PDA

View Full Version : Did your Mother dress you?

KittyD
07-12-2015, 05:23 AM
I've just came across a post of one of our members dressed as a girl as a child my their mother.
Really hit home to myself because I was dressed as a girl by my mother as a child as well, until I was about four or five...
It was a long time ago now and I'd have to check back on photos and talk to her more about it all.
But I do remember it and have had conversation about it before with her over the years.
I do know some of her reasons were:

1. I looked like a little girl.
2. It was easier for her to do it that way, because of my sister.
3. I was cheaper for her. "1970's hard times."
This may have been covered here before - but its would be interesting to see how many of us were dressed as little girls as children and for how long and the mothers reasons...

Kate :D

Marie-Claude, France
07-12-2015, 06:23 AM
No, never.

Sarah-RT
07-12-2015, 06:26 AM
I remember when I was about..5 perhaps my mom putting her lipstick on me, whether I asked or she chose to do so I can't remember but I remember her doing it, me looking in the mirror and wiping it off and asking her to put it on again

Zylia
07-12-2015, 06:38 AM
Dressed as a girl by your mother as a child and becoming a crossdresser in later life: what are the odds, right?

I always considered this one of those emasculation/feminisation fantasies some crossdressers have, I don't know any real-life examples, but I guess it's one of those rare phenomena. I wouldn't use it to justify your crossdressing habit though, because many crossdressers haven't had these kinds of life experiences and still ended up crossdressing.

Marcelle
07-12-2015, 06:40 AM
Hi Kate,

While I can kind of remember liking my sister's clothing when I was young, my mother never made any attempt to dress me as a girl.

Cheers

Isha

Alexis08
07-12-2015, 06:59 AM
Not that I can recall. I put one of my sisters dress on myself when i was around 8 and loved it.

Sharon B.
07-12-2015, 08:17 AM
One of my older sister's dressed me up as a little girl when I was about five and I have been doing it for the last fifty five plus years.

krissy
07-12-2015, 08:58 AM
Not by my mom but my step dad made me dress in my sisters clothes and made me sit on the front porch of our house all day. he was a mean man

JessicaJHall
07-12-2015, 09:13 AM
My nine years older sister dressed me a few times, but I remember trying on my Mom's red nightgown before that, I might have been only four. Or was it after that? Hmmm.. who to blame? Someone else, I think... yes, definitely not my fault.. :heehee:

JeanetteX
07-12-2015, 09:17 AM
No she did not but I often wish she would have. That would probably mean I could now talk freely to her about my crossdressing. But she doesn't know about it and think she would't approve either

cheryl reeves
07-12-2015, 09:20 AM
my mom dressed me til i was 3,her reasoning she wanted her firstborn to be a girl,so she went and bought girl baby clothes,my dad was alright with it at first til he got tired of " what a cute girl you have",and took me for my first regular haircut and many more after that til i was 16 and he died so i went back to growing my hair out,never wore short hair since,except for the 3 mo of basic training then was sent home,due to a disability i never knew i had.

immike
07-12-2015, 09:24 AM
KittyD-
My name is Michelle.I've been in the closet up to now&it's been a huge secret that I started wearing my mothers clothes early,when I was about 14 years old.I started innocently,just trying on one of her dresses&a pair of her heels&looking at myself in her mirror.I started doing it more&more&trying on all of her dresses&suits
and her skirts&blouses.I got bold&took an unopened pkg of her pantyhose out of her drawer&put it on&dressed in one of her outfits with heels&practiced walking around the house in heels,with the drapes closed&the doors locked

julialuv2
07-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Not my mom, my SISTER dressed me as a girl all the time when I was very young. She always wanted a sister and would dress me up to play with her dolls and stuff. My mom would catch us and she would have to tell my sister over and over to stop dressing me up. I didn't mind at all ! lol

Pat
07-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Not me. But even if it's a common thread I'm not sure you can make the case that it's causal. That is, you might be looking to establish that her dressing you that way made you become a crossdresser but there's an equal chance that your natural tendencies to crossdress caused her to want to dress you that way.

LeeBe
07-12-2015, 09:30 AM
My Mom never dressed me, but I remember one time I asked her if I could try on one of her dresses... guess I was 10 or so. Looking back I don't think she was fond of the request, but she did a great job acting indifferent and not making any big deal out of it. I don't remember if she picked something for me to wear or I choose it, anyway I wore it for a while around the house and then I asked her, "what do you think Dad would say?" Thinking he would be amused or entertained in some way of his little boy in a dress. She said, "I don't really think he will like it." I stayed dressed a little while longer thinking about what she said and then quietly took the dress off.

I certainly can say that episode was not the last of my love of women's clothes... LOL!

vicky_cd99_2
07-12-2015, 09:51 AM
My mom dressed me for Halloween one time when I was 11. I had already raided her lingerie and had been wearing her clothes since 8 or so. I don't know if she knew or not and until we meet on the other side I will never know.

Ceera
07-12-2015, 09:53 AM
Not that I can recall.

My mother often told me that as a baby, I had a head of hair full of big blond ringlets, and she got rather frustrated when others would look at me in my stroller or sitting in the back of a grocery cart and say things like, "What a cute little girl!" Her common reply was to say, "He's a BOY!", in a rather exasperated tone. So I think she actually would have avoided dressing me like a girl. (Yet she didn't cut that curly hair of mine for the first few years. Go figure.) By the time I was three or four my hair was kept cut short, and from that time on my father had a 'house rule' that despite it being fashionable for males in the late 60's and the 70's to have long hair, I had to keep my hair worn short. Tapered in back or even crew cuts. So I suspect dad laid down the law at some point on making me look like a boy and not a girl. I do have a sister, but she's about 5 years younger than me, so any hand-me-down clothes went from me to her, not vice versa. And none of my mom's clothes would have fit me as a kid.

Yet at the same time, there were a few confusing things... My first name is somewhat androgynous. It's the name of a type of bird, and I've met several girls with the same first name. And I don't know of any member of the family that ever had that given name. I know mom chose the name for me, but I don't know what may have caused her to choose it. My 'baby blanket' was pink. And when I was six or so I know I had a pink hooded sweatshirt (I've recently seen it in old photos). As a kid, it wasn't uncommon for my mom to take me with her on her weekly trip to the beauty parlor, and I'd get my hair cut there, if I needed a trim, while she had hers styled. That didn't end until I got old enough to wait for her in the kids section of a nearby public library, reading on my own until she was done. So I have lots of childhood memories of sitting around in a beauty parlor, reading the women's magazines and occasionally getting my own hair cut and blow dried or dried in a bonnet-style hair dryer. Maybe my mom secretly wanted to share more 'girl things' with me, but she never came out and said so. I don't think my dad would have let her do much of that, as he was homophobic.

I don't remember playing 'dress up' with girls when I was little, except a little with my sister, and that normally was me dressing her up, not either of us dressing me like a girl. But I did play with girls a lot. My sister was pretty much my best friend, growing up, and still is quite close to me. I had a little sibling rivalry when she was two or so, but quickly got over that and cherished her from then on. All of my first cousins were girls (both slightly older and slightly younger than me), and my sister and I played with them whenever they visited us or vice versa. I vividly recall being the only boy attending a special birthday party for one of my female first cousins, when we visited them in California. They went to a Mattel toy factory. But it turned out to be a tour of just the doll making side. My aunt apologized for it being such a girl-oriented experience, and said she thought the tour also included how some boy-oriented toys were made. I told her I didn't mind, and that I thought it was neat seeing how things were made - especially how they used liquid nitrogen to make it easier to pierce the rubber part that allowed a baby doll to cry. That made her feel okay about it. I remember it didn't bother me at all to be the only boy in a pack of girls, doing girl stuff.

I played with my next door neighbor girl (a year older than me) much more than I did with her younger brother (a year younger than me), from when I was six right on through high school. (Never dated that girl, though.) Two of the three kids I played with most often when we went on beach vacations were girls that were the kids of family friends who owned a small beach resort. I remember playing with their dolls and doing their tea party games and playing with their stuffed toys, and I brought my stuffed toys to 'play with theirs'. I played in mixed groups with all the neighborhood kids, of course, but I probably spent more time playing with small groups of girls than any of the other boys in my neighborhood did.

Dana3
07-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Yes I was dressed as a girl by my older sister, and yes I was molested by a female older cousin (16) while I was a young child. But the truth is? I've always since early memory as a young child, have ALWAYS been STRONGLY drawn toward the feminine, femininity, girls, women, most any and all things defined as feminine, on-and-on- and on! None of the life events, made me a crossdresser.

KittyD
07-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Very interesting reading all your replies so far :)
So it seems that a lot of you had mean Sisters that dressed you up!
A few dressed in their mothers clothes and weren't dressed by their mothers at all.
And some feel that this post was about a connection between being dressed as a little girl to becoming a Cross-dresser... which it not... Hmm... Interesting :D

Kate :)

Stephanie_83
07-12-2015, 11:09 AM
I was never dressed, but I did ask to have my nails painted frequently in pre-school - usually it was just one finger, which was my "power finger" that shot lasers or some other kind of superheroics 😉

KittyD
07-12-2015, 11:12 AM
I was never dressed, but I did ask to have my nails painted frequently in pre-school - usually it was just one finger, which was my "power finger" that shot lasers or some other kind of superheroics 😉

That's just Awesome - I want a power finger now :D

gailprice
07-12-2015, 11:24 AM
I don't remember my mom dressing me as a girl, however all the photos i have of me up to the age of about 3 i am dressed as a girl.

Mmmmm curious :)

Gail xx

Pat
07-12-2015, 11:28 AM

Me too! That's sounds great!

Heidi Stevens
07-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Not only no, but HELL No! She beat the snot out of me one night when she found a broken zipper on her LBD. She made it quite clear that she did not approve of my dressing. I had to make do until I moved out a few years later. She never did know how much dressing I did for the rest of her life.

Barbara Black
07-12-2015, 11:41 AM
I was never dressed as a child, but its a bit surprising, given my head full of curls. I was always teased about them, usually someone commenting that my sisters must be jealous. But having three sisters, that was probably enough for my mother.

Prissy Linda
07-12-2015, 11:49 AM
I remember watching my mother getting dressed in the mornings so I would just sit on her bed and watch her putting on her makeup and doing her hair so I would ask her if I could try some of her makeup, at first it was her red lipstick then I would ask to try on some of the other cosmetics. Later I asked of I could become a girl, I don't recall her answer but she did give me her lipstick that had been worn down but still useable or other items like foundation. I would sometimes ask her for help so she would give me helpful ideas. I got my first new dress and a small purse for my 5th birthday, We went to JC Penny so I could pick out the dress I wanted. So I wouldn't say she started me dressing be she did allow me to explore my girl side since she knew I wanted to be a girl.

Sandie70
07-12-2015, 11:51 AM
Kitty was probably referring to a picture I posted of myself when my mom used to present me as her "little girl" (that ended about 6 months after my 6th birthday). Since my mom really had wanted a girl (I had an older brother), she took me under her wing and taught me a lot of things growing up that used to be considered girly (sewing, cooking, how to iron my clothes, etc.). And I remember being fascinated with her clothes and high heels - even trying her clothes (and bras) on from time to time. Interestingly, I never associated my genetic sex with my love of girly things, but rather, I simply loved dressing up and being feminine.

Of course, as I got older, societal pressures dictated I be the little boy I was supposed to be - but, I still fantasized on occasion about being a pretty girl and wearing beautiful clothes.

Then, I got older and finally reached a point where I could indulge myself - and thus, here I am.

Did my early years influence or cause my dressing? Who knows? I haven't really thought about it as I simply accept my dressing as normal and fun. Sometimes over analyzing something can just muddy the waters.

Anyway, for those who are interested, my picture is in the Picture and Video Gallery under the thread If only I could have stayed a girl.

Abby Kae
07-12-2015, 12:10 PM
It's really interesting how many people were dressed by their sisters!

I had two older brothers, so the opportunity to dress as a child never came around. I wonder how different I'd be today if I'd had the chance to start younger.

Katey888
07-12-2015, 12:20 PM
Also a: No, never...

No sisters either... or any other external influence that I can remember... at all... :)

Not wishing to demean anyone's parents (and mine were definitely on the poor side of things - having to wear underpants bought from the local Co-Op that had 'REJECT' stamped across the arse might have scarred me for life...:facepalm:) but she dressed you in your sister's hand-me-downs because it was easier and cheaper for four years...??? Why stop when you were four..? Or perhaps by then bin-bags were in vogue... ;)

Katey x

michelleddg
07-12-2015, 12:26 PM
My mother used to put nail polish on my brother and me as punishment for biting our nails. I didn't like it.

Old Boy Scout (or, perhaps, revisionist history, Girl Scout) insult: "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny."

Hugs, Michelle

flatlander_48
07-12-2015, 12:45 PM

Midway between the thumb and pinkie? My guess, anyway...

DeeAnn

Confucius
07-12-2015, 03:35 PM
My mother would tell me that she wanted a daughter when I was born. So I was a disappointment when I was born. When I was only 6 months old my mother found herself pregnant again. Again she was praying for a daughter. Her hopes came true, and my sister was born on Christmas Day. My mother would tell us that that was the happiest day of her life. My sister grew up as my mother's spoiled little princess, and her special little treasure. I grew up thinking that my mother would love me more if I was born a girl.

I remember crossdressing from the age of 3. I would raid my mom's clothes and play dress up with her clothes. I called it playing "mommies". My mother did not approve. So one day (when I was 4 or 5) she made a pretty party dress, and she would have me try it on as she continued to work on it. At one point I remember her putting it on me with a petticoat. I would twirl and enjoy seeing the skirt rise. My mother would laugh at this. Then my father walked in, and the dress was given to a neighbor girl. My mom never dressed me up again.

Nonetheless, my mother would often recount the births of my sister and me, with me always getting second billing. I grew up thinking that all mom's preferred girls. My mom would also tell me that I "should have been born a girl", and point out some young features that she would describe as girlish. "Oh, you have the eyes of a girl", or "your smile is pretty, like a girl," or "you would have looked nice as a girl". Those kind of comments continued into my teen years. Needless to say, I've been enjoying crossdressing for as long as I can remember.

RobynT
07-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Nope, but I did grow up in a female-centric home when I was very young. have lots of memories of mom and grandma walking around in slips getting ready for work (gotta love the 60's and vintage slips). For some reason i still remember a classmates yellow dress fondly in 2nd or 3rd grade, and the rest is history....

DanaR
07-12-2015, 05:21 PM
My mom dressed me until I was four years old. One day she had me dressed and my dad came home and saw me, then they got into a fight about it. I found this out later in life when I stumbled across a picture of a little girl that was crying and my mom told me it was me. The reason I was crying, was because of the fight that she and my dad had; which after my mom took the picture, she changed my clothes and my dad took me up to the barber and got all of my hair cut off. So until then, I had long curls.

Jennifer H
07-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes my mom dressed me as a girl up till the age of 5 or 6. I remember a beautiful yellow dress which had a flared skirt which she made for me.

I also remember getting a doll for my birthday and also a tea set in a box.

Jennifer. xxx

bethw49
07-12-2015, 06:23 PM
My mom lost my sister in child birth. At age 4 or 5 I remember her dressing me in girls clothes. She told me she was trying the dress on me to see if it would fit my cousin for her birthday. Looking back I doubt that but something clicked. I realized that I should have been a girl from day one. Thanks mom/ Miss you.

Angie G
07-12-2015, 06:40 PM
No but I would have loved it.:hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
07-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Sadly no. I didn't have any sisters to dress me up either.

My mother often told me that as a baby, I had a head of hair full of big blond ringlets, and she got rather frustrated when others would look at me in my stroller or sitting in the back of a grocery cart and say things like, "What a cute little girl!"

My mom did tell me however that as a baby and toddler I was very pretty with lovely auburn hair and apparently everyone just assumed I was a girl and when my mom corrected them they often would say "no? really? ... he's too pretty, he should have been born a girl!" :)

Edyta_C
07-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Yes I was dressed by my Mother. She really wanted a little girl and for roughly 5 yrs I was dressed as a girl. When my Mother had my brother, things changed. He was born blind and my parents were convinced that it was a punishment for raising me as a girl. Big fight to get my hair cut. I ran away with the neighbor girl that I played with. We eluded police for a while because they were looking for a boy and a girl and saw two girls. I got sent to my grandparents for quite a while to be sure that I couldn't keep playing the girl role. It also made their adjustment to my brother easier I think.

Edy

JocelynJames
07-12-2015, 08:24 PM
No , but it would t have surprised me being one of 6 boys and she always wanted a girl. She had to wait for grand kids to get that wish ( if only she knew )

ChristinaK
07-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Nope, but how it would have been if she did! I always wanted to dress like a girl, but had to be careful I wasn't discovered in my sisters clothes. They felt so good!

Tami Monroe
07-12-2015, 10:30 PM
I almost wish I had a sister so there could have been an excuse for my mother to dress me that way. The fact of the matter is that I am the younger of two brothers. These feelings I have had all my life have been my own, ever since I was about 4 years old.

CONSUELO
07-13-2015, 12:54 AM
My sisters dressed me in a corset when I was just about 5 years old. It was meant as a joke but I took it seriously. Later my younger sister made up my face one day and then made me sit in front of the house so that passers by could see me. That might seem mean but I didn't take it that way. I don't think my Mother would have approved. I never blamed my sisters for becoming a transvestite. I think they just accelerated something that was bound to happen. The die was already cast.

Diane Smith
07-13-2015, 02:59 AM
My mom expected a girl and didn't know what to do when a boy popped out. She never put me in girls' clothes or underthings, but would occasionally polish my nails and put lipstick on me. I remember this as far back as age 2-1/2 or so. I enjoyed it and went out several times with her when she visited her local friends. It was not her idea, but she didn't object when I got my ears pierced at age 9. When I was 12, she took me to a big department store downtown and bought me my first pair of high heels. Must have been quite the sight with me in my earrings, nail polish and lipstick. After puberty started showing, she lost interest and, I think, made an effort to forget any of it had ever happened.

- Diane

KittyD
07-13-2015, 04:14 AM
Truly an interesting mixed bag of comments.
I think its fair to say that many of our mothers would of wanted to of dressed their new born in pretty little outfits. Why not you looked adorable and a beautiful little dress would of been the icing on the cake.
As for some, the point of it being hard times for some of our mothers was a reality and wearing your sisters clothes as hand me downs or in my case my mother who would actually make our clothes and matching outfits.
It just happened she made them both the same and they were very girly looking in style.
The hand me down clothes didn't come till I went to school... and I'm not saying dresses, only her blouses and jumpers.
Although I do remember forgetting my PE or Gym kit and being made to wear these navy blue knickers or panties that the girls would have to wear to do sport, remember this would of been 1976-77.
It was highly humiliating!
With reference to a comment about bin-bags "garbage, trash bags" I believe they called "derelicte" Look up Zoolander. :battingeyelashes:
But all in all very nice reading through the comments left.
With many wishing their mother had dressed them as little girls and of course the amazing "Power Finger" of which we can all agree is something we all need in our life's.
I think we can safely say we can think of many people we'd like to use it on :D

Kate

Angela Marie
07-13-2015, 05:56 AM
I grew up with a single mom; father deceased. She always said she would have liked to have a girl and a boy. I used to wear tights around the house and she let me for a while but eventually told me to stop. I think she was more concerned what people might think if they knew where I was heading. This was, of course, the 60's. Much different than today. My mom was very open minded and a strong woman. Growing up she was my role model and I think thats why I am so attuned and accepting of my feminine side. I would love to have had her meet Angela. She would have been a bit surprised but i'm sure would have been accepting. I always take comfort that she is looking down on me smiling and knowing she really did get the girl she wanted.:)

Karen RHT
07-13-2015, 07:58 AM
In my case, mom didn't dress me consistently in girl clothing, nor did she do it for a need of her own. She did allow and actually "coached" me when I asked for her help to dress me as a young woman for Halloween at age 11. She also allowed me to "practice" dress, and once again coached me, maybe a dozen times, in order to make my presentation even better for a second Halloween party at age 12. At the end of that Halloween however, she suggested it would be best if I didn't continue with dressing. I understood why she suggested I discontinue dressing, (it was 1959) but I continued to do it in secret, or at least what I thought at the time was secret. Looking back, I'm sure she knew I continued to wear her things periodically after that, but just didn't say anything to me about it.

Karen

Krisi
07-13-2015, 08:09 AM
I remember my mother sewing dresses for my girl cousins and she would make my wear them while she marked where the hem would go. My mother really wanted a little girl and when I was very young she would dress me as a girl. I only found out about this when she wrote a story of her life before she died and sent it to everyone in the family. So essentially, she "outed" me.

I suspect she treated me better and fussed over me when I was dressed as a girl and that may have something to do with me dressing as a female now. Of course there's no way to know for sure but that's my best guess.

Lily Catherine
07-13-2015, 08:37 AM
As much as my mum has made one or two passing remarks on wanting a daughter whom she could dress in "such pretty clothes", these were probably entirely in context near a rack of frilly party dresses. She never once dressed me and is reluctant to discuss my dressing. It was always her who figured out - the garments I hid under my bed, the badly hung gown, the change in order of her blouses.

My father apparently dabbled in cross-dressing but his actual behaviours 35 years ago are largely ambiguous. All I know is that his curiosity didn't last long (unlike mine). He would never think of dressing me, so I guess.

Jennifer0874
07-13-2015, 09:55 AM
My older sister used to dress me. She's six years older. It started when I was too young to remember and continued as I got older. Often times when she was the babysitter.

As I got older I can remember looking forward to it. She never thought much of it even when I hit my early teens and started asking for it. It was a sad day when I hit about 16 and was too big for her clothes.

I don't really blame my sister for it because I can remember liking things like Barbie on my own. I feel fortunate that she didn't tell my parents and continued to support me as I got older.

sometimes_miss
07-13-2015, 10:51 AM
Mom dressed me in my sister's clothes when I was a toddler. Supposedly to keep me from ruining my 'good boy clothes'. But her decision to let my hair grow out was probably not out of that interest, as we had enough money for lots of other things, just not for me. She's use all sorts of excuses; the line at the barber was too long, or we'd miss our bus if we stayed and got my hair cut. By the time I was in grade school my dad had tried to take over taking me to the barber shop but he worked so much, every day and saturdays too, that it wasn't unusual for me to to wind up with a sort of 'dutch boy' haircut (the picture on the paint can), easily getting me mistaken for a girl a lot.

AndreaSC
07-13-2015, 06:40 PM
Yes, my mom use to dress me as a girl. I am the youngest of three boys and I guess she wanted a girl. I would be dressed that way until I was 4 and a boy picked on me because I was wearing the white ankle socks with the lace around them. She stopped dressing me, but I started on my own when I was 7. I did it off and on through high school, even dressing once or twice for a neighbor "friend". ;) I now have a family of my own, and I can't dress like I want, but I love being ME when I can!!!

Megan Nicole
07-14-2015, 08:16 AM
I see similarities here from many of your posts. I’m certain my mom wanted a girl & I kind of filled the gap a little till my sister came along 7 years later. I remember some lite dressing from mom and even have a couple pics (actually slides) from when I was about 6 years old. Lots of remarks during those young years that I still remember today. “You’re pretty enough to be a girl, if you were a girl I would…., let me put an apron on you and you can help me bake cookies, etc.” I use to hear it all the time and even at such a young age I would sneak and put on moms slips, dresses, shoes and such. I loved it back then and still do today. I’ve often wondered if that type of exposure made me the way I am today? Big mystery I guess.
Meg

BillieJoEllen
07-14-2015, 10:22 AM
I was often dressed in my sister's panties because my boy undies were 'dirty'. I don't remember anything at all about my baptism at age three and a half but I have since seen pictures of myself dressed in a really adorable white (flower girl?) dress. When I was about ten I attended a party out on my aunt's farm. Despite strict warnings I got my clothes dirty. My aunt was furious. She took me in the house and had me take everything off so that she could wash them. She then came back and despite my strong objections she dressed me in my cousins clothes. I don't remember if panties were part of the deal. I was then sent out to play with my other cousins. I was really ridiculed. I was so embarrassed I remember wanting the earth to swallow me up. Thing of it was she could have dressed me in a boy cousins clothes. Probably during this time period (about ages seven to eleven) my mother used me as a dress model for dresses she was supposedly making for a girl cousin on the other side of the family. I don't believe my mother ever gave those dresses to her. On a few occasions she even had e wear girls underwear 'while having me help her. On three or four occasions I was dressed during a large part of the day while she made 'alterations'. As a child I never had the desire to dress. I first dressed on my own when I was eleven. When I was a few years older my mother caught me dressed in my sister's clothes. At the time to her it was the worse thing that has ever happened in the whole history of the world. Of course she got my father involved. To this day I can't understand my mother's reaction.

Stephanie_83
07-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Midway between the thumb and pinkie? My guess, anyway...

DeeAnn

Hahaha, I think it was my pointer actually 😆 - better to zap the bad guys!

Carla4Guage
07-14-2015, 01:37 PM
I was never dressed as a girl, to my knowledge. I was the first of 3 boys born in our family, so there wasn't a stash of fem clothes to try on, other than my mothers, but I don't remember ever doing so.
I do however have a picture of my father at about age 4 or 5 in a white dress wearing curly light colored hair almost down to his shoulders. He was raised by three old maid aunts, after his mothers death.
My Dad died many years before I started dressing, but I would love to have gotten his comments about the aunts dressing him as a girl.

Helen 2
07-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Okay, here it goes, fully well understanding that it will be seen by some as fiction but...it's not.

Yes, Mom dressed me as a girl and encouraged, supported and aided me in crossdressing from the age of right around 10.

My sister -the only girl sibling in the family- died of double pneumonia when I was 9 and she 11. It was Mom's fault as she did not consider her symptoms serious until it was too late -mind u, this was 1961. Mom went into a very severe depression and was institutionalized & subject to therapy which included electroshocks which would leave her a babbling, drooling mess.

She was released after three months and about three months after release, one day at home while Dad is away, she starts looking at me and saying things like 'you look so much like your sister' and 'I miss her so much' and then out of the blue, asks me if she can dress me in my sisters clothing. Of course I refused with a nasty retort of some sort which sent her into a babbling, sobbing, gut-tearing episode that we had been warned must be avoided at all costs so very frightened, I said 'okay, okay'

We proceeded to my sister's room where I was slipped into panties, a training bra which Mom stuffed with some breast enhancers she had, a slip of some sort, ankle socks and a lovely yellow dress. Mom did not like how my front side looked in a dress so she went and retrieved one of her panty girdles which I wriggled into. Shoes came from Mom's closet because my sister's were too small and after I was dressed and I'll never know why....I loved it. Maybe it was the attention, maybe the feel of the girdle and tug of the bra straps on my shoulders, but....I was hooked. I spent the better part of the day dressed and enjoyed every minute of it and Mom's doting attentions and coaching on how to sit, walk, etc etc. She warned me it was to be our secret...

Two weeks later the opportunity presented itself and she asked me again and I did not complain or resist. Three weeks or so after that the opportunity presented itself again and that time it was me who asked if I could dress and from then on, I could be Maria Elena (my full femme name, Helen here on the Forum and a slight twist to my sister's name of Maria Nelia) whenever I wanted to and we were alone. Over time I moved on to 'big girl' underthings such as firmer, more controlling girdles and long-line bras, stockings and heels and grew comfortable with Mom doting on me whenever I dressed and as she saw my 'grow into womanhood' under her care and feeding.

This lasted until Dad found out in the summer of 1966 (another story altogether) and Mom died shortly after, but her love and caring for my femme side lasted until her deathbed when she one time, she very privately and quietly said to me 'tell Maria Elena I loved her....she was the one who made me sane again'.

Cheers, Mom....I still miss you...
Helen

Beverley Sims
07-15-2015, 07:38 AM
Not the family so much, but a myriad of girlfriends and a friend who wanted a daughter saw the possibilities of dressing me up.

With the girlfriends it was to even up the pairs when going out for the evening.... Or so I thought. :)

heathr1
07-16-2015, 02:16 PM
When I was about 8, I arrived home to find mom had bought me a girl's blouse. She said she had bought it in error, thinking it was a boy's shirt and asked if I would wear it anyway. I did so. I remember she encouraged me to let her put a few curls in my hair when she showed me a curling tong she had just bought. When I was about 13, she and a neighbour encouraged me to wear the neighbour's boots. I loved that.

Diedre
07-17-2015, 07:19 AM
When I was around 13 my mother would use me for a dress form for sewing she took in. It did not go unnoticed that I started showing a little too much interest in the role as I would stay dressed in the under garments long after the fitting was over.

I got replaced by a form my mother got from a resale shop.

Mayo
07-17-2015, 12:02 PM
Not I. As to whether or not such a thing is causal, I wonder. Certainly a century ago very young boys wore dresses for their first few years at least and I don't know (I have no idea at all, in fact) if the incidence of CD was higher in that generation than it is now (of course, at the time it was considered completely normal attire). I'm sure that there are a myriad of reasons why people choose to dress, and being dressed as a child may certainly be causal in at least some cases.

Megan Nicole
07-17-2015, 12:20 PM
After reading other replys on this thread, I suppose I could add to my previous post that much of my younger years, especially up to age 10 or more was spent mostly with young girls. I had a slew of female cousins around my age, and a few neighbor girls around the same. They were my playmates most of the time just because there were no boys around to play with. When playing with young girls you just get tossed into doing what young girls do. I remember dabbling in makeup when they would put on makeup, and sometimes slipping on girl clothes when playing. I really didn't think anything of it and neither did they, but I sure liked it. I suppose some, or all of these circumstances may have lead to my passion to CD throughout my life. I don't know. Maybe if things had been different I would have not had the desire. Still, I enjoy who I am and life is good. Just reflecting here.

Meg

OCCarly
07-17-2015, 01:19 PM
I remember my grandmother putting shoes and earrings on me when I was about four. The one thing I remember is that although I liked the earrings, they hurt, because they had screw in shafts and my ears weren't pierced. The shoes were these shiny red things with two or three inch heels as I recall, and of course they were huge on my tiny feet.

maya1love
07-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes, my mom did dress me for Halloween once when I was eight. It's a bit of a long story, but here goes.

My mom was (and is) very practical about buying things on sale. Because we had a large friend circle, there was always someone's birthday, and so my mom would often buy dresses for little girls if they were on sale in advance. (I did not have any sisters, just an older brother.) She would store these little dresses in a closet in the guest room. I even recall her putting the dresses in my brother and my room (we shared a room) from time to time. Anyways, I remember at age 4 developing a fascination for the dresses, and I wanted to try them on. I knew at that age that, as a boy, I was not supposed to like wearing dresses. So, I would sneak a dress into the washroom and try it on. I remember being caught one day by my brother (who was probably 6 at the time) and him calling me "girl!" Luckily, that died down. I continued to try on the dresses and then put them back on the hangers as best I could over those years. But, I do remember my mom rummaging through the dresses once and saying, "I can't give this away. It looks like it's been worn."

When I was 8 and Halloween came around that year, there was not enough time for my mother to get me a costume. So, she suggested that I go dressed as a girl. I remember being very embarassed by what she said, and did not encourage it. Later that day, as Halloween night was approaching, she showed me a dress that she had gotten from my cousin (who is my age and lived a short distance away). It was a short red dress with lace trim on its hem, shoulders and arms. I'm not sure what my mother was thinking -- perhaps she sensed that I was a little boy who was fascinated by feminine things -- I don't know...but with a lot of reluctance on my part and alot of reassurance by my mom, I wore the dress, my cousin's panties, knee high white socks and red mary jane shoes. She put a little makeup on me. I remember looking in the mirror and seeing a little girl looking back. I could also tell that my mom seemed really happy seeing me this way.

When my dad and brother saw me, they teased me lightly and then my dad took my brother and I trick or treating. Well, what was fascinating was that no one suspected I was a boy! I remember one lady who came to the door to give us candy said, "Oh, where is your costume?" I was so embarassed that I did not say anything.

Anyways, after that night, it seemed that I couldn't get enough of wanting to dress up (secretly of course). I would sneak into my mother’s closet and wear her clothes, makeup, etc. I always suspected that my mother knew what I was doing, so I tried not to. I certainly did not become a crossdresser because of this episode, but I think it left an important imprint on me.

Della
07-17-2015, 11:19 PM
I remember one time, maybe five or six. Mom had or talked me in to putting on a mini skirt. I don't know why she did it, but it stayed with me. I was a "boy," all "boy," footfall, baseball, dirt and stuff. I recall saying, "i.m a boy" a few times after that to comments from strangers when they told my parents I was a cute girl, but that was likely because my parents let my hair go a little long.

AndreaSC
07-25-2015, 08:56 AM
Yes, my mother dressed me as a girl up until I was 4. Being the youngest of three boys, I guess she has wanted a girl, so I was her girl. Then when I was around 7, I started dressing on my own and have when I can ever since. Thanks Kate for the thread!

AndreaSC

angelica92
07-25-2015, 12:12 PM
My mother never dressed me up :( i had one experience when my oldest sister did dress me and a friend up in one of her dresses. that was fun:P

Sandie70
07-25-2015, 12:17 PM
Until the age of six I was dressed and presented by my mom as a girl. My dad put a stop to it as I entered kindergarten. This topic was covered in another thread I posted a bit ago and I even posted a picture of myself as a little girl.

Chantel Lacey
07-25-2015, 12:50 PM
I believe both my parents wanted a girl.,. they both seemed to take an interest in my body as I grew up an I was often sent to school in girls clothes.,. girls pants tops an shoes.,. i was simply told it did not matter what i wore for clothes as long as they covered my body an were clean.,. mom had several boxes of girls an woman's clothes that were in storage along with my boy toys.,..,. I was constantly bathed by both parents an made to exercise, breath slowly, take hot an cold showers to clean an purify the skin an body.,. I had no brothers or sisters an spent countless days an weeks alone on the farm with no close neighbors so I had only myself to play with.,. I often dressed in all the clothes that fit tight an smelled wonderful of perfume.,. if the clothes felt soft an were elastic in any way or could change how my body looked an felt I wanted to wear them.,. one piece bating suites an corsets were my favorites to wear .,. or any clothes that I had to pour myself into to get on like a second skin.,. my favorite clothes today have spandex in them so they fit as tight as possible.,. since men have constantly found me attracted an I love to dress this seems to be a very natural step for me to take.,. Im middle age an I am enjoying my life more today then i did when I was younger.,.
cheers all an have a great day an or night

Brenda456
07-25-2015, 06:39 PM
My mom always bought my clothes. Unfortunately, I did not always agree with her choices.

Jennifer in CO
07-27-2015, 10:14 AM
When I was young, no...at least not unless necessary. As a small child I was in and out of Hospitals with asthma related illnesses till I was 7 or 8. When it was a quite cold night, I would be put in my older Sisters old long flannel nightgowns for bed. I have shared before about a movie of a Christmas one year where I and my sister come into the living room that morning and both of us in frilly floor length flannel gowns then after about 2 seconds the movie stops abruptly and the next instant I am in a long robe covering most of the gown (the fringe at the floor still clearly visible). When younger I have also seen photos of me in my sisters short-sets playing in the back yard. But those were rare and far between. After my 3 weeks with my Aunt when I was 11 wearing nothing but girls clothes (which she knew of after the fact) and then when I stayed with the GP's for the summer I was 14 and spend nearly the entire time there as Jennifer (something she did not know about) AND raiding my Sisters pantie drawer for some time after that I'm pretty sure she knew I wasn't going to quit.
To make the long story short, Mom bought all our (Sis and my) clothes till we were able to drive to the shops and get them ourselves. When I was 16 I had to play driver for her as she broke her foot. We went to the GAP for what I thought was something for my Sister (in the early 70's GAP was a girls trendy store) but while there I found that not only what I had on at that moment but most of what was in my closet had come from the GAP as well. Just not girly looking stuff.
So, in a long round-a-bout way yes she did...

MissTee
07-27-2015, 11:39 PM
We were very very poor when I was growing up. Hand-me-down hand me down's were not uncommon. Since my all my siblings but one were male we recycled male clothes. My younger sister got boy clothes often, and to this day she hates girl clothes. I suppose it can have an impact, then. That said, what we ended up wearing wasn't done due to any gender bending agenda. We just could not afford much of anything and buying food and heating oil mattered most.

leotard fan
07-29-2015, 03:40 AM
unfortunately, my mom never dress me. i think she knew i use her and female clothes, but never speak with me about it...

Claire Cook
07-29-2015, 04:55 AM
The memory is a bit fuzzy but yes, when I was 4 or 5 my mom let me play "dress-up" as a girl ... until she realized that I really liked it. Like others here, she wanted a daughter (I was an only kid) and maybe that was part of it. As I've posted before, she knew that I would dress in her clothes but never could bring herself talk to me about it. I wish she had. And I had curly hair too, and I'd get remarks like "That hair should be on a girl". Little did they know....

pamela7
07-29-2015, 06:07 AM
no, nor did any girls. I guess the question originates around where our early influences come from. We're all dressed as babies and toddlers until we get to a capability to self-dress. One of my best friends up to age 10 was a tomboy. A lifelong sibling rivalry with a sister i think pushed me to the macho-male side for a long, long time, and i see my late onset as regaining my feminine.

HollyGreene
07-29-2015, 05:03 PM
I was never dressed as a girl by my mother.
As a kid going through puberty, my mother bought some lacy panties for my younger sister. Until then, she'd worn plain cotton ones, so this was a real departure. The odd thing is that my sister didn't really like them and ended up putting them right at the back of her underwear drawer, never to be worn by her again.
After I first saw them, I had the strange desire to try them on.
I was a latch-key kid and was often home alone after school for about 30 minutes a couple of times a week, so one day I ventured to try on those panties. They fitted me perfectly and they felt fantastic, so it became a regular occurrence.
There was one occasion when I was wearing them and my mother came home earlier than expected. When I heard the front door being unlocked I quickly grabbed my clothes and ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I spent the rest of that day wearing my sister's panties after which I was hooked.

sarahcsc
07-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Actually... now that you've mentioned it, my mother dressed me up to! I think its because she thought I looked like a girl. haha. :D

chris63
07-29-2015, 05:45 PM
No. I dressed myself in my moms lingerie and my sisters panties.

Girl
07-31-2015, 04:05 AM
She dressed me up once when she'd bought a dress for a friend's daughter who was roughly my height and she wanted to know if it was the right size. I loved it!

My earliest crossdressing though was sneaking into my mother's room and trying on her lingerie. I loved that too! :)

ashley-fl
07-31-2015, 05:13 AM
My mother didnt , but my grandmother would. She use to make my cousins dresses and we were all about the same size, so I was the one that would wear the dress while she altered them. Also my cousins would leave some clothes at my grandmother's house and if mine got dirty I would end up wearing there clothes.

Alaina Ann
08-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Yes, my Mom dressed me as a girl from little on. She wanted a baby girl and along came me. I wore panties, dresses, blouses, pedal pushers, and short skirts from little on. She bought all my clothes till I graduated from High School. It was always the most feminine style of everything for males. Around the houses it was always real girls clothes. She often grounded me for nothing, and made me stay home to do girly things with her. Sewing, dusting, ironing, cooking, baking, cleaning, laundry, etc. and all while wearing ruffled panties, short sun dresses, and make up. Always insisted that I urinate while sitting down. Loved her very much and miss her dearly.

Ninna
08-13-2015, 12:30 PM
No, never, it would have been magnificent , and so I did not have to constantly steal their hose haha

Missy43
08-14-2015, 09:28 AM
No, my mom never dressed me. She did find my stash of clothes twice which didn't go over so well.

TracyT
10-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Mom never dressed me as a girl but she did do the classic “If you’re going to have long hair like a girl you’re going to take care of it like a girl.” When I was about 8 and growing my hair out she took me to her hairdresser, who gave me a very cute bob. I was the youngest kid and since I was 3 or 4 I had usually accompanied Mom to the salon for her regular weekly shampoo-&-set. The stylist, Deb, had joked a few times about putting me in curlers under the dryer. Anyway after she had cut my hair a couple of times she and Mom were talking about to me about how to style it and she said “You really ought to try a roller set.”
So a couple of nights later Mom had me wash it at home and then proceeded to set it in her plastic rollers. I had to sit under her bonnet dryer for a half hour while it dried, and then wear the rollers till bedtime, and then sleep in a hairnet. (I think she thought I’d decide to cut it rather than endure having it set.) My brother and sister, needless to say, found it hilarious. It actually turned out lovely and from then on she put me in rollers 3X a week. My sister and I both had to sleep in curlers on Saturday night, before church. After several months of this she said “We might as well have Deb set it while you’re at the beauty parlor.” So I started having weekly roller sets along with Mom. The women at the salon were very amused but they were very kind about it and more than once I heard “I wish my son would take such good care of his hair.”
This continued into high school. When my girlfriend and I first went out she asked “I’ve been dying to know: Do you curl your hair?” She was amazed to find out that I did and we often did our hair in hot rollers together.
I’ve had long hair ever since and I still enjoy going to the salon for regular shampoos and sets.

Tracii G
10-13-2015, 08:13 PM
Been so long ago I have no idea.

Lea
10-14-2015, 06:30 AM
Mom always told me that I was supposed to be a girl and she let on that she was disappointed that I was not. She has told me that her and dad would argue on getting my hair cut and that people used to compliment her on her pretty girl. When I became school age this all stopped.

I was able to get this all confirmed years ago when my dad was dying. He would have lapses were he let his guard down and would say a few things about what he saw in World War II and how I was raised. One day I took a picture of my daughter in to his room, she was wearing a very frilly dress and tights. When I asked him if he knew that person he insisted it was me in a dress. No matter how many times I said it was his granddaughter he said no his son. That helped explain a lot of things.

Several years ago my wife, my mother and myself all went out on Halloween dressed as female vampires all in black dresses. Mom enjoyed it but never admitted to anything. Now that she is in assisted living and has memory problems she has slipped a few times but never admitted fully to it.

Adriana Moretti
10-14-2015, 07:55 AM
yes....i recall days like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW4IZ0Flh3M

mikeyp
10-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Yes, my Mom dressed me as a girl from little on. She wanted a baby girl and along came me. I wore panties, dresses, blouses, pedal pushers, and short skirts from little on. She bought all my clothes till I graduated from High School. It was always the most feminine style of everything for males. Around the houses it was always real girls clothes. She often grounded me for nothing, and made me stay home to do girly things with her. Sewing, dusting, ironing, cooking, baking, cleaning, laundry, etc. and all while wearing ruffled panties, short sun dresses, and make up. Always insisted that I urinate while sitting down. Loved her very much and miss her dearly.

Sounds like a wet dream

wilt575
10-14-2015, 12:45 PM
It was a combination of older sister and mother, sister started dressing me when we were home alone or her friend was over. Mom eventually found out and thought I made a cute little sister for Tina so encouraged me. To the point of giving me hormones in my preteens and later. We were just a family of three girls, dad left when I was 2 never heard from again.

larry
10-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Adriana, Now you did it. I went to your BlogSpot. How am I supposed to get anything else done today ? hehe

Shads_Firehawk
10-14-2015, 01:33 PM
My mother did not dress me but when I was around 6 or 7, my grandmother bought me some mens briefs (she called them knickers). I always hated Y-fronts because of the flap at the front. And because the briefs are called "mens" it was ok to wear them. I have been wearing this style ever since as I have yet to find anything else that is reasonably comfortable.

Herbie
10-19-2015, 06:37 PM
She never dressed me, but I do recall at a very young age watching her get dressed. I saw her putting on her bra, girdle and stockings many times. Didn't think anything of it at the time and hadn't even thought about it until I began reading this thread. I do recall opening up her dresser drawer and handing her panties. What I was really after at the time was money. Mom kept a stash of cash under her panties. Must have been 8 or 10 when I was sneaking money.

madcitycdph
10-20-2015, 10:24 AM
My grandma would let me wear her knee highs. That led to me wearing my mom's pantyhose at about 4 or 5 years old. Started again in puberty. My mom found out in high school, and was ok with it. We would shop catalogs together and she would by my pantyhose at the store for me.

Myra Thomas
10-21-2015, 08:01 AM
Yes my mother dressed me up in my sister's clothes as far back as I can remember, and I never objected as I loved it! My favourite dresses were a green and velvet one with puffed sleeves and a white fabric lace pattern around the neck line and sleeves. I remember that I also wore her pink knickers,petticoat,white socks and a pair of sandals with a buckle.Its strange that I cannot remember my father or sister in all of this.When I was 10 years old my mother took me to see our GP as that's all I would do was beg to be a girl. I remember the doctor saying "he'll grow out of it" but of course I never did!!

Brendaben
10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
When I came out to my mom when I was 14 and told her I like to wear panties and I was a crossdresser she said no your not a crossdresser you just*You just like to wear women's underwear I said no mom I like wearing a bra and panties address And she didn't want to say it but I had three sisters and I'm on all I lived with his woman so I had up A lot of stuff To choose fromBut I grew up with three sisters so I had a lot of bras and panties and shoes from And That's that's how I started crossdressing

lingerieLiz
10-27-2015, 11:38 PM
My mother put me in my sister's panties one day because all my underwear was dirty. I liked it so much that I've worn them ever since. She didn't encourage it, but my sisters did. I grew up being coached in all the things girls learn. Since both sisters worked as part time dance instructors I learned to dance backwards. Worked great because we all worked at a private boys school. Bad part was they got to go to the dances in pretty long dresses and I didn't. There were a few boys that would tease me about being their dates while I was teaching them. I'm sure a couple were serious. They both had great taste but different likes in clothes so I inherited both of their wardrobes which gave me a great start when I left home. All three of us were about the same size 6. I ended up with the poodle skirts, petticoats, and all the other fashions of the late 50s and early 60s. Working for a large department store with a generous discount I soon had a wardrobe to die for. I'm sure many of the women working there were aware of who I was buying for.

Brandy
10-28-2015, 08:02 AM
My mom never dressed me, but I remember being playing with some of her nylon slips when I was 7 or 8. I would take them behind a chair that stood next to a bookcase so it was like a private dressing room. I loved the texture of them would put them and then tie them like a superhero cape. At first they didn't protest but eventually they figured (I'm guessing) it might end up having an impact on me so they took them away and said I shouldn't do it again. I more or less forgot about it until my adolescence when it came back to me one day and I really wanted to feel that fabric again . . . and that's when it all kind of started.

I was also in our church's children's choir and before any performance they would put bright red lipstick on us all so our mouths would be more pronounced on stage. I hated it so much but think that might also have had an influence.

Amy Lynn3
10-28-2015, 09:05 AM
My Mom never dressed me, but gave my sister permission. I was really young and my older sister would dress me like a little girl, as she wanted a little sister. My sister to this day still laughs about doing it. Mom had fun with it and so did the rest of the family. I soon started snatching my sisters panties and wearing my Mom's black Open Bottom Girdle, which I was caught several times doing it.
At age 3, 4, and 5 I had no idea why I was compelled to wear panties, girdles and nylons, but I was and still love it today.

Judith96a
10-28-2015, 12:38 PM
Not as a child but once, indirectly, as a teenager!
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away (not really) our newly-arrived minister's two daughters decided that it would be a hoot if, as part of a church social, the boys in the youth group dressed up as girls for a spoof 'fashion show'. Little did I know that both their mother and mine were in on this. It was kinda awkward, making like I wanted no part of it, trying not to give away the fact that I was rather more comfortable in a dress than I had any right to be, borrowing lingerie from mother (who enjoyed making me squirm) etc.
Little did anyone know how much I secretly wished that they'd push the envelope a bit and 'make' us stay 'dressed' all evening!

MeredithG
10-28-2015, 10:03 PM
Only once. When I was 13 I decided to dress up as a cheerleader for Halloween. I think I told my mom and asked to borrow my sister's cheerleader sweater and Pom-poms. She quickly got one of her plaid skirts and a pair of pantyhose got me to try on and wear too. She also got me a couple of barrettes for my hair and had me go next door to show our neighbors how I looked. Their older teenage daughter was home and made me wait a couple of minutes for her to load some film In her camera to snap a couple of pictures. We never really talked about it afterward, other than she asked me if I had fun trick or treating, and to look at the 2 pictures the neighbor had taken. But she did bring it up about 15 years later when my sister graduated from college, so she did remember it.

Melissa in SE Tn
12-27-2015, 09:52 AM
No, but it's interesting to think how my life & relationships would have turned out if she did dress me .

MarciManseau
12-27-2015, 10:13 AM
My slightly older sister always dressed me up in her clothes and undies; my mother kept telling her to stop, but she never really seemed to mean it. Eventually she just gave up and let me be a girl whenever my sister and I felt like it, which was a lot. Mom worked second shift so we were home alone usually. Never knew our dad. I've never regretted a second of it.

Amanda M
12-27-2015, 12:13 PM
I find the thread slightly strange, in that my mother was a very conservative lady indeed. However, being Scottish, it was almost mandatory to wear the kilt on high days and holidays. Now on these occasions she insisted that I wear what I knew then was girls' underwear. I fought against it - not to hard - and found I liked it, I seem to remember.
Make of it what you will!

Patty Phose
12-27-2015, 12:39 PM
No, but my mother used to let me wear her pantyhose and stockings. Well, one thing led to other things

JessieA
12-27-2015, 12:52 PM
When I was 12 or 13 a neighbor remarked how much I look like a girl. (a lot of people remarked on that when I was young) and talked my mother in to dressing me as a teenage girl. When she was done they both thought I looked like a 14 or 15 year old girl. Before that time many times various slightly older girls would dress me up for fun. It was a very long time till I dressed after that but the image of that teenage girl stayed with me all these years. I wish I had a picture.

Crissy Kay
12-27-2015, 03:44 PM
These are the kind of threads that I really enjoy reading. Sorry, I have nothing to add here, as I was never dressed as a girl by my mom or sis. I did not start cross dressing until later in life. I never even thought about it as a kid. But I find it very interesting how most of you got started.

Robin777
12-27-2015, 04:09 PM
I never was dressed as a girl by my mother, unless she did it when I was too young to remember. I just grew up with a mother that told me repeatably that when I was born they were expecting a girl. She will never know that she got part of her wish.

Taylor186
12-27-2015, 06:19 PM
No not really. I had one older brother, and did wear hand-me-downs, but they unfortunately didn't include anything from a nonexistent stylish older sister.

Mom did indirectly help me crossdress for a Christmas pageant when I was 8 or 9. Six of us were selected to be elves (three boys and three girls) and we all wore a green tunic-like thing with black tights and a little red-cheeked makeup. I remember when my mom tightened the belt around my waist the bottom of the tunic, which ended above my knees, shortened and flared out like a pleated skirt. To be clear no one else saw the elf-boys or elf-girls as crossdressed that night, but in my mind, wearing black girls ballet tights and a "pleated skirt," I was.

CarolMyers
12-27-2015, 06:21 PM
No. I do it by myself.

Allison_CD
12-27-2015, 07:16 PM
My Mother used to put me in a pinny apron and rubber gloves and make me wash the dishes and other womans work.

baldy1
12-28-2015, 01:32 AM
Hi Kate i always remember wearing a nightdress when i was about five years old put on me by my Mother. The reason was shortage of bed clothes alas there was six of us at the time but i was the only boy of four wearing something female?

Julie

krissy
01-01-2016, 08:18 AM
My mom didn't dress me up but my step dad made me dress in a dress and panties of my sisters and her shoes and made me sit on the porch all day as punishment..hate to say it but i love every minute of it:daydreaming:

missjoann
01-01-2016, 01:32 PM
This is where it all started for me...I was an only child, and my dad worked a lot of nights...my mother had always wanted a girl, so when I was around 3yrs old whenever my dad wasn't home she would dress me into her little girl....this went on until I was in my first year of high school...each day when I would come home she would have an outfit picked out for me...it just became a way of life for me and now in my late 60's I am living 24/7 as the woman I was ment to be and love it

MarciManseau
01-01-2016, 05:07 PM
What a wonderful mother you were raised by. Lucky you! Did you and she ever discuss your wearing pretty things? I'd love to know more about that. Feel free to PM me if it's more that you want to talk about on the open forum.

missjoann
01-01-2016, 05:11 PM
You may pm me anytime and I will fill you in...I will say that I had quite a collection of clothing at a very young age...my dad never knew anything about this

Mandy_K
01-02-2016, 03:26 AM
Although I feel my mother always catered (in secret) to my desires of dressing up, She only directly tried to one time, I may have been 10 or 11, I was at a large clothing store (Foleys or JC penney) with my mother, all of a sudden she started chatting away with 2 nice ladies, since i was a child i paid no attention to their conversation. All of a sudden she kneeled down and asked me if i would like to help the nice ladies out; I believe they said i had almost the exact body shape of their neice (even as a child i always had large thighs and butt with small torso and arms) and if i could try on this little party dress (i believe its called a taffeta which are really ruffled with a type of built in petticoat) it was light blue and beautiful. my heart rate went sky high and much and i really wanted to do so but i flat out refused, i pretended to be really offended :heehee: my mom persisted a bit more and the women offered to give me enough money for a nice big new toy :daydreaming: I still stuck to my guns and refused :sad: and i have always regretted that especially since i turned out to be a CD anyways

kaleyg
01-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Can't remember if I already replied to this thread. I don't remember my mom every dressing me up, but she did take pictures when my sister dressed me. Sometimes I wonder if I just don't remember her dressing me. Now a year or so ago, I was participating in a charity event where I had to dress up, and she offered to help. She took me out dress shopping (2nd hand stores), bought my heels and wig, and even bought me some make up. (I bought a few other things.) When I tried everything on (just to see how it looked) at her house, she loved it and we even went ahead and had a glass of wine on the balcony! (She lives in a condo). When we were about to eat dinner, I said I should go change so I don't get anything on the dress, but she said, "No, here, just put on an apron." That was one of the greatest moments of my life. It meant two things -- she knew I was enjoying being dressed and didn't want to change, AND it meant that she not only accepted it but was enjoying girl time with me. After that, she got out a bunch of fun outfits for me to try on (there was a talent part to the event and I needed a costume). We are the same size, but I'm a lot taller. I posted pictures of this a while back. It sounds like a fantasy, but I swear all of it happened. Since then, I've had many more visits where we went out together.

Allison Chaynes
01-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Not as a kid. In fact, she went out of her way to embarass me when she found her panties in my room as a teen.

As an adult, I have tap danced around the issue with her. I told her my doctor suggested pantyhose to help with nerve problems (restless leg) at night. She told me where to go and what kind to get. Last year when she complained about her feet, I asked if she had considered men's shoes, and informed her that I wore women's tennis shoes now because they were less painful after being on my feet all day at work (true).

Last year after heart surgery, she stayed with me for a couple days while my wife worked. My wife laid out some JMS sport panties that look like men's if you aren't really looking, and a pair of black velour lounge pants with pink trim. Mom had to help me dress, and we told her I did not have any elastic waist pants so it was my wife's idea to wear hers. So I guess for two consecutive days, Mom did dress me, kind of unknowingly.

gabriella1964
01-19-2016, 06:47 PM
My mother had five boys me being the youngest, as a young boy she dressed me in dresses and i had long curly blonde hair , when i met my wife i showed her a pic of me as a young boy dressed in girls clothes , I told her it was my sister who had died....to cruel i know but did tell her the truth .

CallmeAlice
01-19-2016, 07:46 PM
No she's never dressed me up, she did want to put mascara on me, I have really long eye lashes. Though my dad wouldn't let her do it, bummer :/

Kacey Black.
01-19-2016, 08:29 PM
I too love posts like this as they always seem to make me wonder. Sure, one could think it had something to do with becoming what we are, but then again... it probably doesn't.

Allow me to be the first... to post a pic.

Here's what my mom did to us once. I'm sure it was all in good fun.

I'm that tall skinny thing with the sucker. The year, about 1979.

Krystenw
01-20-2016, 04:39 PM
Been there, Done that.
I have posted this before,
But here is a photo of me on my 6th birthday.
Apparently my dad had it in his wallet when he died.
Krysten

Paula_56
01-23-2016, 09:52 AM
My Mom was a seamstress and always had me wear gowns and dresses to hem them. I use to love this, but my brother started teasing me and i became embarrassed. Apparently he never agreed to do this sort of favor for Mom.

I started wearing her things when she was not around and she confronted me about this, and told me to leave her stuff alone.

How ever after that she started to store older dresses and clothes in my bedroom closet.

Years later I connected the dots and believe they were put there for me on purpose

TracyUK
01-23-2016, 10:03 AM
My mother had found my stash of clothes more than once but never questioned me about, so must have known. Moms are the best.

CarlaWestin
01-23-2016, 10:48 AM
Apparently my dad had it in his wallet when he died.

I'm not sure if mom dressed me but, my sisters probably did.

My Dad had this picture of me in his wallet.

Apparently, I really enjoyed tooling around the beach in this leopard print bathrobe when I was 10.

missjoann
01-23-2016, 01:24 PM
I was on only child and my mother had always wanted a girl...whenever my dad wasn't home my mom dressed me..this continued until I had started high school and then it was on a limited basis after that...that was the very beginning of Miss Joann....today I am 24/7 femme and living the dream of who I was meant to be:battingeyelashes:

nikkiwindsor
01-23-2016, 02:05 PM
Not that I'm aware of...

Mickitv
01-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes my mother dressed me one Halloween as a little girl when I was in first or second grade. It still has the same satisfying feeling I had then.

sally silverfox
01-23-2016, 04:44 PM
When I was very young I took ballet lessons and was dressed as a girl complete with make up. I started wearing my mother's panties and then moved to other lingerie a d outer clothes. I used her nylon slips and panties to masturbate and although she new she never said anything. Never stopped and have continued. My wife supports and helps me dress and has gone outhrough to.local clubs with me enfemme.

Kiersten
01-23-2016, 06:26 PM
No. But i can remember a few Halloweens when she suggested I should go dressed as a girl.

leotard fan
01-23-2016, 08:24 PM
no. but she know i dress girlie... but she never talk about it...father too.

Judy-Somthing
01-23-2016, 08:50 PM
No but when I was about five my sister did and I was hooked.

Carla4Guage
01-24-2016, 07:46 AM
I have no recollection of ever being dressed as a girl by my Mother. I was the oldest child and the two that followed were boys also. I do however have pictures of my father (raised by three old maid aunts ) in dresses with long Shirley Temple sausage curls & full petticoats, crinkly looking panties and black shiny patent leather shoes. They had at least three different dresses photographed up to (my guess) age 3 or 4. Maybe I got my dressing thru my Dad's genes!

Genni
01-24-2016, 08:24 AM
My mom dressed me as a girl for Halloween when I was in about 4th grade (10 years old or thereabouts). I enjoyed it more than I let on no doubt :) . I'm sure she knew that I had an interest in girl clothes, but we never discussed it.

heathr1
01-24-2016, 10:04 AM
I remember coming home from school one afternoon to find mom had bought a girls' blouse/top for me. Apparently she bought it in error, thinking it was a boys' shirt and asked if I'd keep and wear it.....I did.

A friend of hers once encouraged me to try on her tall leather boots.

Jenniferx
01-24-2016, 11:11 AM
I remember that my sister dressed me up as a girl, I'm sure to torture me. Not sure if it was before or after being caught wearing her bra's- ha.
Dad was not amused.

MarciManseau
01-24-2016, 11:14 AM
No. But i can remember a few Halloweens when she suggested I should go dressed as a girl.

And you didn't say yes, while trying trying to look reluctant? :)

Stephanie47
01-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Sometimes I wish I had been dressed as a girl. Then maybe there would be a reason for my desire to wear women's clothing. Until my sister was born 12 years after me that was the first female born into my father's side of the family since the early 1880's. I had no sisters. I had no female cousins. For some reason in the neighborhood I grew up in there were few girls...exactly one who was my age. Any girls I knew were school mates. There was one "tom boy" named "Charlie" (AKA: Linda) who played center field on our baseball team.

It wasn't until sexual awareness started to arise inside me that this urge started. The only possibility I can think of is my mother stating too many times that I was suppose to be a girl. Her idea of an ideal family was husband, wife, son and daughter. My brother was a year older than I was. Maybe I heard that too many times before I cried and told her she did not love me because I wasn't a girl. I was probably four years old when I said that. She no longer said that. I really do not think that had a bearing on my desires. I grew up straight girl crazed young teenager.

Frankly, I think there is some genetic component to this "need."

Kiersten
01-24-2016, 11:58 AM
And you didn't say yes, while trying trying to look reluctant? :)

Looking back on it I wish I had.

Rachel Sanders
01-24-2016, 12:37 PM
My mother never dressed me. Nor did she figure out why her panties kept disappearing. She had no idea it was me. I had a girlfriend dress me a few times. She also did my makeup. That was some good times!

Rach