PDA

View Full Version : Big time double standards

susancheerleader
07-08-2015, 03:43 PM
It's about 85 degrees here today. There are many women walking about in only bikinis.
Not in my town, but I read a man was arrested for indecently. He was wearing a women's bikini top and bottom. Now, if it was a women wearing the same bikini in the same location, would she have been arrested for indecent exposure like the man was? I doubt it.

Katey888
07-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Perhaps not... :thinking:

But I bet if a woman was just wearing a pair of guy's swimshorts and nothing else, she'd be arrested too... ;)

I get your point though - do you have a link to the article? Be interested as to what exactly was indecent about it...

Katey x

Lorileah
07-08-2015, 04:20 PM
wondering what this has to do with MtF?

Nadine Spirit
07-08-2015, 04:22 PM
I'd love the link to the article!

I've been in public with a bikini bottom on and nothing happened. Well actually, I got complemented from several guys. Funny.

Jenniferathome
07-08-2015, 07:09 PM
So women in your town are just walking around town, going to the grocery store, the movies, etc., in bikinis? I really doubt that. And this supposed dude in a bikini bottom, you sure his junk wasn't hanging out or he was flashing people? I don't think you presented all the facts but that's just me.

susancheerleader
07-08-2015, 08:00 PM
I really don't know the situation of the arrest. It was just a news blip that went through my Twitter feed from a local news channel.

MonctonGirl
07-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Now, if it was a women wearing the same bikini in the same location, would she have been arrested for indecent exposure like the man was?

I suppose that might depend on what was hanging out on either side of the gusset.

TrishaTX
07-08-2015, 08:40 PM
not exactly similar ...my wife wears my boxers or boxer briefs to bed....so as revenge :) I wear panties ...satin of course...lol well maybe not revenge maybe because I want to!

kimdl93
07-08-2015, 08:40 PM
I'd be surprised to see. Lot of women walking around in bikinis anywhere beyond the beach or perhaps a park. I wouldn't find a nicely shaped woman to be indecent in such a place. And while it may be a double standard, I would find it disconcerting to encounter a male in a bikini top and bottom. Absent other details, it's hard to know what this individual might have been up to.

UNDERDRESSER
07-08-2015, 09:01 PM
I suppose that might depend on what was hanging out on either side of the gusset.Yup. I would get weird looks walking around in a speedo, and I have some bikini bottoms which are no different in terms of coverage and exposure. On the other hand, there are a lot of bikini bottoms that would not work without a full tuck and complete wax job.

crossdrezzer1
07-09-2015, 06:02 AM
a guy walked by me today in Portland wearing white hoses today and no one noticed

Candice June Lee
07-09-2015, 08:37 AM
Sort of related, since shoes and shirt are required can we go without pants to these stores and such?
I see guys and gals all the time that are dressed in a fashion that I would say is not correct. Seems nothing is done about it. But I usually don't mind unless children around.

Krisi
07-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Being arrested and being convicted are two different things. Besides, we know nothing about this incident. Perhaps the bikini bottom was displaying his "bulge".

I also wonder about the women walking around town in bikinis.

Jenniferathome
07-09-2015, 09:29 AM
a guy walked by me today in Portland wearing white hoses today and no one noticed

You did. And so did everyone else. people just don't care enough to REACT but they NOTICE

Sammy777
07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
I am not saying this didn't happen, but after a quick Google search the only news of a man arrested for wearing a woman's swimsuit was back in 2009 and in the UK.
**It is important to note that he was NOT arrested for wearing it but for "Harassment" as he was openly harassing people.

As far as if him wearing it and showing a bulge? One Word = Speedo LOL

For those questioning Women walking around town in just bikinis or swimsuits in general.
I live on the shore in a tourist beach town and Yes it is a very common sight to see women walking around in just swimsuits, even blocks and blocks away from the boardwalk and beach.
Granted, most girls will wear some sort of wrap skirt or shorts (with a bikini top) when going into someplace like a supermarket to shop.

PS: About the only "double standard" is the fact that women have to cover their nipples while men do not.

susancheerleader
07-09-2015, 10:56 AM
It was on my Twitter feed. I will try to find it again.

Jorja
07-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Being from Hawaii, it is not unusual to see women walking around downtown Waikiki or any other place for that matter in just a bikini. There are men that do the same and are not bothered unless the dangly bits have slipped out. As Sammy stated. Most women do put on a wrap or shorts if in a store. If the man was arrested, there had to be another reason other than the way he was dressed.

Sandie70
07-09-2015, 11:12 AM
During the Gay Pride Festival here in Albuquerque I've seen a number of fellows walking around with what amounts to nothing but a sock on their privates and a string up their ass... pretty much leaving nothing to the imagination. They did not get arrested even though there were lots of children attending the festival. Personally, I don't get what being gay has to do with flaunting your junk in front of children, but the police looked the other way as technically these guys were covered... if that's what you want to call it.

With that said, the fellow who got arrested for wearing a bikini bottom must have been allowing himself to slip out. To me, anyone allowing that is no better than any run of the mill flasher... and if children are present, I would call him a pedophile.

chris63
07-09-2015, 12:36 PM
Preach on Sandie! Sometimes these things seem to be a celebration of public nudity instead of pride, civil rights and equality. How can a community be taken seriously if what the public sees are half naked people in the streets? But then again I may be an old fashioned prude:)

Lorileah
07-09-2015, 03:06 PM
Still trying to grasp the MtF part of this unless you are saying the man was crossdressing. If this is a rant about "They can but they can't...it's not to be in this section.

Here in Denver and in other metropolitan areas, there are laws that allow women to go topless with restrictions, like pasties. In parks here women often sunbathe topless. We're a cow town, stuffy in many things but in those venues (I suspect that going in for food somewhere violates the no shirt no shoes requirement) it isn't a big deal. Men here often wear speedoes in public. Not what I like to see but as long as they are covered in the genital (They could also wear thongs and you do see those sunbathing too) area, not illegal. Gross maybe but not illegal. I would suspect the venue is important. I like everyone else suspect there is more to this story

Sarasometimes
07-09-2015, 04:40 PM
For me I would need a very secure tuck to pull off a bikini and not be indecent! Maybe it was the chest hair but I'm thinking something was showing below the waist.

Nigella
07-09-2015, 05:25 PM
You know this has nothing to do with cross dressing, no details and even the title shows the purpose of the thread, nothing more than a mild rant.

If it's such a biggie, go find the article, post it in media, then we can debate the real reason for the alleged double standards.

Thread done