PDA

View Full Version : Different Minds

deebra
07-14-2015, 07:09 AM
I just read a thread how a member went dress shopping with a female friend he was "out" to, she was fine with it and the sales assistant was also and offered her/him help in finding female clothing, sizes, etc. Can't understand how some women find it no big deal, like a MtF CD wearing women's clothes is no different than another female, it's just that individuals choice in clothing. So why is it that some females don't look at it like the previous and they just can't handle it. Are they stuck in the old school 1950's and haven't changed or progressed to all the changes that are accepted in 2015? Have they never thought that female clothing offers so much more than male such as colors, soft materials, form fitting. Anyone know why?

Krisi
07-14-2015, 07:22 AM
I think you are fooling yourself if you think crossdressing is "accepted" in 2015. And yes, female clothing may offer more than male clothing, but males are expected to wear male clothing. That's why there are two separate sections in the stores.

I Am Paula
07-14-2015, 08:05 AM
Other women seem to enjoy having a crossdressing friend.
Wives don't usually enjoy having a cross dressing husband.
It's a double standard that you just have to live with.

sometimes_miss
07-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Can't understand how some women find it no big deal, <snip> So why is it that some females don't look at it like the previous and they just can't handle it.
People are different. It would be a very monotonous world if we weren't. Women might ask you why some guys are turned on by fat women, while other guys are completely turned off by any woman who isn't very slender. Normal variation of the species. Some are more tolerant, others, picky picky picky. You choose.

Allisa
07-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Because girls wear dresses and boys don't, girls wear make-up and boys don't, girls are sugar and spice and everything nice, these are the things we are taught as youngsters so fighting that training is very hard. Open mindedness and acceptance are learned as we mature(not necessarily age wise) but some just don't get it and don't want to change. After all our bodies are different in basic shape in different places so many think it's ridiculous.

Tina_gm
07-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Generally younger people these days are more accepting than people who grew up many decades ago. There was basically no acceptance of trans back then. It was looked upon as a seriously bad sexual perversion, deviancy, and mental illness. Some younger generation people still are either taught this, or just have their own prejudices still. You definitely see more young adults being ok, not care accepting than older adults. But there are both of both. Also, generally there is more acceptance in urban areas than rural areas.

Those, young or old are generally less accepting if they are devout. Not much acceptance is taught in church.... and they also believe still that it is all a choice.

So if someone asks how or why there are people who do not accept, we are only in the dawning of the age of aquar.. err sorry, acceptance. It will still likely take many decades before there is basically no substantial prejudice and hatred for trans people.

reb.femme
07-14-2015, 01:43 PM
...Can't understand how some women find it no big deal, like a MtF CD wearing women's clothes is no different than another female, it's just that individuals choice in clothing. So why is it that some females don't look at it like the previous and they just can't handle it?...

Why does one person like something and another person doesn't? We have an advert in the UK for Marmite. It simply states that, "You either love it or hate it" and to me that is all there is to it. In life there is black and white and then many shades of grey in between.

Rebecca

Rachelakld
07-14-2015, 02:05 PM
My ex once she moved from an office job to factory worker, she dressed like a scruffy male factory worker 24/7, I wasn't keen going out with her.

Beverley Sims
07-15-2015, 08:07 AM
It seems much easier if the female is not related or emotionally attached to you.

Then, anything goes, and a romantic attachment can be a lot easier if it does happen.