PDA

View Full Version : Changed my name....

xoMindyxo
07-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Note : Moderators, if this needs to be in the Introductions forum, feel free to move it to the appropriate forum. Just posted it here since I do come on here frequently, and I have no idea how to change my profile name. Quite honestly, I don't want to have to start a new account from scratch,

After a long period of mulling about it and thinking it over, I have decided to change my name.

I am now Melinda Renee Sabatine. Or Mindy for short.

I've always liked the name Mindy, and Sabatine is my late mother's maiden name. There is only one other Sabatine in my family, and I just thought it be nice to honor her and carry the last name.

Also, I've changed a lot since my acceptance and ending my denial, and, running away from the fact that I am transgender. Yes, just because I have no desire to transition, that doesn't mean I am any less trans. I may enjoy my male life too, but that doesn't take anything away from me and I'll be damned if someone else thinks they will.

I've evolved...a lot. In my look, style, and, overall attitude towards my life. Although I do feel I can balance my life well, I won't lie and not say I don't struggle sometimes. And even though I would love it for everyone to accept me sight unseen, I know that isn't the case. And even though most of my family and friends know of my trans life, some are a little uneasy about it. But I do understand how they feel. Sometimes, my caring and love for my family and friends outweigh my own needs. I'm alright with that. If they're ready, I'll know. But I accept if they never will be.That's ok too. I just try to find middle ground and make all of us happy, especially when our lives are so intertwined with one anothers. I do what I can to protect them from harm. They don't need the ignorance from others. This is my fight, and not theirs.

But anyhoo, I've felt that I've kind of outgrown Mandy. In more ways than one. The name served it's purpose when I began to express myself this way from head to toe. It was time.

I'm still the same person inside. That much hasn't changed.

Take care and all the best, :o:battingeyelashes:
--Mindy.

Victoria Demeanor
07-16-2015, 08:59 PM
Yes Mindy, if you went down to "Forum issues" you can ask to have your name changed there. no need to start from scratch.. I am sure one of the Mods will be around shortly to move your post and take care of you, but wanted to jump in and be the first to say Hello Melinda Renee Sabatine.... nice to re-meet you. ;)

Sarah-RT
07-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Your story resonates with me so much, glad you've found yourself mindy!

Sarah x

lily1974
07-16-2015, 11:03 PM
Welcome to your rebirth Mindy. Glad things are working so well for you. You and many others here are very pretty. Ya'll should have no problem with the transitions.