PDA

View Full Version : Stroke of Insight

Samantha Clark
07-24-2015, 04:20 PM
I had not thought about this for years, but something this morning reminded me about a TED talk I saw long ago entitled "Stroke of Insight." It's a talk by a neuroanatomist who relates her experience of having a stroke and hemmorage in her left hemisphere, and the consequent feelings of bliss as her right hemisphere took greater control of her consciousness. I wept again as I watched it this morning. Here is a link

http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_taylor_s_powerful_stroke_of_insight?lan guage=en

It struck me that cross dressing is, at least for me, stepping away from the left brain and towards the right brain. It can, if I am pleased with the results, transport myself to a different place nearer to Nirvana.

Let me know what you think? Sometimes I just want to put my left brain on mute!

pamela7
07-24-2015, 04:34 PM
totally, the right brain is momentum-flow, no here-there, no pronouns, just bliss, it's right, i do retreats where people get to keep this beingness permanently, its my life's work.

kimdl93
07-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Given the complexity and plasticity of the brain, I can't say for sure where my consciousness resides.