PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever conssidered *NOT* passing?

UNDERDRESSER
07-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Those of you have issues in the Summer months, and curtail your dressing activities, because forms, wigs, and shaved legs are too much of a pain, have you ever considered doing the "Guy in a skirt" thing?

I understand that some of you would be hesitant to be seen that way, but maybe in another town as some of you do when trying to pass.

It was the discussions about problems with the heat that spurred me to ask. Being able to go work in a skirt has been a great improvement in my comfort levels, as it's been getting pretty hot and humid for around here, and our A/C needs to be taken out and replaced.

I have had very little reactions at all from customers, and a fair percentage that have been obvious have been positive. One of my co-workers was asked yesterday, "Is your guy over there wearing a skirt?" "Yes?" "Oh. Just checking" I had one, old dude, who sort of sidled off, and refused to look at me, that was the extent of the negative reactions.

AngelaYVR
07-05-2015, 08:35 PM
I'm sitting outdoors at a market right now, wearing a skirt, stockings, wig...the whole nine yards. Is it warm? Yes. But I wouldn't change a thing :)
I do wholly support your decision to be the man in the skirt, I just enjoy all the other aspects too much! I will wear just a skirt at home but going out means full on girl.

Nadine Spirit
07-05-2015, 11:06 PM
While I have never worn a skirt while presenting as a man, I do frequently wear obviously female clothes while presenting as a man. I have been thinking more about trying skirts. Oh so yeah, I have no problems with not passing. If that is how I feel like dressing. At other times sure I go all out. The weather doesn't determine what I wear though.

bridget thronton
07-06-2015, 12:25 AM
I am not sure I ever pass (people ma'am me to be polite perhaps)

MelanieAnne
07-06-2015, 12:31 AM
In a word, NO. I have never considered the "dude in a dress" look.

pamela7
07-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Yes, it's my default, it is lovely, a different space of being, for sure, from full-CD, which deserves its special time and attention, but as a daily life convenience, it's like most ladies not wearing make-up, but it means I can mostly be in full female clothing contact.

Marcelle
07-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Hi there,

To be honest I don't pass when dressed with the best of make-up days . . . I think people always see a "guy in a skirt". However, for me it is about aligning my identity with the presentation. So if I identify guy on a given day, I dress guy so wearing a skirt (unless it was a kilt) would not be congruent with how I feel or see myself. If I identify gal on a given day, I dress accordingly and unfortunately that means make-up and wig to better align the presentation . . . the one exception being if I am doing yard work for which I will wear typical female clothing (women's shorts, tank top,) no wig but a hat and no make-up . . . just a close shave.

Cheers

Isha

freeindress
07-06-2015, 03:28 AM
Always, as I love myself as a male and don't like deceiving people. In safe environments, I enjoy going out as a guy in a skirt / dress / swimsuit / women's flat shoes, after shaving enough to avoid looking like a genderf***er.

Teresa
07-06-2015, 03:34 AM
Underdresser,
I don't get enough time to do the whole package, if I'm going to do makeup it's got to be a whole day so I just accept a guy in a dress look !
I've walked the dog initially underdressed but removed the drab layer when I thought it was safe but I've been out caught several times now and it has just ended up being a bit of fun !

I was hoping you were going to say the guy in your story ambled off and came back wearing a skirt !

I think some misunderstood my thread about the warm weather driving me mad, what I meant by it was the clothes being worn in the warm weather were driving me mad !

Krististeph
07-06-2015, 04:27 AM
Yes, I have considered it, and chickened out miserably. See me around 2115: next time around. But goddess bless you, you seriously rock. A sarong, i am thinking, west coast style. yes. And I am one of these idiots who is likely my own worst enemy. perhaps if i stay in shape enough not to cause the neighbors to vomit. :-)

Julie1123
07-06-2015, 05:54 AM
Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking of posting something similar for awhile now.

I've found that wigs just irritate me and makeup just takes to long and never seems to look right to me. I know its probably just a matter of practice but I just don't want to invest the time at the moment. Which is alright, just wearing clothes around the house or underdressing out and about has been satisfying the urge to dress.

If the "man in a dress" mentality wasn't as much of a thing I would probably go out dressed sans the makeup and the wigs.

BLUE ORCHID
07-06-2015, 06:49 AM
Hi UD, I only dress to impress.:daydreaming:

Charona
07-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Have I considered "not passing?" I don't think the makeup and costume departments that did Dustin Hoffman ("Tootsie") could make me pass. The only times I went out in public in a skirt, the skirt was the only thing different about my attire than my usual. There could have been no question that I was a "man in a skirt."

Jill_cd
07-06-2015, 07:28 AM
I admire your courage to be 'the guy in a skirt'. As for me, it's the whole nine yards: wig, makeup, stockings, etc. I know that I don't 'pass'. But I also came to the realization that since I don't pass, why not just enjoy being out dressed. The heat and humidity, however, is a real drag (HAHAHA) on my dressing.

UNDERDRESSER
07-06-2015, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the replies all. I should have been more specific I think, though. I was curious about those of you that don't identify as TG, certainly not those who are TS, but rather those of you who just enjoy the clothes. It seemed there were a fair number who just don't try to go out in the heat. I should also say that the skirt I wear is often assumed to be some form of simplified kilt. it is often described as a "manskirt" I never try to look female, or even feminine, I just like the look, I like to show off my legs, and the skirts do it better than shorts, and they are much more comfortable into the bargain.

Krisi
07-06-2015, 08:19 AM
No I have not and would not. I don't want to "out" myself.

When I go out I am all man or all woman (as much as is possible).

joanna4
07-06-2015, 08:21 AM
I would be all male or all female. I don't want to be a "guy in a skirt/dress."

Sarah-RT
07-06-2015, 09:04 AM
While "minimal" dressing would simplify things I have gotten to the stage of being all or nothing

Sarah x

CD_DIANE
07-06-2015, 09:33 AM
So I said to myself.... "could I ever do that ? ", and I replied NO ! In my closet, I wear skirts and they are very comfortable. BUT, the "acceptable" skirts (kilts, Utlilkilt .... ) don't really work.

The kilts are worn with knee length socks and shoes and I don't care for all of that. The "masculine" kilts are in my humble opinion....JUST PLAIN UGLY ! I really don't want a "kilt" with cargo pockets in a camo fabric to try to project a masculine image ! (Steps down from soapbox.....) . I'm glad for you and just wish I had the chutzpah to do it myself !

Diane

Caden Lane
07-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Nope, just not my thing. But I also live in coastal Georgia, with super high humidity, and I still go out fully dressed. During the midday heat no less. Not much can dissuade me from dressing during the summer. Although I recently suspect I may identify more TS than I've ever realized.

But man in a skirt is just not a look for me.

Adriana Moretti
07-06-2015, 01:24 PM
never...but do you......

forms, wigs, and shaved legs are too much of a pain, have you ever considered doing the "Guy in a skirt" thing?

in the summer, I wear no forms...just a light push up bra, go with a shorter hairstyle for the summer heat....and legs...yeah shaving is a pain but nothing is as sexy as a smooth set of well baby oiled legs that glisten

AlanaG
07-06-2015, 04:35 PM
I wear a skirt as a guy frequently. They are usually denim skirts. But I have a couple of plain black ones that I wear out and about also. I have worn a couple of plain women's tops too. But usually it's a guys shirt. I've also worn pantyhose with the skirts.

Brenn
07-06-2015, 04:55 PM
I have not worn a skirt as a guy in a long time, but have been considering it again. I do wear women's shorts and ballet flats or mary janes. I have not crossdressed "to pass" in over a decade, and don't intend to. My women's flats are the most comfortable shoes I own and I find them to be as cool or cooler than sneakers. In the cooler months I'll also wear nylons or tights. If more guys could get over the idea that somehow skirt, flats and tights are somehow "sissy," I think they would find them comfortable and we could take them back from women (or at least share them as a clothing choice).

Stacie_Kimmi'sGG
07-06-2015, 04:55 PM
Adrianna, I Had to respond to this as an SO of a CD, I love Silky Smooth legs on Kimmi! All year round. :)

GypsyGirl10
07-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Underdresser: Very valid question and one I've been contemplating more and more. My first public outings were hiking local mountain trails in a skirt in hot weather. It was so liberating and I loved the breeze between my legs and lack of inseam. Nobody said anything and very few even looked askance at me. I actually got more quizzical looks from guys when I hiked in stretch pants in cooler weather - and these stretch pants were made for men by Nike! Haha. I have been seen by a couple of neighbors in a skirt and I just explained that I like to relax in one. So far they haven't burned down my house! I think I'm just a curiosity to them.

But I've been seriously considering going shopping in a skirt now that summer is here. I like maxi skirts or over-the-knee styles (I'm over 60 years old) but I hike in knee length women's hiking skirts. I still sport a mustache so I'm absolutely not trying to pass as a woman in public, although I dress quite femininely in my own home. Depending on the style of skirt I think I could pull it off but haven't had the guts yet. I did see a man in a long dress in a grocery store a few weeks ago and nobody seemed to blink an eye. Also chatted with a guy in a Utilikilt (not my style). I think it depends on where you're going and who might be there (i.e. eclectic, accepting people, or conservative, judgmental people. Choose your venue and style carefully.

One day I hope it won't matter that I'm wearing a skirt, but that day isn't quite here yet - at least outside my front door.
Cheers!
Gypsy

karenpayneoregon
07-06-2015, 08:43 PM
I would feel very uncomfortable in a skirt in male mode before having transitioned. Better to simply underdress or wear androgynous clothing.

UNDERDRESSER
07-06-2015, 09:01 PM
So I said to myself.... "could I ever do that ? ", and I replied NO ! In my closet, I wear skirts and they are very comfortable. BUT, the "acceptable" skirts (kilts, Utlilkilt .... ) don't really work.

The kilts are worn with knee length socks and shoes and I don't care for all of that. The "masculine" kilts are in my humble opinion....JUST PLAIN UGLY ! I really don't want a "kilt" with cargo pockets in a camo fabric to try to project a masculine image ! (Steps down from soapbox.....) . I'm glad for you and just wish I had the chutzpah to do it myself !

DianeI detest camo anything. So far, it's mostly been something like this.
https://www.sierradesigns.com/product/dricanvas-skirt
Not exactly, the specific one the model I have isn't made anymore. I have worn a pair of skorts, which come slightly above the knee, and I will be ringing the changes a bit as the seasons change. of I do pick up a kilt, it will probably be this,
http://www.zappos.com/mountain-hardwear-elkommando-kilt or this
http://www.altkilt.com/flourish click on the image to get a good look.
And no, it won't be with knee length socks, well maybe really colourful ones!
As things swing back towards the colder season, I am looking to get something like this.
https://www.liveoutthere.com/outdoor-research-womens-ferrosi-wrap-skirt.html
The fabric on this one is soft shell, so it breathes very well, but still blocks almost all wind. Put some colourful opaque stockings under, and it should be very flexible about going from warm indoors to nasty, windy outdoors.
Adrianna, I Had to respond to this as an SO of a CD, I love Silky Smooth legs on Kimmi! All year round. :)
I prefer to be shaved as well, but I can't keep it up every day. My SO isn't bothered one way or the other, ( :sad: ) but I can't get near her in bed if I'm too stubbly.

Robin414
07-06-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm kinda femme all the time and I often wear woman's skinny jeans as a 'guy' but not a skirt, mind you I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt kinda chic. I did see a full on man wearing a skirt at a recent festival this weekend but it was plaid and he was built like a brick shithouse (OK, it was a kilt but he looked good!) 😊

nevarrie
07-06-2015, 10:45 PM
I wore a kilt at my wedding just so I could say I wore a skirt at my wedding. it was easy for me to do since it was my family clans kilt for me, my father snd brother and my wife's father and bother wore black watch. I go out underdressed or in a kilt as often as I can, but I have not been able to go out in a skirt yet. I have been looking at getting a utility kilt as a first step to going to a skirt.

I like to have my legs shaved int he summer to keep cool so it is easier for me to go out in shorts no with my long hair I do get called ma'am at times so I can pass even if I am not trying very hard. I am not a very pretty women when I do not trying but I have been able to pass.

I enjoy wearing the cloths but do not have to be feminine to wear it. Though usually I try to be when I am out with my wife.

docrobbysherry
07-07-2015, 12:26 AM
Yes, UD, I do and I did Sat. nite! It was once a month, T girl nite at Hamburger Mary's, and I'd missed the last 2.

So, I went in drab for the first time!:brolleyes:
I few T friends walked rite by me like I was invisible!:heehee:

I don't ever pass. But, I've never used that as an excuse not to look my sexy, fem best. If I ever do? I'll probably just stop dressing completely!:straightface:

Sandie70
07-07-2015, 12:58 AM
Never. I may never perfect a complete feminine look and, although I'm only 5' 10" tall, my height will still cause me to garner a bit more attention than a normal sized GG, but I would never go partially dressed when "en femme." Otherwise, why bother? To dare people to look at me? When dressed I want to be as much a girl as possible.

Hell on Heels
07-07-2015, 01:42 AM
Hell-o U-D,
Dressing casually in a skirt, or even a dress of sorts may be
something that works for you.
In my mind, I can't see myself dressing, and presenting in anything less
than full on girl mode.
I imagine your happy (or not)! Being a TV? And good. for you!
I have enough fear about my shaved arms right now!
Much Love,
Kristyn

PaulaQ
07-07-2015, 01:47 AM
5' 10" tall, my height will still cause me to garner a bit more attention than a normal sized GG

5' 10" is a non-issue, really. It is probably something else that is attracting attention to you.

Robinadress
07-08-2015, 07:38 AM
That is the way I dress when I wear women clothes. I wear a skirt or a dress with heels. My head is all in male mode. I had a period where I did makeup and had on a wig. I was feeling that I was fooling myself by being someone else, but I didn’t want to be recognized by others that knew me. I have never wanted to be anyone else, but I have always wanted to wear especially skirts and dresses. So I went back to the only clothes-part again, but I am still afraid for being recognized by someone that knows me. (I am out to several people, but not totally open)

While dressed, the best things to do is taking care of things I would have done anyway that day. I try to avoid my local area, and travels to other parts and go to the mall or grocery shopping and other things. The summer is my favorite time of the year to crossdress.

How cool it must be to be able to go to work in a skirt. I am impressed, and so glad to hear it goes so well. I would love to be able to do that!

Cheryl T
07-08-2015, 01:32 PM
No, I've never considered NOT passing.
While I may not pass much of the time (or at all for that matter) for me it's not about whether or not I actually do, it's about how I feel about myself. Inside I pass 100% of the time because I know what is inside.

I could just never bring myself to be a "guy in a skirt" or anything like that. That's not how I feel and not how I wish to be seen.

Fiona Lindum
07-15-2015, 04:38 AM
I have on a couple of occasions been out as a man in a skirt. Two of my female friends have said that i look good in a skirt as a man and that I don't need to attempt to pass as a woman. However on other occasions i will wear the wig, make up etc with my outfit.