PDA

View Full Version : The warm weather is driving me mad !

Teresa
07-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Most of us in the UK can't wait for those few short weeks of warm weather but as soon as it does it drives me mad because of the clothes that appear. My wife usually wears trousers but has switched to sundresses , I just can't help watching with envy as she goes about her jobs, playing with the grandchildren, gardening and sitting in the lounger to enjoy a glass of wine !
I will make a confession that while she's at work I've slipped into a blue flowery one with heels and forms and had a sit in the garden but then I caught a glimpse of myself in the smoked glass cooker front while having my lunch, Oh Dear !! I've never worked out but have always done physical work and despite losing almost twenty eight pounds my arms and shoulders look like they belong to a medium weight boxer even at my age ! I recall a recent thread by Isha on wearing sleeveless tops but it looks as if it's a no-no for me at the moment ! I know girls work out but not normally at sixty four !!

Pat
07-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Only you know what makes you comfortable but maybe you should find a way to accommodate yourself here. From other things you've written I gather that you don't go out among other people, so it should matter less how built up your arms are. I'd say wear what makes you happy and don't torture yourself that you don't look like someone else. Mirrors are lying *******s who work in collusion with your mind's dark, self-hating side. If you're going out to mix it up with the general public they're a necessary evil. If you're sitting in your garden, who needs 'em? Spend some time enjoying the dress and the weather and the moment of your life in an unselfcritical (if that's a word) way.

UNDERDRESSER
07-05-2015, 09:19 AM
I would love to wear a sundress, but one cut less feminine than most you see. I will be working on a tunic style thing. The other problem for me with such a dress, is getting the hemline height right, and having it suitably loose, without allowing too much hint of my maleness to show in front. Tucking would kind of cancel out the advantages the cool fabric.

Sarah-RT
07-05-2015, 10:42 AM
Hi teresa,

I know what you mean, aside from not being particularly fond of the heat I also dislike dressing that exposes non female qualities such as I'll wear jeans to avoid having to shave my legs, so I wear tshirts to cover my back and shoulders because it makes me feel better about how I look but it does severely limit my wardrobe variety and I so want to wear some of the shoulder tops but I've a farmers tan so really pale shoulders that I'd also need to take a tweezers to

Such is life

Sarah x

Piora
07-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Come the warm weather, I curtail my dressing activities, and stop shaving my legs. I enjoy wearing hosiery, but even with the A/C on in my place, it's just too darn hot. My legs and intimate area is all that I shave during fall and winter. Consequently, I really can't wear sleeveless tops, or ones that show my chest. Oh well.....you do with what you can.

Robin414
07-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I feal your pain Teresa. I used to only dress in the winter months but now I'm becoming more full time I find it chalenging particular when the thermometer goes over 24c 😥

pamela7
07-05-2015, 11:18 AM
Hi Teresa,

For me this is bliss, I'm wearing skimpy numbers and loving it. I also have big arms, I just don't choose to focus on them. At our gym we have ladies in mid 70's still doing gym; they also have big arms. I wonder if you're hankering after the model idyll that no lady can achieve?

Teresa
07-05-2015, 12:21 PM
Pamela,
I didn't think I had big arms, and I do agree some GGSs have large arms but usually more fat and loose skin, but the reflection of the muscle tone caught me out with the sleeveless dress ! I'm not hankering after any idylls just hoping to stay in shape and being able to blend . Women have to work out much more to show the level of muscle tone I'd rather lose now, after thirty years of lugging heavy photographic equipment round it's all still muscle and very little fat !

Suzie Petersen
07-05-2015, 01:00 PM
Having lived in the South East US for many years, I know what you are talking about with regards to heat. In that part of the world, the humidity however, is the bigger of the problems.

Going out dressed up in the summer was almost impossible for me. Padding, forms, wig and makeup was just unberably hot and I would literally be soaked 10 minutes after leaving the house.

As for having too much musle mass, well .. maybe not exactly a desirable path, but if you build up a lot more body fat, it will look more proportional! And if you then moved to the SE US, you would fit right in with a lot of the other women there ;)

jigna
07-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Come to Dubai to feel real heat.
Temp goes to only 49+ in Jul/Aug.

docrobbysherry
07-05-2015, 05:55 PM
I stopped working out regularly when I got serious about dressing 7 years ago, Teresa. But, the arm definition is still there. Especially with my skinny frame. I use sleeved tops to hide them.

And, skin toned tites over them in my naked arms photos. But, I can't wear those out in public!:sad:

nevarrie
07-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Normally at this time of year my panties are the only thing I wear, but this year I have been a little more brave and enjoying my v-neck cap sleeve shirt since they are a little more sheer and cooler. I would love to be wearing a sun dress or a skirt most of the time right now, but that does not work with my daily life.

I have to agree with Jennie-cd in wearing what makes you feel good. i know that most of time any more I do not worry as much about how i look to others just if it feels good on me. I do make sure I do not look to hideous if I am going out, but I do not try to make myself perfect any more. I realized that most GG are not perfect and it is easy to blend in if I do not try to be perfect.

Krisi
07-06-2015, 10:40 AM
Hot weather is not good for us crossdressers. The wig, the breast forms, the padded panties are all uncomfortable when it's hot. And of course, to blend in, we need to wear the shorts or sleeveless sun dresses or blouses and they expose more male looking body parts like arms shoulders and legs. And sandals.

If you're shaving your entire body and painting your toes, it's less of a problem but for the rest of us, it's best to wait until evening or go to air conditioned places.

CynthiaD
07-06-2015, 03:13 PM
I usually stay with wig and breastforms despite the 100+ weather here in Texas. However, I was working in the attic all weekend, and that was just too much. Male clothing (almost) all weekend. Sigh.