PDA

View Full Version : July Haircut

jjjjohanne
07-07-2015, 09:42 PM
Today I went to my Hispanic hair salon. I wore a black top with a built-in faux cardigan, an orange maxi-skirt, nude hose, and black heels. It is such a pretty skirt and more bold than I normally wear. The owner of the salon commented on my skirt immediately.

There were two women on the other side of the salon getting their hair dyed. They were sitting there chatting while the product was in their hair. I said hello to them and they politely responded.

The owner started cutting my hair. We chatted about various topics. Then one of the other women needed to have her hair washed out. The owner took her to a sink. I rotated my chair around and started talking to the other woman. She eventually walked over to where I was because there was a lot of noise from the television and the sink making it hard to hear. She never let on that I was dressed unusually.

Eventually, the first woman left. I got the rest of my haircut. The second woman had her hair washed. She paid and left. We said good-bye to one another.

Then it was my turn to get my hair washed. There was an employee who arrived in the midst of all of this. She never reacted to my outfit. I felt like I was normal and fit right in. It was all very pleasant.

Jaylyn
07-07-2015, 09:46 PM
What a great experience. What I'd call just one of the girls.

Robinadress
07-08-2015, 03:59 AM
I always enjoy reading your stories about facing the public wearing a skirt. I also like to go out in public wearing a dress or a skirt with heels but without makeup or a wig. When I’m out dressed that way I have almost never had any negative remarks directly to me, but I have had many people telling me how they love to see me being able to just be myself.

Please keep on posting these kind of stories.