PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just have to go for it

Emily_3
07-06-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't post here much so I'll keep it brief,

The hot weather has been here for a while and that always brings out my femme side, I might as well say I'm practically full time dressed, mostly loose tops and jeans to maintain practicality when working/hobbies ect.

Today I did something bold and kicked it up a gear, cue a mid length dress and leggings to cover my somewhat damaged knees, (they don't look good) and some small flat boots, not my work boots lol, I run my errands and did what I needed to do, walked by a fairly sizeable group of people.... and ...... nobody really cares, it was great, the earth didn't swallow me up, I soon realised its all in my head, only me puts up these barriers that say I can't do this that or the other.

Sometimes you just have to say, "Sod it" and go for it,

I have to admit though, it was a rush, kind of like an extreme sport and it felt good. :D

Pat
07-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Awesome! Sometimes I wonder if we're all risk-junkies and do this for the thrill of surviving it. ;) But it is a great feeling to do something nerve-wracking and discover that it's been a freedom that's been available to us all this time and the only person holding us back has been ourselves. (Not to say there aren't real dangers out there, just that they're not as numerous or as common as imagined.)

Emily_3
07-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Awesome! Sometimes I wonder if we're all risk-junkies and do this for the thrill of surviving it. ;) But it is a great feeling to do something nerve-wracking and discover that it's been a freedom that's been available to us all this time and the only person holding us back has been ourselves. (Not to say there aren't real dangers out there, just that they're not as numerous or as common as imagined.)

Agreed,
The other bit of advice is, know your area, know where you're going and walk confidently, nowhere is a 100% safe, my area certainly isn't, there are some parts I wouldn't go to even as a guy, but at the end of the day is all about freedom and fun.
:)

pamela7
07-06-2015, 01:09 PM
well done Emily, you're right it is all in our minds, "mostly harmless" was the Douglas Adams perspective of humans!

alison301
09-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, well done Emily. At beginners we feel that going out in quiet places after dark or very early are best but these can be the most dangerous places and as you have now realised, in busy places no one cares or bats an eyelid they have their own lives to live. It is a much much safer option too

Tracii G
09-14-2015, 04:43 PM
Good for you very well done.