PDA

View Full Version : I Used to be a Crossdresser

Georgina
07-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Up until recently I used to be a cross dresser and before that I was a Transvestite, but now I am confused. I have not changed much over the years, in my spare time I wear full female outfits, but I don't always do make up and rarely full make up. Now when I see the term cross dresser being used it would seem that the author is almost female and wanting to be so. I adore the clothes and that is why I wear them, however, I must be a rarity since there is no label to describe me. Not that labels are needed but society likes to categorise.

Shelly Preston
07-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Georgina

Don't worry about labels and just be yourself.

Jenniferathome
07-17-2015, 05:55 PM
What is the color red? 10,000 shades. Most people will centralize on only a few shades but there are always outliers.

Stephj
07-17-2015, 07:30 PM
Some label me as a underdresser as I only wear 2 articles of female clothing I too adore what I wear and have since I was a young boy

Teresa
07-17-2015, 08:14 PM
Georgina,
As we all now transvestite simply translates as " To cross clothes or garb " so we get the norm of crossdresser, no mention of sexual content or which gender or even copying female characteristics . So whether you choose to wear makeup and a wig or not the same labels still apply !
Most of the time I don't do full makeup only lipstick when I dress unless I get the time to justify it . I've been caught out more times as a guy in a dress than fully dressed so to those people I would definitely be a crossdresser, inside I may be more than that but unless I carry a label round my neck they won't realise that or possibly not care !

Pat
07-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Up until recently I used to be a cross dresser and before that I was a Transvestite, but now I am confused.

Sounds like that old Elvis Costello song except you don't mention Red Shoes in your post. :)

Three things are required to communicate: something to tell, someone to listen and words you both understand. So are you a crossdresser? A transvestite? A femulator? A transgender male? You have something to tell, if you have someone to tell it to, go with the words that work. If you don't have anyone to tell, words don't matter. If you're looking for words that let you understand yourself go with what seems right for right now and be flexible about changing your internal description. If you start reading academic literature you'll have to use different terms than here in the forum. Stay loose; let the words fit you, don't change yourself to fit the words and be at peace with the idea that there might not be a word for your specific case. It's OK (unless you have to talk to someone else about it.)

sometimes_miss
07-18-2015, 05:24 AM
Not that labels are needed but society likes to categorise.
Then let society go ***** itself. We don't need labels, and you don't have to label yourself. If you're a guy who likes to wear female outfits, that's what you are. You don't have to try to pick a word that defines that.

Claire Cook
07-18-2015, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I'd agree that labels are for things we buy. Sure, I call myself a crossdresser or transgendered if the subject should come up, but basically the clothes I wear are my clothes -- of whatever gender. I just like the female ones better. :battingeyelashes:

Krisi
07-18-2015, 08:36 AM
We do need labels, otherwise we couldn't send someone to the store for a bag of peaches or a pound of pork chops.

Individuals (people) are complex so we may have many labels. The same individual might be labeled a "man", a "golfer", a "boater", a "father", a "Husband", and of course, a "crossdresser". It's all about context. If you wear women's clothes once for a party you wouldn't be labeled a "crossdresser" but if you wear them frequently or are a member of a crossdressing on-line forum, you are probably a "crossdresser".