PDA

View Full Version : Found this pic

Joansometimes
07-27-2015, 07:46 AM

I think we all agree with this.

franlee
07-27-2015, 04:36 PM
In reality NO! Just on the tags, because when you buy them they are "yours" what ever gender you are to use as you please.

Belle Cri
07-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Now that is clever, I hadn't thought of that answer lol

Jaylyn
07-27-2015, 04:57 PM
I like your statement Franlee.

Erica Marie
07-27-2015, 06:04 PM
Cloths are just pieces of material, made to keep us warm and covered up. Why should it matter what style cloths we wear.

NicoleScott
07-27-2015, 06:25 PM
Yes, they do. I'm a crossdresser, a guy who wears women's clothes. Is this just another labels thread?

Jaylyn
07-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Lol don't turn this into a label thread Nicole. But I agree with you also, I'm easy today. I am a male that enjoys wearing the clothes made for the female. Especially the soft frilly or soft nylon type. So I guess I turn my male nylon workout shirts into a joy to wear. That doesn't really make make sense either as I would be working out more if I felt feminine in them. Just something about the clothing having a tag that came from the women's department.

pamela7
07-27-2015, 08:11 PM
to me it matters that the clothes were intended for the female of our species.

sometimes_miss
07-27-2015, 09:42 PM
If there were no connection to gender with styles of clothes, we would all feel just fine in drab. But we don't. We want to pick things that are only designated for girls, to change how we feel, by what we wear.

NicoleScott
07-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Jaylyn, did I say labels? I meant tags. haha

ReineD
07-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Clothes send out signals: I am rich, or I laugh in the face of consumerism, or I'm a Jock, a biker, business-person, frat-girl, hipster, hippie-chick, soccer-mom, from India (a sari), from Japan (kimono), the middle-east (burka), or any other culture you can think of, yadda, yadda, yadda.

The only thing that all these different clothes have in common (except maybe for a pair of jeans), is the uncanny way they have of signaling that the wearer is either male or female. lol. In every culture, across all time, there has been a significant difference between clothing that is generally accepted as being either male or female.

It's only in the last few years, really, that the gender-gap has narrowed enough for some people in our culture to purposely adopt unisex clothing. But the people who do make that effort do not constitute a large percentage of the population. Most people do indeed prefer clothing that signal their gender.

Jennifer B
07-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons. I've cherry picked a few photos here. I think the third one is the best example of how both sides are a common look for the female and not so on the right hand side for the male.

mechamoose
07-28-2015, 08:00 AM
#%^ no

I'd debate that *people* have gender.

I mean, a chimp hits us up at 97% similarity. Closer than that, is there still a practical difference?

- MM

Karen RHT
07-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Clothes only have gender because the majority of society apply the male/female labels to them and accept the use of those labels. I ignore the labels when I choose what clothes I want to wear.

Karen

Sarah L
07-28-2015, 09:40 AM
You can buy a pair of men's blue jeans and then re-cut and sew them into a skirt.
The original product was made for a man.
Is this a "loophole"?
If a man wore such a skirt, would he still be a crossdresser?

I only wear women's clothes because I like them. Not because they are women's clothing.

Mayo
07-28-2015, 10:07 AM
From Eddie Izzard:

Dianne S
07-28-2015, 10:12 AM
If you speak French, clothes have gender. :)

Skirts, dresses, shirts and socks are feminine while sweaters, pants and gloves are masculine. A bra is masculine too.

ReineD
07-28-2015, 04:36 PM
^ Yeah, I know (I'm French too). There's no rhyme or reason to the assignation of feminine or masculine to every noun in the french language. I feel sorry for people who are learning to speak it. lol

Feminine: airplane, bicycle (bicyclette), table, lamp, saw, page, box, house, ear, etc.

Masculine: boat, bicycle (bicycle), desk, rug, hammer, book, package, building, eye, etc.

BLUE ORCHID
07-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Hi Joan, Gender refers to language such as He She, Him Her, Mr. Mrs., Male Female, Masculine Feminine and so on.

It does refer to adamant or in-adamant objects. :daydreaming:

mechamoose
07-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Gender IDs seem to be the most useful when you are looking for a date.

"Hey there cutie, are you following the trail of treats I'm leaving?"

/wiggle

Ally 2112
07-30-2015, 07:38 PM
Signs signs everwhere there are signs .Busting up the scenrey breaking my mind .Every store i go into there is a mens section and a womens section .I rather shop in the womens section than the mens and if that means a gender difference im ok with it .I just like womens clothing better and like the fact im buying womens clothing .Just my opin :)