PDA

View Full Version : I have shaved! How did your so/wife/gf react when you started shaving?

Robinadress
07-10-2015, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone!

I shaved today for the first time in five years. What a wonderful feeling. I had to throw on a skirt and some heels and went outside. I received a new skirt in the mail from pinup girl clothing yesterday. The skirt was amazing. In the past I have always used pantyhose because of my hairy legs. During the summer months it has been very hot. The feeling of the skirt flowing by your bare legs outside in the sun is the best part of crossdressing.

I did shave before I met my so. I only shaved during summer, but let it grow back in the winter because I had to use pantyhose anyway. We met during winter so my legs was hairy when we met. I told my so about my crossdressing after two months, but she really didn’t like it. She gets so sad and afraid when she knows I have been out dressing, but she has never said I can’t. We have developed a DADT. I have been running a lot for a year now. The hair on my legs itches when sweating so I told her I wanted to shave. She didn’t disagree. She doesn’t now I have done it already so I am curious how she will react. I really hope she will think it is ok. I decide what I do with my own body, but if it makes her sad and afraid I have to reevaluate my decision.

How did your wife/so/gf react to your shaving when you started, and did you discuss it before you did?

Maryesther M.
07-10-2015, 03:55 PM
Hi Rob,

I agree the feeling of newly shaved legs is totally lovely, not to mention erotic!. However, stubble rapidly returns and it's hard work keeping those pins smooth.

I did that while I was working abroad and didn't tell MOH. She was very cross about it and I haven't done it since.

M.

Kiwi Primrose
07-10-2015, 04:00 PM
It was my wife that got me started, not just shaving but epilating.
I have done this for many years and have smooth legs, body and under-arms.
These days there is little growth and it is soft and easy to get rid of.
My wife wouldn't have it any other way.

Kelsey21
07-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Well, she actually applied moisturizer on my legs the other night for me as we were sitting on the couch watching some TV.
She is still unaware about my CDing, yet seems to accept my smooth body. Hmmm, though she'll never admit it, I believe she may have been a little turned on by it.... Giggle ;)

KlaireLarnia
07-10-2015, 04:15 PM
My wife didn't really mind, she just commented I had smooth legs and then asked if I put anything on them - and gave me a pot of body cream when I said no (useful my wife working for a cosmetics manufacturing company :) ). She doesn't mind when I do shave, at the moment as I am into cycling she knows she can pass off any comments anyone may make about me not having my normal hairy legs down to the cycling so it actually makes it easier for her. Ditto applies to my arms as well.

She knows it is part of me and come the winter I will likely stop unless my cycling really keeps going as well as it has in which case she will not mind either way.

Tabitha_Lynn
07-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I keep my legs, pits, etc. Shaved off and on. My wife doesnt mind unless I let it get prickly.

BLUE ORCHID
07-10-2015, 04:42 PM
Hi Robin, She was ok with everything except down at ( Boys Town ) I had to reseed the lawn there. :daydreaming:

Teresa
07-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Robin,
Last year my wife pestered me to put some shorts on in the warm weather, While we sat having coffee in the garden I asked if she minded about my legs, when she asked why I had to point out that all the hair gone, all she said was is your problem getting worse ? At that point I'd been shaving them for over a year and my reply was that I preferred them like that ! I had the same response when she noticed my chest hair had gone , I didn't ask before hand because it is my body , she hasn't asked me to stop !
I did have a funny experience today I had my shorts on and my grandsons hadn't seen my legs before, the three year old pointed to them and had a puzzled look and the eighteen month old kept pointing at them, they soon got use to them but I was surprised I had any reaction at all, my wife said nothing so I don't know if she noticed or chose to ignore it .
The only area I don't shave is just above my male parts but I trim back so I don't get hair showing when wearing panties, the boys get shaved along with everything else right up to my bottom. I feel if my wife sees the frontal area shaved she will think it weird , I guess I do look like a GG now with everything gone.

Kelsey,
I'm surprised you get away with that when you've not given a reason why you shave !

Pump1
07-10-2015, 06:08 PM
I shaved my legs for the first time last week and my wife seems to like it, after all it was her idea for a costume themed party we will be attending this weekend. I will finally get to wear high heels and hose out in public. I can't wait.

Angela

Angie G
07-10-2015, 06:11 PM
When I started shaving my wife didn't mind at all and is still good with it. I stay shaved all year long along with my underarms I stayed 24/7.And I do go out in shorts.:hugs:
Angie

Candice June Lee
07-10-2015, 06:12 PM
I been shaving for years. When i met my wife she was some what apprehensive. She doesnt like me to not be shaved these days. I dont care for body hair anyway. Keeping everthing clean and tidy. Not to mention smooth and sexy.

Ineke Vashon
07-10-2015, 06:35 PM
I've shaved legs, arms and chest for the past three years. I don't have a SO however I've gone on doctor visits and none expressed surprise. Business as usual. None of my friends has said a word or raised an eye brow. I read some place that shaving armpits will reduce sweat odor. I shave those too. I use an underarm deodorant just in case.

Ineke

Bria
07-10-2015, 09:27 PM
I shave my arms, legs, pits, but when I shaved my chest and stomach my wife said she wanted fur there, so I shve down far enough on the chest to cover the hair with the bra and boobs. No bare midriff for me!

Hugs, Bria

Robin777
07-10-2015, 09:42 PM
I don't remember if my wife said anything the first time I shaved my legs. We have been married for 35 years and she has known about my dressing all that time. I first shaved my legs years ago. Then I would let it all grow back, then 6 months later shave again. In the last year I have been shaving it all off and keeping it off. She hasn't said anything,but I think she likes it gone.

Babbs
07-10-2015, 09:52 PM
14 years ago I did the body for life program which was a before and after contest of sorts. body builders shave so I shaved chest, belly and arms. wasn't cd'ng much then and wife doesnt know i CD now. she accepted the shaving for the "contest" I continued to shave as she liked that look better and as I got more into cd'ing it worked out well because I did not have to explain why I shaved. it was just a continuation from that body for life weightlifting/diet program...I wish I had shaved my legs then but I didn't and still dont. It would be a dead giveaway now to the wife as I don't workout much anymore, especially to the extent of entering contests

Alexa Lynne
07-10-2015, 09:53 PM
I started shaving the "boys town" as someone above called it, when i was married to my first wife. I've kept it shaved ever since. About 6 months ago, I started shaving the underarms and chest. . . Then about 2-3 weeks ago, I started shaving everything (legs, arms, stomach). . . Takes me about 20 minutes to shave everything. My upper legs are very sensitive, so i'm constantly getting red bumps everytime i shave, no matter what kind of shaving cream I use. I'm thinking about taking a hot shower to open up the pores, then shaving afterwards. Maybe that'll help.

TrishaTX
07-10-2015, 10:28 PM
I have always shaved my "boys town" as we'll lol and my chest and pits...but no legs .Thing that can be seen for me is a giveaway...so i can't but I wouldn't mind doing it....as I am not a hair guy at all.

Christina Page
07-10-2015, 10:52 PM
My wife doesn't mind if I shave my legs, but she didn't like it when I've shave my chest. So I tend to wear high necklines.

ChristinaK
07-10-2015, 11:46 PM
My wife didn't like my gorilla body, but doesn't like the nubs either. Jeez, a girl just can't win! I still shave every day though. The whole thing in parts, alternating so as to not spend hours in the shower.

LaurenS
07-11-2015, 06:37 AM
My upper legs are very sensitive, so i'm constantly getting red bumps everytime i shave, no matter what kind of shaving cream I use. I'm thinking about taking a hot shower to open up the pores, then shaving afterwards. Maybe that'll help.

Exfoliate! I shaved my legs off and on over the years, but 2-3 years ago, i discovered exfoliating, and no more red bumps. I started with a loofa, but now just scrub them real good with a washcloth before shaving. No more red bumps, even in the pelvic area. I exfoliate all over now, and shave everything with rarely an ingrown hair.

JamieG
07-11-2015, 06:40 AM
Don't do what I did: The first time I shaved my legs, I did it without warning my wife. It took her two weeks before she noticed. We were cuddling and the hair was stubbly, so she felt it while caressing my legs. It freaked her out and she got very angry. Now I tell her every time I plan on shaving. She prefers my "secondary male characteristics" but is okay with me being shaved occasionally, as long as it is not a surprise.

Leighcdmd
07-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Have been shaving entire body for years. Now epilate. Wife complained about the prickly feeling brought about by the shaving. Now that I epilate, no more nubs and no more complaints. One of the many advantages of epilation. I am a fan.

Krisi
07-11-2015, 08:14 AM
I think the key question here is - does your wife know about and accept your crossdressing? If she doesn't, it's going to seem pretty strange to start shaving your body all of a sudden. If she knows and accepts, shaving is probably fine but I would mention it to her before you shave.

kimdl93
07-11-2015, 08:21 AM
No reaction at all...other than that she likes smooth legs too.

flatlander_48
07-11-2015, 09:07 AM
It has never been necessary for me to shave my body as I have very little body hair. The "very little" place might be seen if I wore something low cut, but that is pretty insignificant. Arms, legs and back are completely smooth. Further, these days it seems that my head is trying to catch up to the rest of my body in terms of hair covering. That is NOT a good trend...

DeeAnn

cheryl reeves
07-11-2015, 12:49 PM
my wife is alright with me shaving as long as i keep my chest hair..im only allowed to shave that when im going to fully dress..been thinking of buying the womens anti bump shaving cream i seen at wal mart.

Tina_gm
07-11-2015, 03:24 PM
When I started shaving... my wife was a little uncomfortable with it. More because of the why then the actual smooth skin on everything other than my arms. These days she just accepts it. I don't think she minds the feel of it at all. Although if I were to grow it back I doubt she would complain either. She would rather me be shaved smooth then real hairy, although I am not a very hairy person. I guess in a way I am lucky that she is not a fan of body hair, so its not a major issue.

mechamoose
07-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Poorly. My wife has a thing for fur, and that is honestly the only limit she has ever given me on my genderqueer ways.

- MM

Tina_gm
07-11-2015, 03:48 PM
That is just shows how unique it all is to all of us and our partners MM. Your wife is more accepting than most, yet does like the hair. (many women do) yet my wife, who does not want me to dress in her presence, does not mind the shaving, at least the feel of it anyway.

mechamoose
07-11-2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks, Gendermutt!!

At times, I wish I were an XX girl, but then I'd miss my XY self.

My wife is the one who prompted me to grow my hair (now past my shoulders) because she liked it. My wife likes a lot of my 'cross' elements. She is a dude in a girl's body, so I'm sure that helps, and makes me a minority among our members.

I keep getting stuck on the idea of 'permission to be ourselves'. My ex-wife couldn't deal with anal play because it was 'faggot ****ing', (sorry mods, thwap me if you need to) even if it was me on her. She was closed an intolerant and made fun of my submissive side.

We need *us* to approve of us. If you are waiting for some other person to approve of you, then you are adhering to their world and proclivities, not yours.

We all have a place where we fit. Some of us have found it, some are still looking. Please try and be yourself. If someone has a problem with you, then THEY have a problem.. with YOU.

I know we all link up with folks for various reasons, but as soon as one or the other of you has to hide or lie, then there is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

I don't give a rat's ass what some person at the gas station thinks of me. I have had people in my life step away after knowing more about me. Fine, it wasn't going to be a match, then. I have people in my life watch my changes and ride it out and have my back anyway.

If someone isn't all into you as a strange/wonderful/flawed person, then they (and you) are in the wrong place.

- MM

Catherine383
07-11-2015, 05:03 PM
As long as I stay on top of it and don't allow stubble to form, Cindy likes it. She has always encouraged me to nurture my feminine feelings in a way that makes me look and act more feminine, and shaving is just one of the ways to do this. Cindy and I, however, do not have a sexual relationship, so it is hard to say if this is particular only to our girlfriend/girlfriend relationship.

Robinadress
07-14-2015, 04:19 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I want to give you an update on how my weekend in freshly shaved legs went.

First of all I have to say that my so knows about my crossdressing, but she is afraid of it, and we have developed a dadt. I did talk to her about shaving in the past, but I never told her when or if I really was going to do it. She didn’t seem negative about it, but not positive either. I wasn’t really shaving, but used an epilator. It hurt a little bit, but it was so worth it.

I was going to my in laws on Saturday. My so went already on Friday, and that was the day I shaved. I was wearing shorts and was curious if it showed immediately when I arrived. No comments were made as I was welcomed, and we had a lot of things to take care of during the day so we went on. During the day we talked about everything and she asked how the running trip in the morning had been. Then I told her it was great, and that I had to get out in the morning to test out my new legs. She asked what do you mean. Then I told her I shaved the day before. Wow so you did it she told me and immediately looked to my legs and touched them. She said that I would regret it when it started growing out again because it was going to itch. It wasn’t in a negative meaning at all. I explained how great it was running without the hair on my legs. She gave me a lot of tips on how to keep it smooth and clean.

Men shaving their legs isn’t a big deal for her, but I didn’t know how she would react on me because of our situation regarding my crossdressing. She also understanding that this isn’t only about running.

We continued the conversation about other things. Then we didn’t talk more about my legs but the situation was like normal. When we went to bed that night she put her legs on mine and we fell a sleep. Other things happened the next day that had nothing to do with shaving and I have to come back on that in another tread. When we went to bed at home the next day again she started putting her legs on mine, but than she said surprised; Wow those legs are smooth like she had forgot about it. She continued and seemed happy about it all, and that it wasn’t a big deal. I told her I liked the way they looked, and she agreed but said it wasn’t important to her.

I really have to make shore I keep them smooth, and hope this will continue. It means a lot for me, and I really love that woman deeply.

Glendy
07-14-2015, 04:53 AM
I shave my legs and arm pits about two years ago and when my SO asked about it I just told her that I felt much cooler with out all that hair and she was OK with that. A that time she didn't know about my crossdressing, it wasn't until about a year ago that she found out about it and that's another story. As for my shaving she doesn't mind it and now know the other reason I like to keep my body hair shaved. I also got to where I can't stand to let my hair grow out so I keep my body hair shaved all the time and it feel great not having to worry about I,t so far no one has said anything about it.

Claire Cook
07-14-2015, 05:08 AM
Her first reaction? "That's weird." Arms, underarms, legs, chest always shaved now. If I'm prickly and stubbly, she lets me know and I take care of it.

Tabitha_Lynn
07-14-2015, 07:52 AM
If I'm prickly and stubbly, she lets me know and I take care of it.

This is what I do too. If she mentions the prickles I make sure I address it.

It's also true fir facial hair. She doesnt like the rough stubble at all.

Beverley Sims
07-15-2015, 07:44 AM
I never really started shaving until I was twenty five, always using an electric razor on my face it has remained smooth.

Never any reaction about shaving other areas as my legs are hairless any way.

Andreainny10
07-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Since I have been "out" to my wife, daughters, SILs, I have been shaving and waxing...My esthetician is almost a therapist: wonderful, supportive, counselor so I am blessed. I am reluctant however to shave my legs in the summer because I am partially in the closet to most of the world other than trans friends and family

Patrica Gil
07-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Met my lady and simply told the truth. Expected her to run, she didn't. She embraces who I am, not who others think I should be. Soft smooth skin, well she does like it on both of us, yeah. We are who we are and no more, no less. Mall here we come!

Bobbi46
07-15-2015, 09:47 AM
When I first shaved everything off my then wife did not say anything at all, and recently neither has anybody else I think there is a greater acceptance of the shaved body then ever before. I thoroughly enjoy a freshly shaved/epilated body.

Tina B.
07-15-2015, 10:37 AM
I first shaved many years ago, the wife didn't seem to care one way or the other, she did teach me about moisturizer for the shaved area. I shaved at first during the winter when pants would hide it, as I wore shorts in the summer. But latter I got an Epilator, have used it for years now, and after years of shaving in the winter and letting it grow back in the summer, last year I noticed after all of the years epilating there just wasn't that much hair left, so I started removing it all, and have kept it off ever since. My wife still tries to get me in shorts from time to time, but I live in a cold enough place, I really never wear shorts that often, but when I do, no one seems to notice, either that or they just don't care.
Besides, I've reached an age that a lot of men don't have hair on their legs, so I guess it doesn't look so strange anymore.

sometimes_miss
07-15-2015, 04:04 PM
I only did it once when I was in a relationship. My wife was NOT happy about it, so I never did it again while we were still together.

Barbara Black
07-15-2015, 08:08 PM
I have been shaving my legs for months, with the knowledge of my wife, I thought. She noticed that I had shaved my upper legs, which I had been doing all along, and got mad. But not too mad. When she found the epilator that I bought through the mail, she had a fit and asked if I was going to start shaving my armpits. Until now I didn't know that was a sensitive spot for her. I guess I'll avoid shaving there, but legs, chest, stomach, above the boys, and face, will remain shaved. I also had difficulty with my chest always itching, but the epilator put an end to that. I use it whenever I think of it, giving it a tour of my body, especially after shaving, and it seems to be making quite a difference in softness and lack of stubble. I love it also. And some day, it'll meet my armpits as well.