PDA

View Full Version : Sweating to the oldies.

Sandie70
07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
I'm curious about something.

I've never been to any club while dressed and danced. Don't know why - just haven't.

Now I'm thinking about going to a local club I've never been to and want to hit the dance floor. And I love to dance.

Which leads me to two questions.

1. How do you keep your makeup from melting off your face when you start sweating from the dancing?

2. Can any of you slow dance like a girl - where you don't lead? And how the heck do you practice that without a partner at home? Are there instructional videos out there for girls to learn to slow dance?

OK, that was four questions, so sue me.

And by the way, I don't care about ballroom dancing - I'm not going on Dancing with the Stars. Just plain old vanilla slow dancing.

Kate Simmons
07-14-2015, 01:58 PM
I'm usually the first one on the floor when I go dancing at the club. You'd think my makeup would melt as my clothes are usually wet after a couple of hours. Mind over matter I guess. I do go in the rest room periodically to touch up my makeup, which consists of beard cover, creme foundation, blush, face powder, eye shadow, pencil, mascara, liner and of course lipstick. I honestly don't sweat that much. The trick for myself is keep moving and it helps to cool me. When I stop to sit down is when I really start perspiring. Even with all of that I have a ton of fun dancing. Enjoy Sandie. :battingeyelashes::)PS I have slow danced doing the female part with dreamy guys but I also practiced in my bedroom which has a huge wrap around mirror on the dresser and that is how I also practice my dance moves to songs.

Nikki A.
07-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Kate is the right person to answer, she does do a lot of dancing. Another thing is stay close to the AC vents.

Lorileah
07-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Letting someone else lead is just something you have to let go and do. I used to Two Step and followed. The problem was my leads usually were shorter than I was. When I dance, I just go limp and let whoever I'm with take control.

I don't like getting sweaty though, ruins the romance after the dance

Evie08
07-14-2015, 11:05 PM
I learned about getting my makeup to last in Mexico. High temp and high humidity. When putting on my makeup I have a fan going. For a beard cover base, I use Ben Nye five o'sharp and their translucent powder. This was made for hot lights stage makeup. Thin layers and powder in between. I then use MAC foundation. Again in thin layers with the translucent powder in between. I finish with MAC Fix + spray.

And dancing. If you have learned to lead - then reverse. Feel for your partner to lead. Finding a good dance partner will make all the difference. Have fun

Adriana Moretti
07-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Hey girl....the FIRST part of your question " how to prevent your makeup from melting off" I can help you out with....USE a Finishing Setting Spray...urban decay, and skindinavia make the best on the market.....as far as the second part of your question.....Dancing is like $ex ...xoxo

Vickie_CDTV
07-15-2015, 12:21 AM
For the makeup, you should try using something called "stay spray" which will help the makeup stick to your skin. You can also try an antiperspirant (Certain-Dri is what I use), applied carefully, on your forehead and upper lip and under the wig (make sure you are not sensitive to it before going out, and don't let any get into your eyes!)

It is also a good idea to carry a collapsible hand fan in your purse if you get warm easily (which is a problem with wigs.) I always carry one with me when dressed, year round, especially in a club as they are always warm (especially in the winter when in addition to everything else the heat is on and it gets warm enough to grow bananas in some of them.)

Patrica Gil
07-15-2015, 09:54 AM
Once you go you'll like it. Dancing in heels is fun, slow or fast. Your dance partner and you will figure it out. The make-up thing is what all girls have to deal with. Your gonna put on a dress and be a girl then deal with it, or don't put on the dress. Your get a run in your nylons, feet will hurt the next day, and maybe smell like a cigarette, but you'll just remember how much fun it is.

docrobbysherry
07-15-2015, 12:45 PM
Partners dancing is nearly obsolete in the West. U simple face someone when u r on the floor and you're dancing with them. Turn around and you're not!

I dance a lot at the clubs I visit often in LA and Vegas. Because talk is nearly impossible as they play music so loud!:doh:

Never have perspiration or makeup issues. Even when my top half is covered in silicone!:eek:
But, I'm slim under all those foam pads, wigs, and girdles. And, they all breathe!:D

Beverley Sims
07-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Your makeup won't melt after you get rid of the butterflies.

Get out there and give it a try.