PDA

View Full Version : Stashing your girl things outside the home

Lexi Moralas
07-27-2015, 08:15 AM
Ok , I wasn't going to post this because I am sure I will catch a tone of flack from the holier than thou crowd about how I need to reevaluate my life. But I thought there might be a girl or 2 out there that just might find this post helpful so here we go.
Ok for reasons I won't get in to it is very difficult for me to smuggle my regular stash out , the back in to their hiding place when I travel. And what better time to get some girl time than when out of town for a few days right ?
So I started buying a few basic things from Walmart or good will then donating them before returning home. But this can get expensive and I don't always have the time to shop. So I started thinking about ways , and places I could keeps stuff out side the house. I asked for advice here , but none of the suggestions fit the bill. I thought about placing an add on Craig's list to try to find a friend to hold the stuff for me but that just seemed problematic on so many levels I trashed that idea quickly. Then one afternoon I was board stiff and caught a couple episodes of doomsday preppers and a light went on!

So I have been experimenting with this for about a month and so far it's working out better than I expected. And all the nay Sayer can post all the negative comments they want, but sometimes a girls just gotta do what a girls gotta do!
So I grabbed a 5 gallon bucket from Walmart. Bought myself enough stuff to put together one outfit
Bra , thong , stockings , then off to good will for 2 skirts a top and for the first time ever I found a pair of shoes there. Knee high boots with a 3 in heel. Usually I'm a 4" or higher girl but hey there were cute and only $8 so what the hell right. Everything fit in the bucket with room to spare and I had less than $30 into this little experiment. So here's where I'll get the sour faces. I pulled off the highway on my regular route and stashed the bucket in some bushes about 20 ft into the woods. It felt strange to be honest and I almost took the bucket back to the car. But if I did that I would have to donate the stuff anyway so Ieft it. So far it's working out great , I just pull over as if I had to take a pee , grab my bucket and off I go , then put it back before returning home. Take about 30 seconds. Easy peezy. Since I've added a purse , makeup and accessories. Pair of jeans and a corset of coarse. Through in a handful of dryer sheets to keeps things smelling nice. And a sock with a little rice in it to absorb any moisture that might get in due to condensation or something. If packed full now lol. so far it's been through 3 good rain storms and everything inside is perfect. I may take it a step farther and pick up a roll camo duck tape to cover the white bucket. I got that idea from a couple of hunters I know that it turns out use this method to keeps some gear stashed in there favorite hunting spots. So I guess I'm not as crazy as I thought. Although I would be sad if my bucket was to disappear at some point but it is unlikely, and if it dose I have less than $100 in it and have used it 3 times already so it is what it is I guess.
Well that's pretty much it in a nut shell I hope there is some girl out there like me who finds this helpful

Tabitha_Lynn
07-27-2015, 08:50 AM
Just wait till a Geocacher stumbles onto it. ;)

You may get some good swaps out of it then.

Sorry, couldnt resist. :D

You must be in a rural area.

Abby Kae
07-27-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm happy that you're making a difficult situation work for you! Sounds like a huge inconvenience, but if that's what you have to do, kudos for finding a solution!

Lexi Moralas
07-27-2015, 09:13 AM
What's is a geocatcher?

I'm happy that you're making a difficult situation work for you! Sounds like a huge inconvenience, but if that's what you have to do, kudos for finding a solution!

Thanks for the supportive words girl

Tabitha_Lynn
07-27-2015, 09:19 AM
What's is a geocatcher?

Geocaching is a worldwide game where participants stash caches and then search for the via GPS.

The caches may be anything from a pill bottle to a chest. Treasures are swapped as part of thw game

Sarah-RT
07-27-2015, 09:45 AM
Lexi I must admit that its probably the most unique method I have ever heard on here, so you get a medal for that. I would recommend however that the site you use to bury your bucket isnt private property or state property just incase the police or someone nosey passes by and see's you digging, it almost reminds me of something out of CSI or something :heehee:

Sarah x

Lexi Moralas
07-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Lexi I must admit that its probably the most unique method I have ever heard on here, so you get a medal for that. I would recommend however that the site you use to bury your bucket isnt private property or state property just incase the police or someone nosey passes by and see's you digging, it almost reminds me of something out of CSI or something :heehee:

Sarah x

Thanks for the advice girl , but I don't actually bury it I just stuck it in a couple of bushes , digging would be a little over the top , its far enough off the road where high way crew cutting grass ect won't come across it but close enough that I am only away from my car for less than 1 minute. Its a little weird I know but it's working out so far

Sounds
Geocaching is a worldwide game where participants stash caches and then search for the via GPS.

The caches may be anything from a pill bottle to a chest. Treasures are swapped as part of thw game

Sounds like a cool game

Krisi
07-27-2015, 10:13 AM
That's fine as long as it works for you. I would be afraid someone else would find it and take the stuff or call the police and start an investigation.

Have you considered renting a storage locker?

BTW: Every piece of land belongs to somebody. A private individual, a business or charity or a government.

Lexi Moralas
07-27-2015, 10:27 AM
That's fine as long as it works for you. I would be afraid someone else would find it and take the stuff or call the police and start an investigation.

Have you considered renting a storage locker?
If some one takes it so be it , I gave some thought about someone finding it and suspecting some kind of foul play. But I think it is highly unlikely.

Crissy Kay
07-27-2015, 12:03 PM
Good for you Lexi. I am glad its worked out so far. My late cd friend would leave some of her clothes here with me. As I did have some extra storage space.

NicoleScott
07-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Hmmmm. Geocaching for CDers. Interesting idea.....

Lorileah
07-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Dear CD.com. You won't believe what happened. I was driving down the road and had to pee and went to the edge of the woods. There was a bucket there and I thought, gee I need a bucket at home for stuff. I took it home and found a whole outfit of women's clothes. At first I thought I should take it back but then realized it was in the woods and it was probably thrown away. How lucky am I?

Katey888
07-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Or in about 2000 years time archaeologists will be insisting: "No - really - New Englanders used to bury their dead women in 5 gallon plastic buckets... We've uncovered thousands of these under the ash from the Yellowstone eruption... it's too many to be a coincidence..." :facepalm:

Lexi - if you've got the right environment for it (deserted) and you're not worried about losing the stuff and it works for you then great... :)

I'd probably be more worried about turning up late one night being hit with floodlights and surrounded by armed Feebs wondering where I'd stashed the woman's body... I'll be sticking to my garage, thanks all the same... :D

Katey x

Pat
07-27-2015, 01:30 PM
If some one takes it so be it , I gave some thought about someone finding it and suspecting some kind of foul play. But I think it is highly unlikely.

Just a thought -- you could leave a note in your bucket explaining that it's a clothing stash. No denying it would be a weird note, but it's a weird situation. You don't have to sign it or anything, just an "I suppose you're wondering what you have here..." note. You could end it with, "If you steal it, it's no big deal, but if you wouldn't mind leaving it alone, I'd consider it a kindness."

AllieSF
07-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Great idea. I like the camouflage duct tape treatment too. When the leaves fall and the site is more open the bucket will be more visible. You might also try regularly adding branches around it so that it looks more natural like a pile of dead branches and still keeps hiding the bucket. Put some blackberry thorny branches/shoots around it with a small opening to get into it to grab the bucket. That may also help discourage someone from inspecting it too close. Thanks for sharing a good idea.

Sandie70
07-27-2015, 02:18 PM
I guess if you find a homeless woman walking around in your neighborhood wearing a pretty top and heels, well, you might kiss your stash goodbye (lol). Or the police come to your door and arrest you because they traced the clothes a bank robber changed out of the day before (again, lol).

I use a very cheap storage unit. Nuff said.

Lexi Moralas
07-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the support girls , good idea about the note , I was actually thinking about including a note explaining that it is my cross dressing stash and taping a $20 bill to it as a gift to leave the stash alone. And this way if the money's gone I know some one found it and it's time to move it.
But honestly it's so easy to pick a good spot and if with all the crap that is at the edge of the woods on the highways I doubt any one would go through the trouble to check it out if they did spot it.

And honestly if I spent to much time getting hung up on the what if , I never would have gotten past trying on my moms pantyhose. Because what if , and I've already learned a couple of hard lessons about not thinking things through enough .I think I am at a point were I can identify what's a smart risk and what's just asking for trouble.
For example an abandon parking lot may seem like a good place to get some privacy to change into and back from girl mode , but as I learned the hard way it look suspicious to the police.
But anyway thanks for the support girls I was honestly expecting a lot of negitivity on this one

Alice_2014_B
07-27-2015, 02:31 PM
I just keep my stuff at home, wife knows about everything.
:)

Krisi
07-27-2015, 03:56 PM
You're going to put a $20 bill and a note in the bucket? Now you're going to risk losing your stuff and $20 to boot!

Here's what I see happening: You leave your stuff in a bucket in the woods. Someone finds it and figures out it is a crossdresser's stash. He hides one of the motion sensing cameras (like hunters use) nearby and when you come to get your stuff the camera begins taking pictures. The pictures end up on Facebook or the video ends up on youtube. Or, he figures out who you are and asks for money not to put you on Facebook or youtube.

Don't look upon it as "negativity" look upon it as honest people just trying to help.

Mark/Rebecca
07-27-2015, 04:16 PM
It is horrible what our clothes go through when we absolutely love them. I just finally moved mine from a hot attic by designing a massive concealed drawer in an antique cabinet.

Krisi
07-27-2015, 04:36 PM
If you cover the bucket in camo duck tape, how will you find it next time?

BTW: You are from New England, right? How are you going to put on your forms if they've been sitting outside in a New England winter? Talk about "colder than a witch's tittie."

Diane1950
07-27-2015, 04:41 PM
Having been born and raised in New England myself, I know well how the winters are. What will you do then?

Wandacdmn
07-27-2015, 05:32 PM
Funny. You are so much like me. I got tired of tossing my stuff and too scared to stash at home. Now after I got some precious things I decided to keep them in a duffle in my office. I have exercise duffles in there too and no one thinks anything of it. Oh but how awkward it could be. And it's convenient to grab when I go on business trips. Good luck. Would be funny if we're dressing in the same hotel one day.

Lexi Moralas
07-27-2015, 06:45 PM
Don't use forms just a padded bra , I have a smaller frame and I think I look better with smaller boobs. And if my stash get snowed in then it will have to sit there till the spring thaw. Oh well

Alice , congrats on your perfect situation at home , most of us are not so blessed.

Krisi , thanks for your input , hmmm a storage locker you say ? How revolutionary , what forward thinking. Maybe I'll find one thats free , comletely Secret and exactly on my way to where I'm going , I'll have to check into that.

Look sarcasm aside , I'm not saying it's perfect , I'm not saying it's for every one.
In my situation it is resort to these measures of stop dressing and as hard as I've tried I can't stop dressing.
I wasn't going to post it at all but I figured if there are any girls out there As desperate as I am to hold on to their fem side with out completely screwing up everything in there guy life then this might help them out or inspire them to think out side the box a little or something ;I don't know.
Wanda hit me up while you are traving in New England maybe we can grab a drink together

Charlyne
07-27-2015, 06:51 PM
In my community a small storage unit would cost only $25 per month. Besides sooner or later some one will see you and will be curious. It is amazing how many times I thought I was alone and was not!

Jorja
07-27-2015, 07:07 PM
I employ 20 people that fall under the transgender umbrella. Not all of them have a place to keep their clothing. Some are in DADT relationships, some are deeply closeted and so on. I own a few buildings in town. One is used as a changing station. Each person rents a small room and closet that are tastefully decorated. They use their own lock giving me a spare key for just in case. They are free to come and go as they like when they like. The only real rules are no sex on the property, be respectful of your neighbor, and keep the place clean.

Allisa
07-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Lexi since your in New England you have birch trees and as you know birch bark peels easily and with a white bucket why not affix some bark to your bucket and disguise it as a tree stump? With the right under brush who would know.

BLUE ORCHID
07-27-2015, 08:55 PM
Hi Lexi, CDers sure are an ingenious lot aren't they.:daydreaming:

Amy Lynn3
07-27-2015, 09:14 PM
I have often wondered if any gg that reads threads like this has any compassion for us, for all the troubles we have, just to wear a few cloths.

AngelaYVR
07-27-2015, 10:10 PM
That is really quite ingenious. Another one to cross off your bucket list!

MissTee
07-27-2015, 11:21 PM
To have a compulsion so strong it drives a behavior you describe is noteworthy. It is who we are, as well.

Katey888
07-28-2015, 04:19 AM
Another one to cross off your bucket list! <GROAN> :facepalm: :)

I employ 20 people that fall under the transgender umbrella. Not all of them have a place to keep their clothing. Some are in DADT relationships, some are deeply closeted and so on. I own a few buildings in town. One is used as a changing station. Each person rents a small room and closet that are tastefully decorated. They use their own lock giving me a spare key for just in case. They are free to come and go as they like when they like.

Now that is worthy of more recognition, acknowledgment and ultimately some sort of award... :cheer: It is inspiring to see that some sort of philanthropy lives on... You Angel, You...! :)

Lexi - your post has drawn out just what this passionate condition means to a lot of us... Well done for doing that and being prepared to accept a wee bit of humour in the process... Our condition is not an easy thing to deal with in some circumstances and yet we still struggle to make it work for us individually - if GGs and muggles understood how deep this runs perhaps they'd be less prone to dismiss it as some sort of trivial obsession... :hmph:

Katey x

Marcelle
07-28-2015, 04:32 AM
Hi there,

Very ingenious . . . a CD cache :)

A while back I remember someone posting a thread about humor or lack there of on this part of the forum (too much serious conversation) to counter that, I submit for the court's approval the following (you all gave me a chuckle to start my day):

Just wait till a Geocacher stumbles onto it. ;)

You may get some good swaps out of it then.

Sorry, couldnt resist. :D

You must be in a rural area.

Dear CD.com. You won't believe what happened. I was driving down the road and had to pee and went to the edge of the woods. There was a bucket there and I thought, gee I need a bucket at home for stuff. I took it home and found a whole outfit of women's clothes. At first I thought I should take it back but then realized it was in the woods and it was probably thrown away. How lucky am I?

Or in about 2000 years time archaeologists will be insisting: "No - really - New Englanders used to bury their dead women in 5 gallon plastic buckets... We've uncovered thousands of these under the ash from the Yellowstone eruption... it's too many to be a coincidence..." :facepalm:

Lexi - if you've got the right environment for it (deserted) and you're not worried about losing the stuff and it works for you then great... :)

I'd probably be more worried about turning up late one night being hit with floodlights and surrounded by armed Feebs wondering where I'd stashed the woman's body... I'll be sticking to my garage, thanks all the same... :D

Katey x

That is really quite ingenious. Another one to cross off your bucket list!

Cheers

Isha

HerWife1110
07-28-2015, 06:06 AM
It all sounds absolutely exhausting. It totally sux that some of you need to hide your belongings and yourselves :sad:

AnnieMac
07-28-2015, 08:00 AM
Somehow this reminds me of money stashed in the snow in "Fargo". You Betcha!

Tabitha_Lynn
07-28-2015, 08:19 AM
On a serious note, I think that this idea is actually pretty good given the proper conditions. For example I used to live in a very rural area (lots of woods and few houses) and this would have been a good option when heading out to town for girl time. Cudos for sharing.

Presently, I keep my duffle I. My trunk or stashed away in my work shop or attic. I have kept it locked in a file drawer in my office as well.

Kelsey21
07-28-2015, 08:31 AM
Yikes, Glad I haven't had to go to this extreme..... Yet. Everything would be wrinkled all to hell in a bucket. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm lucky to have a garage myself, but that isn't fool proof either, so I went and found and used metal filing cabinet complete with lock and key, stuffed it in the garage corner somewhat out of sight, and voila! So far so good.
I guess I take for granted the space that I do have which gives me options, whereas many people may be limited to space for stashing. Definitely an interesting way of hiding things though.

Erika Lyne
07-28-2015, 09:22 AM
Wow! Now, I've been dressing since a very young age and I had much the same issue for years. I commend your creativity. This is ingenious. As stated by others, I would be most nervous not about losing the stash but having the police waiting for me as I clambered out of the woods with the bucket behind what would look like and abandoned car. If you say you were peeing in the woods you risk getting cited for public uriniation and indecent exposure, the latter being a registerable sex offense. If you come out of the woods changed you again risk indecent exposure charges. The courts of MA and NH are not very fond of people showing remotely what could be considered indecent, I can't speak for the other states.

You say you are in New England. You must be further away from the metroplex of the Northeast corridor.

I'm by no means criticizing your efforts. This thing we do drives us to extremes. It is just hard for many to fathom how far we would take it to be true to ourselves with trying not to hurt others.

-E

NicoleScott
07-28-2015, 10:29 AM
I have used many different hiding places. We do what we can. As Krisi said, not trying to negative, only helpful, the $20 idea isn't a good one. Maybe you have more faith in the honesty of strangers than I do.

Dear crossdresser, I got your note. Thanks for the cash. If you want your clothes to be here next time, you'll need to leave me another twenty.

Tracii G
07-28-2015, 11:00 AM
Personally I think its a great idea and if its working for you then its all good.

Adriana Moretti
07-28-2015, 11:08 AM
my trunk is filled with an overflow of pocketbooks, shoes, and winter jackets...it is like my extra storage xoxo

Lexi Moralas
07-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Wow girls , a lot of cool responses
Jorjia your simply awesome !
Great idea with the birch bark.
A couple of points
A) this is not my main stash , that is at home it's just so well protected it's not possible to sneak it out and back in , since this is a secondary cashe if you will , that's why I'm not overly concerned if it gets stolen or snowed in for a while because it's creating opportunities that I wouldn't otherwise have.
B) I'm not leaving my car on the side of the road for any length of time trekking through the wild looking for supper hide out. It's just a bucket hap hazzardly thrown in the bushes that can't be seen from the high way and I am literally in and out in less than 90 seconds or less

Debra Russell
07-28-2015, 11:33 AM
I would need a U-Haul trailer to abandon and camouflage someplace - the 5 gal bucket would just hold my make-up :D ............................Debra

Jorja
07-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Something to keep in mind, Lexi. In just a couple of months, hunters are going to descend upon the woods like the plague. You might want to remove your bucket until hunting season is over.

Stephanie47
07-28-2015, 11:45 AM
I must commend you for your efforts. I don't know what your housing arrangements are, but, there must be an easier way to prepare for a trip. The bucket is a good grab and go item. However, relegating any of my dresses, undergarments, heels and hosiery to an attack by the elements or inquiring bears seems ultimately to be a loser. The bucket is a good idea. However, if you do live in an owner occupied house, maybe getting a five gallon bucket and slopping the color of your house all over it and putting it on a shelf in the garage would work better. Surely there is some time available to select your femme stuff for your trips. Most women are not house bound. Even in the summer when my wife is off from work, she is away from home for hours at a time. Most women will shy away from any paint bucket that appears heavy and dirty. Just put it on an upper shelf. If you're worried about her rattling the bucket put some weight in the bottom. Select something that is sealed and has liquid in it such as cans of juice that will make a sloshing sound. I have cans of paint in my shed of the colors of my house that I use for touching up nicks and dings. Whenever I went out of town on a work assignment it was never without some notification. I use to assemble my week long wardrobe and tote it in a Xerox box. My wife would never look in it before I left because she thought it had confidential financial data of clients.

Pat
07-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Something to keep in mind, Lexi. In just a couple of months, hunters are going to descend upon the woods like the plague. You might want to remove your bucket until hunting season is over.

OR you could buy an orange dress. ;)

I kind of like this thread because it's almost a Rorschach test -- you see the silly people (guilty) being silly, fearful people projecting fear, the Rube Goldbergs 'berging (if that's a verb.) It's kinda fun to watch it develop.

Jorja
07-28-2015, 02:01 PM
I don't know about a Rorschach test or Rube Goldberg but I would be pissed to see some hunter waltzing around the woods in my favorite gown.

Abby Kae
07-28-2015, 03:47 PM
I would be pissed to see some hunter waltzing around the woods in my favorite gown.

I dunno, it'd make for an interesting conversation at the very least, maybe a new friend! ;)

RachaelInLv
07-28-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't know about a Rorschach test or Rube Goldberg but I would be pissed to see some hunter waltzing around the woods in my favorite gown.

Ok , now this ^^ made me chuckle. I needed that this morning :)

sometimes_miss
07-28-2015, 07:43 PM
Note to self: buy bigger house with some land, build extra garage, and put in a lot of lockers, rent them out to crossdressers for a few bucks. Put soda vending machine nearby but filled with beer. Make lots of friends. This is within the realm of possibility.

Jorja
07-28-2015, 09:22 PM
You would be surprised Sometimes, it works. I do not have to come up with the mortgage payment every month.

CynthiaD
07-28-2015, 10:41 PM
From my experience with geocaching, I'd be willing to bet that sooner or later someone will find your stash. Probably sooner. When they find it, they'll open it up and throw your stuff all over the place. The woods are neither deserted nor private.

JessicaJHall
07-29-2015, 01:20 AM
I want to work for Jorga.. where do I apply? All I can say is building a music studio in your garage with some extra storage behind a wall panel is a good way to go. Close to the cars as well.. so I'm a silly, fearful, rube goldberg I guess.

Edit: For PDX area girls, there is Victoria's "Over the Rainbow Transformations" (http://www.victoriasrainbow.tv/home.html). She offers storage, and just about everything else you could ever need.

Jorja
07-29-2015, 11:24 AM
It is three towns over Julie. Really Friggin' Crazytown. :)

JessicaJHall
07-29-2015, 11:38 AM
Definitely headed there, Jorga! Won't be long now..

Lexi Moralas
08-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Ok girls it seems this tread , has died off
But I figured I would post a quick update just the same.
We had several days of rain since the last time I received my girl stash , and I I suspected the bucket kept everything clean and dry.
Thanks for all the comments girls
Xx Lexi

Krisi
08-03-2015, 10:30 AM
The other danger is that someone finds the bucket and reports it as a "suspicious" package (all too common in these troubled times). The police and bomb squad are called in, the area is evacuated and they blow up your stuff. This, of course, makes it to the TV news. So:

Don't leave anything in the bucket that can be traced back to you.

Pat
08-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've read about the bomb squad blowing up a stash bucket in the middle of the woods. (Honestly, I can't... ;) )

Krisi
08-04-2015, 07:11 AM
It was on the news in my town just last week. Not a "stash bucket", but a "suspicious package". They closed the street and evacuated everybody. I guess you don't get a lot of bombs in your town,

CynthiaD
08-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I can't count the number of times I've read about the bomb squad blowing up a stash bucket in the middle of the woods. (Honestly, I can't... ;) )

The police do blow up geocaches occasionally. Same thing.

Pat
08-04-2015, 09:56 AM
"Occasionally" isn't quite the same as "all too common." Sorry I was just overcome by my inner imaginary newsreel (shot on motion-sensing cameras set up all around the bucket by blackmailers) showing bomb disposal units combing the woods looking for plastic buckets to detonate. All I'm saying is sometimes -- sometimes -- the paranoid delusions that get floated on this site rise above the line and cross into being outright funny.

Krisi
08-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Perhaps you might have chosen a better way to express your opinion. You don't know me or what I have seen or experienced in life.

JamieQ
08-13-2015, 06:34 AM
This sounds like a good idea if this works for you. Someone might eventually come across it and at the most be opened and left. I think it would be thought of something misplaced or lost off of a vehicle/trailer...IMO

notready4public
08-13-2015, 06:24 PM
Lexi, I have to say this is ingenuity at its finest. You had a difficult situation and found a way to overcome it while minimizing the risks to yourself. If you lose the stash it will suck but it sounds like the fallout from taking the things home would be worse. On a side note, it sucks that you have to hide your stash to avoid such a catastrophic event from occurring!