some general crossdressing stuff too), but I don't upload or post anything there myself. And I read the crossdressing subreddit regularly, and post every once in a while.

wanda66
07-05-2015, 10:09 PM
Only here,

tifftg
07-06-2015, 07:26 AM
Like Candy I go to a variety of sites. This is my favorite and regular stop. As Tiffany I have Facebook page, Flickr, Google+, and I am starting to get excited by Pinterest as there are a wide range of options. I only post these days here and on Pinterest.

Some of this is because I work in the communications industry and I like to understand how all these groups work and secondly I have sought these outlets since I discovered the web. From Prodigy groups to AOL chat rooms with each wave I dove in.

Tabitha_Lynn
07-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Here and Facebook as Tabitha Lynn.

If any of you on FB want to friend me there you are welcome. Here too. I would love & am hoping to get to know you all better.

Krisi
07-06-2015, 08:58 AM
Facebook but strictly as a male. It's a good way to keep up with family and friends, especially ones who live far away.

On the other hand, there's far to much politics and ignorance posted and reposted on Facebook. I'm really surprised at how ignorant some of my friends actually are.

Ceera
07-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Other than here, I have a Facebook account as Ceera Murakami, but I have it locked down so only someone that I choose to become 'friends' with can see my posts. I don't use it very much, and have very few friends on that account.

My FB ID is ms.ceera. Stick that after the FB URL, and you'll find me. If you send me a Friend request, mention that you know me from this forum. I'll decline a friend request from anyone I don't know, otherwise.

My male side has a completely separate Facebook account, that I use mostly to stay in touch with family.

I also just set up a Meetup account as Ceera Murakami, mostly to start making connections with like minded folks in the town I am moving to.

Adriana Moretti
07-06-2015, 12:59 PM
I'm on a few feel free to linky link xoxo

Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/adriana.moretti.334

Tumblr
http://crossdressingtips.tumblr.com/

GOOGLE PLUS
https://plus.google.com/u/0/115547459566323869148/posts

Pintrest
https://www.pinterest.com/cdadrianamorett/

karenpayneoregon
07-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Before transitioning all accounts like Facebook and Twitter were in my male account, now all are in my female account and both were easy to change.

Robin414
07-06-2015, 10:12 PM
This one, period! I loathe social media personally, I can't imagine what photos of myself to post 😟

sometimes_miss
07-06-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm on facebook as male so that other people can find me. Some long lost friends and relatives have gotten in touch, some that I haven't spoken to in 50 years. I'm also on twitter, pinterist, linkedin (that one is becoming problematic; too many are making it a general social thing, something that I don't like because I'm seeing all sorts of 'friend me' type of behavior, by people I have never met and probably never will). I'm also active on several other forums, medical, automotive, motorcycle, computer. I'm also on plentyoffish, match, loveaccess, all the above in my normal male identity. I've tried several dating sites listing myself as a crossdresser, but had no luck on any of them, despite all other information being virtually identical to the ones on my straight dating profiles, which garner lots of attention (I'm not rich or handsome, but I am tall, respectful, polite, clean and decent looking in male dress attire, so at my age, that's all it takes to get the old widows/divorcees interested!). My favorite subjects among all are Porsches, Lincolns, flight sims, computers, and model and real trains. Which is enough to keep me busy in my semi retirement.

flatlander_48
07-07-2015, 02:17 AM
Essentially Facebook, with minimal presence on Twitter and LinkedIn. However, all as Don and not DeeAnn...

PaulaQ
07-07-2015, 02:36 AM
I'm on facebook:
Paula Minnie Ellis (https://www.facebook.com/Paula.Minnie.Ellis)

Google Plus:
Paula Ellis (https://plus.google.com/u/0/109319958506108269959/posts)

If you friend me, let me know who you are in a FB messenger message. I get a lot of random friend requests from creepy guys. Also note that if you are closeted or stealth, friending me isn't a super great idea. I won't intentionally do anything to out you, but someone might ask "OMG, why are you friended to THAT PERSON?!?"

Sarah-RT
07-29-2015, 12:54 PM
Ive Begun Setting up a facebook profile if anyone is interested in becoming friends on it, I keep it separate from my male account if privacy is a concern for you.

You can Search for me with ' Sarah RT ' Until I can get the url going okay I think its working now : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009610398436

Sarah x

Joni T
07-29-2015, 02:16 PM
None.
Joni

Sharon B.
07-29-2015, 02:29 PM
FB but I keep two separate accounts, my female account doesn't include anybody I know as my male self.

SandraB
07-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Facebook, but don't use too much.

Saikotsu
07-29-2015, 03:27 PM
None. Unless you count here. Very marginally on the hated book of faces.

Alice_2014_B
07-29-2015, 03:41 PM
I have no social media accounts for my fem-self.

mikayla1964
07-29-2015, 04:29 PM
As for Mikayla she is only on here on the web highway of destruction...my male side on fb..

Rhian
07-29-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't have a social media account for my girl side but I use Facebook for my boy side.

Chrissy1966
08-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Only here. I tried Facebook for a bit but for me, it was nothing more than wasting time when I could be doing other things.....like posting my thoughts here. HaHa.

Seriously though, this site definitely has a more positive vibe than FB. Thank you!

Tracii G
08-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Just here and FB.
I have a guy FB and girl FB page.
The girl page is all girl.

Crissy Kay
08-02-2015, 06:13 PM
I am on FB as my male self. I have a fetlife profile, and a few pics up on my flickr page. both fem.

Madeleine Quinn
08-03-2015, 06:41 AM
For those of you who are on FetLife, do you find it to be a useful way to make local crossdresser acquaintances? I'd like to meet some locals, but I'm not interested in seeking sex/"play" partners (I'm married, so I'm all good on that front). Would a FetLife profile be useful for someone who's interested solely in making friends (and just friends)?

By the way, I mentioned having a Facebook profile; anyone from here, please feel free to add me as a friend there! If you search for me by name, I shouldn't be hard to find.

Loveday
08-03-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm on Facebook as Lisa and here when my computer works.

Adriana Moretti
08-03-2015, 09:44 PM
For those of you who are on FetLife, do you find it to be a useful way to make local crossdresser acquaintances? I'd like to meet some locals, but I'm not interested in seeking sex/"play" partner

Fet life is all sex.....im not on it but a few of my gal pals are......they keep facebook clean and do the dirty deeds on fetlife.......HERE is a great place to meet like minded girls, so is facebook, if you are smart and avoid the kinky corners.

Sarah Beth
08-03-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm on a few forums like this one but other than that I can't see any reason to be on the so called "social media" what I do as Sarah or in my male life I can communicate to those I want to know without that.

XemmaX
08-04-2015, 05:17 AM
not on facebook but on some forums. i largely dont have time for social media as i lead a pretty busy life.

Crissy Kay
08-04-2015, 08:46 AM
As for fetlife, you really have to state who and what you are looking for. I think it is possible to meet local cders, but the site is mainly for kink and you know what!! I sort of think of it as entertainment in a way.

Madeleine Quinn
08-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Point taken regarding FetLife. I've seen a few folks in some other forums recommend it as a possible place to make social, friendly connections with local crossdressers, but it certainly was my impression that friendly connections aren't what the site is primarily about! In the same vein, TSMeet got recommended to me; I signed up and, lo and behold, it's just a front site for Adult Friend Finder! I'm not prudish by any means, but what AFF is selling isn't what I'm looking for. Even my state crossdressers group on Facebook tends to have lots of posts from folks (both crossdressers and "admiring" men) seeking hookups.

I sent some Facebook friend requests to those in this thread who welcomed/invited them; my own social networking info is now in my signature!

HelenR2
08-05-2015, 05:41 AM
I loathe 'social' media!

psion128
08-14-2015, 04:20 AM
Fetlife, Twitter, G+, FB, Pintrest, Instagram.

Kaze_
08-14-2015, 04:26 AM
None!

I ridded myself of such nonsense long ago.

Amanda James
08-14-2015, 04:31 AM
Just here , Google Plus and Pinterest I deleted my facebook account .

melanie206
08-14-2015, 06:08 AM
I'm on a bunch of sites but none are that great for actually connecting with a like-minded local community. Of course, this site is best for the greater CD community not necessarily the trans community. If you are into going out, meetup.com seems to offer the most possibilities. At least that's the case in the Philly/Mid-atlantic area. I used to be on facebook but it's constantly trying to link your data with other sites which is worrisome. Plus, facebook now has facial recognition - more worrisome.

megan_thomas
08-14-2015, 08:24 AM
here, Facebook and Twitter

Sissy_Michelle
08-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Here and Experience Project.

Fi-Fi LeFemme
08-14-2015, 10:19 AM
I am on a few like Google +, Fetlife, TV Chix, Transtastic, Flickr, Alt.com etc.
I was also on Facebook but I was blocked as I wasn't "real" enough for them.
Hey-ho!

CONSUELO
08-14-2015, 10:54 AM
My other self has a FB page which I use infrequently and I only allow family and close friends to join. I don't visit it very often as I find it to be a time waster. I am always amazed at those who are always posting trivia about themselves. Where do they find the time?
I observe lots of people walking on the street and so absorbed in whatever is on their phone, which probably includes checking social media. I wonder if they notice anything around them and if criminals look upon them as good victims for a street robbery. There is a fascinating World beyond that little screen.

Jennifer B
08-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007447217861

I'd be happy to friend anyone from this site. :)

AmyVanessa
08-17-2015, 12:27 AM
I'm on this site, Men Wear Bras, and Experience Project.
EP has been my main social site for two years, but I'm becoming more active here and less so on EP, as their new format is a big hassle.

sugarbabe
08-17-2015, 12:36 AM
Here now, Google+ (never really use it), and I think I signed up at fetlife and have never been back. I have a hard enough time managing my guy life!

Jen_Amber
08-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Facebook, Pinterest is great for tips and fashion ideas

27th Jennifer
08-17-2015, 06:53 PM
I do FB as Ana and a separate account for my male self. If anyone wants to be FB friends with Ana, send me a PM. (I'm uncomfortable with posting a link here).

I did send friend requests to Sarah RT and Adrianna Moretti...........

LydiaG
08-19-2015, 10:51 AM
I have been on fetlife for 7 years now as genderfluid. I have femme profiles on pinterest, tumblr, and here.

tictac43
08-19-2015, 05:36 PM
I don't have any social medias for my crossdressing. This is the only place I share that with hehe!

I'd be scared someone would link them somehow!!!

Stephanie47
08-19-2015, 05:40 PM
None what so ever. I'm a totally private person. My wife is has a Facebook account. She keeps me up to date with the family...none of which has any significance. Just a lot of idle talk. If someone in the family wants to chat with me take me out for a cup of coffee.

StefaniLara
08-19-2015, 05:48 PM
It may be easier to say what I'm not on! Of course I have Facebook, but also Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+ (though I don't ever touch it!) and WordPress.

ShriekCassandra
08-19-2015, 05:51 PM
I have a facebook account under my female persona but I use it mostly to post in various groups there for my other interests or issues that aren't related to transgender subjects . Don't use any other sites as I'm fairly private about myself and prefer to keep a low profile.

laciewhite
10-26-2015, 05:54 PM
i use social media (facebook, fetlife, tvchix, fabswingers, birchplace etc) for meeting , chatting, webcam etc. the kinkier and naughtier the better!! in fact this forum is the only vanilla place i bother with. not sure why i do bother tbh..but it was one of the first places i nervously joined when i first took my CD persona online so i guess i have soft spot for it. i don't even use the name laciewhite anywhere else its an old name. i'm cupcake69 or candy smith most places.